X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JefftheBillsfan
    • Jul 2002

nfl losing physical aspect?

maybe its just me, but i think the nfl is going too far protecting their players these days. i'm not convinced that any of the 3 roughing the qb penalties in the game (1 against them, 2 against us) were legit.

i'm also not sure if i like this no touching past the 5 yards against recievers, granted it got us a first down once when there was contact with moulds.

like i said, maybe its just me, but i think the game is losing a major apect of the game with these tightly called penalties
    Its all about the quest.
  • honey
    • Aug 2002

Re: nfl losing physical aspect?

I think sometimes that momentum has a lot to do with roughing the passer. How can you stop when you're going full steam and the guy gets rid of the ball right before you hit him?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIK5F4zRN0Y

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

It's not just you...Scott Green has no idea what he's doing out there...he should go back to being a back judge He was putting dresses on the QBs
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
        • Jul 2002

im glad to hear i wasnt the only one that thought those penalties were weak. i guess i cant really complain, he called it equally both ways, it just affected us more.
        Its all about the quest.

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JefftheBillsfan
          im glad to hear i wasnt the only one that thought those penalties were weak. i guess i cant really complain, he called it equally both ways, it just affected us more.
          believe me, section 122 was ready to strangle Green after those calls...one guy behind me was throwing stuff at him after the game
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
            • Jul 2002

i saw the same thing in the game on right now, eli released the ball just as he was about to get hit. 15 yards..

burress made a sick catch for a TD anyway, so it wasnt as significant, but still.
            I hope this isnt becoming a trend.
            Its all about the quest.

Comment

Working...
            X