PDA

View Full Version : Ok Tatonka, I really need your help on this one...

OpIv37
09-25-2005, 04:18 PM
Based on your "sky is falling" thread, I'm assuming you aren't as down on this team as some of the other posters, so I'm asking for your assistance here. Here 's what I've seen so far:

Positives:
-McGahee and the running game seem to be getting on track
-ST made a few huge plays- not as dominating as last year but will definitely help us
-The D is applying pressure and creating turnovers (at times)
-Lindell has been an asset so far and I thought he would be a liability
-The Jets are pathetic and while they're still the best team in the division, NE seems like they may be slipping a little.
-The 2 losses are against NFC teams, which means they don't hurt as bad should this team turn it around and be in the playoff chase.
-We have the Saints next week and they look awful.

Negatives:
-The O-line is awful against the pass, Williams is out and now Villarial is out. We have Greg Jerman- a reject from last year's 2-14 Dolphins- starting
- Losman looks like he's not ready- even when he had time to throw, his passes were off or he didn't find a receiver quickly enough. If we bench him, he'll never get any better. If we don't, I don't know if we can win.
- The Red Zone offense is just an embarrassment.
-The D is horrible against the run, and now Spikes is injured so it won't be getting any better. Dillon, Curtis Martin, R Brown and R Williams are in our division
- Miami and Cincinatti are both better than expected. Carolina's tougher than they looked, we still have to play NE twice- our schedule doesn't get any easier.

I'm not trying to call you out here- I'm just desperately trying to cling to some hope for this season and I'm not finding anything that's all that encouraging.

:feedback:

lunatic_bills_fan
09-25-2005, 04:25 PM
:bf1:
Based on your "sky is falling" thread, I'm assuming you aren't as down on this team as some of the other posters, so I'm asking for your assistance here. Here 's what I've seen so far:

Positives:
-McGahee and the running game seem to be getting on track
-ST made a few huge plays- not as dominating as last year but will definitely help us
-The D is applying pressure and creating turnovers (at times)
-Lindell has been an asset so far and I thought he would be a liability
-The Jets are pathetic and while they're still the best team in the division, NE seems like they may be slipping a little.
-The 2 losses are against NFC teams, which means they don't hurt as bad should this team turn it around and be in the playoff chase.
-We have the Saints next week and they look awful.

Negatives:
-The O-line is awful against the pass, Williams is out and now Villarial is out. We have Greg Jerman- a reject from last year's 2-14 Dolphins- starting
- Losman looks like he's not ready- even when he had time to throw, his passes were off or he didn't find a receiver quickly enough. If we bench him, he'll never get any better. If we don't, I don't know if we can win.
- The Red Zone offense is just an embarrassment.
-The D is horrible against the run, and now Spikes is injured so it won't be getting any better. Dillon, Curtis Martin, R Brown and R Williams are in our division
- Miami and Cincinatti are both better than expected. Carolina's tougher than they looked, we still have to play NE twice- our schedule doesn't get any easier.

I'm not trying to call you out here- I'm just desperately trying to cling to some hope for this season and I'm not finding anything that's all that encouraging.

:feedback:
:bf1: well said, and not in a crybaby way, I eagerly await his response.

Captain gameboy
09-25-2005, 04:32 PM
T doesn't owe you a response.

The wave the white flag last week was too early.

He called you on it, and he was right in doing so.

Ebenezer
09-25-2005, 04:33 PM
OPIv,

I don't disagree but JP Losman had three drives to win the game...he personally blew each one. This is the NFL and he has to do better.

OpIv37
09-25-2005, 04:34 PM
T doesn't owe you a response.

The wave the white flag last week was too early.

I don't think he owes me a response- I seriously want his thoughts on this one because I'm so down on this team at the moment and he seems more immune to the post-loss depression than the rest of us. .

OpIv37
09-25-2005, 04:37 PM
OPIv,

I don't disagree but JP Losman had three drives to win the game...he personally blew each one. This is the NFL and he has to do better.

Losman was awful and I mentioned in my initial post that he looks like he's not ready. But that shouldn't get the D or the O-line off the hook for their insufficient performances. The whole philosophy behind this team was that JP shouldn't have to win games by himself. McGahee did his share and ST did their share, but the D blew it and the O-line blew it.

Historian
09-25-2005, 04:38 PM
OPIv,

What are you doing home so early???

:eb: :tap: :eb:

Ebenezer
09-25-2005, 04:47 PM
What are you doing home so early???

:eb: :tap: :eb:
we didn't...so many people left early that the driving was clear...don't forget I live 8 minutes from the stadium....:D