PDA

View Full Version : JP didn't start on D

DaBills
09-25-2005, 04:33 PM
Ok, I'm switching from the dead-horse threads on JP, because if anyone thinks he's the total reason we lost, guess again. Even if JP threw for 2 TD's and we won, it would still mask the problem: the D.

Except for a pick and some decent ST play, the D gave up a ****load of yards on the ground. Vick is a great player and containing him is hard, granted, but how many missed tackles on 3rd down were there to let him get 27 yards rushing???

I don't know if this is a talent issue or if Jerry needs to REALLY get this D taking more chances. But it's obvious our ranking is overrated. I say Pat Williams departure has been the worst thing to happen to this D, (aside from TKO getting hurt), and the front office refused to address this.

Forget running the ball to get to the playoffs - we kind of do that consistantly now, but until we can stop the run, we aren't going anywhere. We haven't even played the Fins and R. Williams or the Pats and Coery Dillon, let alone C. Williams in Tampa killing us.

We can't even stop that stupid Burger King guy in the commercials.

;-p

BillsFever21
09-25-2005, 04:35 PM
Over 200 yards rushing for two weeks in a row. Pathetic.

Captain gameboy
Defense was pitiful.

Period.

Forward_Lateral
The Defense sucked today. Period. I'm sick of hearing fans and players say that this year's D has a chance to be special, maybe one of the best ever. Bull. Good, no, MEDIOCRE defenses don't even give up 200 yards rushing. It was truly a pathetic performance today.

BillsFever21
09-25-2005, 04:36 PM
How many times did we blitz and not get to Vick but they kept doing it? Almost every time they made a big play out of it.

Ebenezer
09-25-2005, 04:37 PM
Ok, I'm switching from the dead-horse threads on JP, because if anyone thinks he's the total reason we lost, guess again. Even if JP threw for 2 TD's and we won, it would still mask the problem: the D.

Except for a pick and some decent ST play, the D gave up a ****load of yards on the ground. Vick is a great player and containing him is hard, granted, but how many missed tackles on 3rd down were there to let him get 27 yards rushing???

I don't know if this is a talent issue or if Jerry needs to REALLY get this D taking more chances. But it's obvious our ranking is overrated. I say Pat Williams departure has been the worst thing to happen to this D, (aside from TKO getting hurt), and the front office refused to address this.

That excuse didn't work for Bledsoe last year and it won't work for JP now.

OpIv37
09-25-2005, 04:39 PM
How many times did we blitz and not get to Vick but they kept doing it? Almost every time they made a big play out of it.

I think we were getting to Vick a lot of the times but he was just getting away- we couldn't tackle the guy.

Dammit he pisses me off- he messed up my fantasy team last year by getting negative points on multiple occasions, then he comes here and rolls all over us.

Ebenezer
09-25-2005, 04:45 PM
I think we were getting to Vick a lot of the times but he was just getting away- we couldn't tackle the guy.

Dammit he pisses me off- he messed up my fantasy team last year by getting negative points on multiple occasions, then he comes here and rolls all over us.
I still say Vick is not a great "quarterback"...he is a playmaker and pretty damn tough. He took lots of hits out there today.

DaBills
09-25-2005, 04:51 PM
I'm not excusing JP. (And even if I was, that arguement is apples an oranges. You're comparing Drew in his third year as a Bill starter with JP in his 3rd game as a starter?) Anyway, there's enough threads tearing him a new one and it's too easy to pile on right now. I'm saying that the D's problems aren't going away just because we do or don't have a great QB starting for us.

Or do you think everything's fine?

That excuse didn't work for Bledsoe last year and it won't work for JP now.

DaBills
09-25-2005, 04:53 PM
I still say Vick is not a great "quarterback"...he is a playmaker and pretty damn tough. He took lots of hits out there today.
I'd agree with that. Guy's tough to bring down and he's flashy. He makes anyone's D look bad, but Dunn got way too much yardage regardless.

Kerr
09-25-2005, 04:54 PM
I would say Vick is the best athlete in this league, but not the best player in the league, like some people would refer to him.