PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe you people

northernbillfan
09-25-2005, 04:48 PM
Talk about rats jumping a sinking ship.

The talk around here, and everywhere is driving me crazy. Bench JP. Start Holcomb. Blame is at the top. JP's not starter material. Coaching sucks. And so on.

Remember that Donahoe was quoted as saying for fans to "...not get your hopes up. This is a dry run for next season. We don't anticipate great results this season and are looking ahead. The fans should not get too riled up when and if things look bad this season."

Things may look bad now and we fans want immediate results, but we need to look at the positive in every game and not the negative. Great things are on the horizon and we do want them to be here now, unfortunately we have to wait for them.

Just chill.

TacklingDummy
09-25-2005, 04:53 PM
Things may look bad now and we fans want immediate results, but we need to look at the positive in every game and not the negative

Just chill.

And what would those positives be?

Luisito23
09-25-2005, 04:58 PM
And what would those positives be?

Lindell is perfect, and my man W.M. finally had an awesome game and I expect the same from him next week....

GO BILLS!!!!

northernbillfan
09-25-2005, 05:00 PM
What he said. McGahee answered the critism of Mularkey and drove the ball well.

JP only coughed the ball up once, first one this season.

Lindell is better than expected.

Our pass rush was good today, however it was against Vick.

DaBills
09-25-2005, 05:01 PM
Lindell is perfect, Man, I never thought I'd see that this year. I tore that guy a new one last year and it looks like he's totally turned it around.

My bad.

;-p

lunatic_bills_fan
09-25-2005, 05:50 PM
What he said. McGahee answered the critism of Mularkey and drove the ball well.

Lindell is better than expected.

Our pass rush was good today, however it was against Vick.
Thats because you have to be somewhere handy the first 5 rows in the stands, to catch anything that comes outta that kids hands. Nobody is gonna pick those throws. All other points are positives though.

OpIv37
09-25-2005, 05:56 PM
Remember that Donahoe was quoted as saying for fans to "...not get your hopes up. This is a dry run for next season. We don't anticipate great results this season and are looking ahead. The fans should not get too riled up when and if things look bad this season."

I see, next season. You mean when Nate Clements is gone, the rest of our D is another year older, and McGahee is either holding out or taking up 90% of our salary cap cuz of his dirtbag agent? Yeah, can't wait.

OpIv37
09-25-2005, 05:56 PM

twice- the INT and the fumble.

L.A. Playa
09-25-2005, 05:57 PM
I see, next season. You mean when Nate Clements is gone, the rest of our D is another year older, and McGahee is either holding out or taking up 90% of our salary cap cuz of his dirtbag agent? Yeah, can't wait.

you could always root for the Skins LOL JK JK

CanaanVtBillsFan
09-25-2005, 06:07 PM
next season !!!!!!!!!

how many next seasons we going to have

if loseman doesn't produce you know how players are in today's game

they want the ring a contender NOW

just like someone said in this post some of our guys are older and we'll lose people with free agency etc etc

screw the future make steps now
it seems to me that loseman is still to green put in a mentor for hime to watch AND LEARN

suck it up young man its a game

this losing crap is a snowball on a hill

season tickets
fans
media

I got it

how about the days of the "bickering bills"

it will all start soon enough

finger pointing

you name it

WATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uncle Jesse
09-25-2005, 06:10 PM
I can't believe you idiots that accept losing.

honey
09-25-2005, 06:34 PM
Well, if it's all on Losman....I say let's get Montana, Elway or Marino back into the game and on our team.

JC. What do you guys want, anyways? What QB, and who are available, can we get to lead this team? I say give JP a chance beyond 7 games. JMHO.

BillsFanCupp38
09-25-2005, 07:10 PM
I aint gonna lie, jp stinks out there. He doesnt look comfortable and he couldnt make a good throw if he bought one with his paycheck. Hes been off the mark that last two games i mean does he ever get into his rythym. I mean drew would get sacked a lot but at least he could hit receivers who were wide open i mean come on. With the way our running game was there was no reason for us to lose that game. jp just plain didnt have what it took in the end and thats it. Look for holcomb to start soon if jp keeps this up in the next game.

northernbillfan
09-26-2005, 12:07 AM
I can't believe you idiots that accept losing.
I didn't say I accept losing. I want to win every frikkin game. I'm just trying to calm the masses.

Mr. Cynical
09-26-2005, 12:13 AM
I didn't say I accept losing. I want to win every frikkin game. I'm just trying to calm the masses.
I agree...the fire alarm is unwarranted when you look at the big picture.

However, given my other thread where I posted our last playoff win was in '95, it isn't unreasonable to be a bit pissed that this team has languished so long. While I support JP playing this year to take his lumps, at some point TD has to get the boot if we don't make it to the playoffs either this year or next.

We are as bad as the Lions and Cardinals at this point. That's not acceptable.

Tinboy
09-26-2005, 01:24 AM
Right now this is as good as the Bills are, accept that. We will be better and hopefully have a good season but there are several things that needs changing. We also have a very tough schelude with games againts Chargers, Panthers and Bengals, and the division looks very tough this season also. So I go for 5-6 win and will be pleasantly surprised.

Historian
09-26-2005, 04:11 AM
I agree...the fire alarm is unwarranted when you look at the big picture.

However, given my other thread where I posted our last playoff win was in '95, it isn't unreasonable to be a bit pissed that this team has languished so long. While I support JP playing this year to take his lumps, at some point TD has to get the boot if we don't make it to the playoffs either this year or next.

We are as bad as the Lions and Cardinals at this point. That's not acceptable.

That's very well put.

We haven't won a division since 1995. We haven't made the playoffs since 1999.

...And you all couldn't wait to run Wade out of town!

Always be careful what you ask for...you just might get it.

northernbillfan
09-26-2005, 08:38 AM
I still think the team is an 8-8 team maybe even 9-7

finsrclowns
09-26-2005, 08:42 AM

link?

mybills
09-26-2005, 08:54 AM
I still think the team is an 8-8 team maybe even 9-7
:bf1:

DaBills
09-26-2005, 09:21 AM
...And you all couldn't wait to run Wade out of town!

Yep. He had to go.

northernbillfan
09-26-2005, 09:54 AM
link?
Donahoe not making any promises (http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/NFL/2005/09/07/1205792-ap.html)

From Sept 7th:

Tom Donahoe has a new contract, a new quarterback and renewed belief that his Buffalo Bills are headed in the right direction.

What's unchanged is the team president's reluctance to make bold promises - even for someone itching for the Bills to end their five-year playoff drought.

"To say it's 'Playoffs or Bust,' you can't say that because there are too many things that are out of our control," Donahoe said. "People that make predictions, you're crazy. . . . We're going to put everything into this season to make the playoffs. But I'm also not prepared to say that if we don't make the playoffs that it's a bad year."

BAM
09-26-2005, 10:06 AM
Look for holcomb to start soon if jp keeps this up in the next game.
If the same thing happens versus the Saints, I would not be surprised to see him in vs. Miami.

DBrown77
09-26-2005, 11:22 AM
All this talk about yanking JP is rediculous

Yeah his play hasnt been great the past 2 weeks but...

-We scored on our 4 first drives - yeah 3 fg's i know but still
-he didnt have time to throw - no qb would have done good

We have team problems not just JP

When it comes down to it our run defense lost the game for us not Losman
the falcons ran for over 200 yards on us

On a side note why havent we attempted a screen pass all year?

northernbillfan
09-26-2005, 02:35 PM
On a side note why havent we attempted a screen pass all year?
Didn't we see a screen or two yesterday?

finsrclowns
09-26-2005, 02:44 PM

Just chill.

You got that out of this article? :whatthe: That's why I asked for a link. TD didn't promise playoffs but he said NOTHING about not anticiapting great results this season. What he DID say was:

"We didn't look at going to J.P. as a step back. We looked at it as a step forward," Donahoe said. "We felt that we probably went as far as we could go with Drew. And that's not acceptable. . . . We want to go further."

BAM
09-26-2005, 02:51 PM
B- double-O

H- double-O

:wail:

robeezy
09-26-2005, 02:52 PM
What do you mean "you people?"

j/k

Mudflap1
09-26-2005, 02:53 PM
"To say it's 'Playoffs or Bust,' you can't say that because there are too many things that are out of our control," Donahoe said. "People that make predictions, you're crazy. . . . We're going to put everything into this season to make the playoffs. But I'm also not prepared to say that if we don't make the playoffs that it's a bad year."
Yeah! This is not what you quoted Tom Donahoe as saying. Nowhere has he said to throw away this season for next. Winning and losing is an attitude. Teams are too close talent-wise in this league.

I was led to believe by the coach, general manager, media, and everyone else that this guy was going to be the starting quarterback because he was going to take this team farther THIS year than last year. Yes, they all said he might struggle at times, but his mobility, smarts, and moxie would make up for that and he would really be the right guy to handle Mularkey's offense. Nowhere was it said that this year is shot, we're rebuilding, don't expect anything.

Yes, this is only the end of Week Three. Yes, there are 13 games left. But no one should tolerate losing, especially with a team 5+ years into Donahoe's regime with this much talent. Gut-check time needs to start right now, and this next game is a MUST WIN situation. No ifs, ands, or buts. If people continue to not produce, then they need to be held accountable. That goes for the ballboy to the quarterback (waterboy? j/k) to the defense to the coaching staff to the general manager. No excuses. This is why these guys are making the big bucks.

Jon

BAM
09-26-2005, 02:54 PM
What do you mean "you people?"

j/k

hah!

http://keepyouguessing.com/images/106_rw.jpg

northernbillfan
09-26-2005, 02:56 PM
You got that out of this article? :whatthe: That's why I asked for a link. TD didn't promise playoffs but he said NOTHING about not anticiapting great results this season. What he DID say was:

"We didn't look at going to J.P. as a step back. We looked at it as a step forward," Donahoe said. "We felt that we probably went as far as we could go with Drew. And that's not acceptable. . . . We want to go further."
That's the sanitized AP article. the one from Buffalo News was a little more in depth in his quotes. Unfortunately that article is no longer available. I linked to the one that was similar. The only one I could find.

Mudflap1
09-26-2005, 03:01 PM
I say we start the "Matt Leinart" campaign for 1st pick in the draft. Even our miserable coaches couldn't screw that guy up from being All-Pro.............

J/K. I still want to give Losman a shot, but he needs to start playing like he's got SOME sort of clue. Palmer and Manning struggled last year, but not THIS bad! Show us something J.P.! It's gotta start this week...

Jon