PDA

View Full Version : How much of the blame goest to JP?

Ebenezer
09-25-2005, 05:24 PM
Gotta ask. The team looked pretty ragged all around. The officiating didn't really fall our way. The OL was Swiss cheese...but in the end the defense gave JP 3 drives to bring the Bills back. Based on what many posters thought that Bledsoe blew the game Monday night for the Cowboys I got to ask...

How much of the loss against the Falcoms do we blame on JP??

OpIv37
09-25-2005, 05:27 PM
He blew it on the 12 yard sack on the first drive. He blew it with the INT. He blew it with the fumble at the end (he actually had time on that play), he missed some wide open receivers and was generally off the mark al day.

But he didn't give up 200 yards rushing- that was the D's fault. If they could have held Atlanta in check, the 16 points might have been enough. I'd say 45% Defense, 45% JP and 10% **** officiating.

AndreReed83
09-25-2005, 05:28 PM
For this game: everyone needs to share it equally except for Lindell. I know Losman blew it at the end, but if the defense doesn't play like a bunch of idiots at the beginning of the game, maybe Losman isn't having to play comeback at the end of the game. Pretty bad performance all around.

Philagape
09-25-2005, 05:35 PM
If I had to rank the Bills' problems against Atlanta, I'd have to make JP No. 1.

But there are many others, and I now officially consider this a rebuilding year. No matter how good or bad our QB might be, we don't have a playoff O-line and we don't have a playoff defense, especially if Spikes is gone. So we might as well leave JP in so he'll have a season under his belt next year.

hammerbillsfan
09-25-2005, 05:39 PM
But he didn't give up 200 yards rushing- that was the D's fault. If they could have held Atlanta in check, the 16 points might have been enough. I'd say 45% Defense, 45% JP and 10% **** officiating.
As soon as Takeo went out, they just busted our ass up the middle, Duckett was tough.

Ebenezer
09-25-2005, 06:16 PM
As soon as Takeo went out, they just busted our ass up the middle, Duckett was tough.
Actually, at the game it appeared they ran right over Posey and Kelsay.

DaBills
09-25-2005, 06:36 PM
I have to disagree just barely that JP was our main problem against Atlanta. The D was, but imo they're both right there at the top.

I have to say on O the blame has to fall with JP. Yeah the line was bad and deserves blame, but on those deep routes where he had time but blew the throw, that's not their fault. They also were pretty good in run blocking allowing WM to get a 140. JP's the leader so he has to step up and shoulder the responsibility.

The D gave the O chances at the end yes, but conversely, if they had held Atlanta to fewer points, they might not have needed to.

Romes
09-25-2005, 06:41 PM
I say its about 50% JP's fault and 50% the running D's fault. If one of those had an average game we would probably have won.

Novacane
09-25-2005, 07:18 PM
you've stated 3 JP bashing threads already Eb. You are obsessed with hate :rolleyes:

Ebenezer
09-25-2005, 07:25 PM
you've stated 3 JP bashing threads already Eb. You are obsessed with hate :rolleyes:
please be fair...

1 JP hate thread
1 Chris Meyers opinion thread
1 Pro DB thread

:D

Mr. Cynical
09-25-2005, 09:26 PM
This isn't tennis.

It is a team game.

JP doesn't play defense.

JP doesn't catch the passes.

JP doesn't block.

Rinse, repeat.

Ebenezer
09-25-2005, 09:38 PM
Mr. Cynical 9/25/05:

This isn't tennis.

It is a team game.

JP doesn't play defense.

JP doesn't block.

Rinse, repeat.

Eb round about December last year:

It is a team game.

DB doesn't play defense.

DB doesn't catch the passes.

DB doesn't block.

Rinse, repeat.

Are we on the same page now?

Iehoshua
09-25-2005, 09:45 PM
1 Pro DB thread

This alone warrants a 7-day ban...
:mad:

:jk:

Mitchy moo
09-25-2005, 09:47 PM
This isn't tennis.

It is a team game.

JP doesn't play defense.

JP doesn't block.

Rinse, repeat.
Actually I disagree,

'JP doesn't play defense' - JP by not getting more than 75 yards passing played for Atlanta's defense today.

The same for the rest of them, Whatever he is lacking the other team is gaining.

PromoTheRobot
09-25-2005, 09:48 PM
He blew it on the 12 yard sack on the first drive.
Are you talking about the sack where they ran the stop watch and the Falcons rush was on JP in like 1.8 seconds? And he kept trying to get away as more famcons were pouncing on him and our the O-line stood around like "duhhhh"? Kind of harsh to say JP "blew it." What about the O-line?

PTR

OpIv37
09-25-2005, 09:54 PM
Are you talking about the sack where they ran the stop watch and the Falcons rush was on JP in like 1.8 seconds? And he kept trying to get away as more famcons were pouncing on him and our the O-line stood around like "duhhhh"? Kind of harsh to say JP "blew it." What about the O-line?

PTR

no, I'm talking about the one on the first drive of the game, after JP's big run where he "fumbled" and Mularkey's challenge. On the first play after Buffalo got the ball back, JP lost 12 yards on a sack because he kept running backwards- he could have thrown it once he was out of the pocket (maybe) or at the very least ran forward and only lost 4-6 yards. It killed the drive and we ended up with a FG instead of a touchdown.

On the one you're talking about, I agree, the O line never gave him a chance and it was 3rd down late in the game so he was desperately trying to make something happen. At that point it wasn't his fault- on the first drive of the game with the score 0-0, there's no reason to play like that.

Ebenezer
09-25-2005, 09:57 PM
no, I'm talking about the one on the first drive of the game, after JP's big run where he "fumbled" and Mularkey's challenge. On the first play after Buffalo got the ball back, JP lost 12 yards on a sack because he kept running backwards- he could have thrown it once he was out of the pocket (maybe) or at the very least ran forward and only lost 4-6 yards. It killed the drive and we ended up with a FG instead of a touchdown.

On the one you're talking about, I agree, the O line never gave him a chance and it was 3rd down late in the game so he was desperately trying to make something happen. At that point it wasn't his fault- on the first drive of the game with the score 0-0, there's no reason to play like that.
correct.

Drive 4 Five
09-25-2005, 10:07 PM
How about the coaches? The way I see it, they have to share a good deal of the blame as well. It pisses me off to think that Mularkey calls McGahee out all week long and then when we're in the redzone, they put the ball in the hands of Losman instead of running the damn ball. How about that dumb ass bootleg play on 1st down where Losman runs to the right and gets sacked for a twelve yard loss? We saw the exact same play happen in the preseason and it netted the same result.

Oh and yes, the pass blocking has been atrocious to say the least.

Drive 4 Five
09-25-2005, 10:09 PM
I think i am recalling the same exact play that OpIv referred to.

OpIv37
09-25-2005, 10:11 PM
How about the coaches? The way I see it, they have to share a good deal of the blame as well. It pisses me off to think that Mularkey calls McGahee out all week long and then when we're in the redzone, they put the ball in the hands of Losman instead of running the damn ball. How about that dumb ass bootleg play on 1st down where Losman runs to the right and gets sacked for a twelve yard loss? We saw the exact same play happen in the preseason and it netted the same result.

Oh and yes, the pass blocking has been atrocious to say the least.

that's the same play I was talking about, and you bring up a good point- why let Willis pound it for the first 80 yards then suddenly make JP play with a short field? Evans' blazing speed doesn't do much when it's only 30 yards or less to the end line.

paladin warrior
09-25-2005, 10:22 PM
1 million times. That how much of the blame goest to JP!! He threw 51 yrds & WR is wide open. :hang:

Mr. Cynical
09-25-2005, 11:23 PM
Mr. Cynical 9/25/05:

It is a team game.

DB doesn't play defense.

DB doesn't block.

Rinse, repeat.

It's called sarcasm.

In addition, if you said that in December, then you have just made all your posts about JP invalid and hypocritical. Nice work. :up:

Ebenezer
09-26-2005, 02:07 PM
It's called sarcasm.

In addition, if you said that in December, then you have just made all your posts about JP invalid and hypocritical. Nice work. :up:
:shakeno:

You can use that run around argument...the Amigos complained about DB...I made those "sarcastic" arguments about DB and you said it didn't matter...you're the one proving your own point.

Iehoshua
09-26-2005, 02:11 PM
How many times does it need to be repeated? Mr. C said it nearly 90 posts now.

The :mex: were on DB's case since he was an experienced QB who's had an overblown rep and would never lead us to the promised land. JP's not had a shot to prove it one way or the other. Unless someone's called Ms Cleo there is no way you can call it. Drew Brees took a few years before having a breakout season. Sorry, comparing this situation to DB's just shows pure bitterness and a longing to throw it into someone else's face. Grow up.

The_Philster
09-26-2005, 04:43 PM
How many times does it need to be repeated? Mr. C said it nearly 90 posts now.The :mex: were on DB's case since he was an experienced QB who's had an overblown rep and would never lead us to the promised land.
JP's not had a shot to prove it one way or the other. Unless someone's called Ms Cleo there is no way you can call it..Talk about double standards :shakeno:

BAM
09-26-2005, 04:47 PM
Mr. Cynical 9/25/05:

It is a team game.

DB doesn't play defense.

DB doesn't block.

Rinse, repeat.

:rofl: I think it's hilarious to see the tables turn like this. Great entertainment.

Meathead
09-26-2005, 05:12 PM
I don't know how anybody who watched that game couldn't say JP was the biggest problem on the team.

The only good thing I can say is that through 3 games he's had only 1 int and 1 fumble. That's pretty amazing considering how crappy he's played the last two games. He can't hit open guys but at least he isn't turning the ball over. Whoopie.

Iehoshua
09-26-2005, 05:12 PM
Talk about double standards :shakeno:
Bledsoe = 3 seasons

JP = 3 games

What are you talking about double standards? Elaborate.

slakjaw157
09-26-2005, 05:43 PM
You have to admit at least it is more exciting watching JP run around fumbling then watching Bledsoe grow roots and fumble!

colin
09-26-2005, 05:45 PM
the issue is simple, all our crappy play on both sides of the ball we were in this game and could have well one it.

it would have taken about 175 yards passing, with the same number of turnovers and sacks, and the exact same running (although more effective passing would have led to a better running game, a fresher D etc.) to own this game in the 4th quarter.

175 yards passing on 23 attempts is just under 8 an attempt, and 175 yards a game averages out to 2800 yards passing a season, which is about 600 yards from average.

that is a far from good performance, it is a just competent performance. that is the kind of performance Todd Collins put up regularly with much less talent on O. we can't get pat williams or Takeo back this season, but we can put in a qb who can pass as well as todd f@cking collins, and it ain't JP 75 yards losman

i didn't expect JP to be good or even average, i expect him to pass just adequately and make plays with his legs. he made one play with his legs, and zero plays passing yesterday (he average barely over 3 yards an attempt, that is god awful) against a hurt secondary at home.

so while many parts of our team were poor yesterday, kordel stewart on one leg would have put up better numbers passing and it would have won us the game.

JP is NOT ready, he is not getting better. he only looks good on the first couple drives at home because we run like a stampede and put in new wrinkles that we prepare all week for. as soon as the d makes a small adjustment JP is useless.

is there a single QB in the NFL who has contributed less to his team in the second half of games than JP? he is in over his head.

our D has to play better, and it has played better and we do have enough play makers to at least be decent on D. our special teams are good (better average starting position, forced the turnover, perfect in FGs), our run game is strong, but we are the worst passing team in the NFL right now, beside the lions.

BAM
09-26-2005, 05:47 PM
I'd say each player on the team is approximately 1.8867924528301886792452830188679% responsible for the loss.

Actually, Lindell gets the immunity ball this week, so everyone except him was 1.9230769230769230769230869230769% responsible for the loss versus Atlanta.

zone
09-26-2005, 05:49 PM
I'd say each player on the team is approximately 1.8867924528301886792452830188679% responsible for the loss.

Actually, Lindell gets the immunity ball this week, so everyone except him was 1.9230769230769230769230869230769% responsible for the loss versus Atlanta.
Nice post. This is a team game, you win as a team and lose as a team. Everyone including the coaches is responsible.

Mr. Cynical
09-26-2005, 05:50 PM
How many times does it need to be repeated? Mr. C said it nearly 90 posts now.

The :mex: were on DB's case since he was an experienced QB who's had an overblown rep and would never lead us to the promised land. JP's not had a shot to prove it one way or the other. Unless someone's called Ms Cleo there is no way you can call it. Drew Brees took a few years before having a breakout season. Sorry, comparing this situation to DB's just shows pure bitterness and a longing to throw it into someone else's face. Grow up.

Bledsoe = 3 seasons

JP = 3 games

Why is this so hard for some people to understand? :huh:

colin
09-26-2005, 05:51 PM
Bledsoe = 3 seasons

JP = 3 games

unlike tenis the sport so many here like, you can bench a player in football and that does not mean he is gone from the team or that you have given up on him.

bench = still with team

cut = gone

drew = 3 years and cut

jp = 3 bad games and benched cuz he is not ready

but, jp still = on team

so is anyone saying to cut JP? no

benching him means he is still on the team!

wow, what a lesson, next lesson is how to breath with a closed mouth!

Meathead
09-26-2005, 06:10 PM
I think you are 1.902101313911FH4512112% correct.

Philagape
09-26-2005, 06:17 PM
So Shane Matthews was just as responsible as JP .......... cool.

The_Philster
09-26-2005, 07:05 PM
Bledsoe = 3 seasonsJP = 3 gamesWhat are you talking about double standards? Elaborate.Going by your way of thinking, because a guy lost 3 SBs early in his career, he'll never win one...is that what I'm understanding, Darth Cleo?