PDA

View Full Version : I must say...

WG
08-07-2002, 06:28 PM
...from what I've seen, Bledsoe has been excellent. If he keeps this up, I'm gonna be a happy man...

;)

The Natrix
08-07-2002, 06:32 PM
yeah, it is to bad we did not get Jeff Blake.

clumping platelets
08-07-2002, 06:35 PM
wys likes Bledsoe????????

shelby
08-07-2002, 06:58 PM
miracles never cease!!

i should send wys the link for the very posititive article about RJ in the Tampa Tribune last Friday...;)

LouGrant
08-07-2002, 06:59 PM
Oh sure, wait until you start a new board, with only 250 people signed up, and then confess your true feelings.....:D

BillC
08-07-2002, 07:03 PM
Changing your official position?

Do you know what that makes you, son?

BillC
08-07-2002, 07:03 PM
A WAFFLER.....

Phins054
08-07-2002, 07:46 PM
No more sitting on the fence post i see...

lordofgun
08-07-2002, 07:55 PM
I give him credit...he admits he was wrong. :)

don137
08-07-2002, 08:05 PM
I need to quit drinking. I thought I just read Wys likes Bledsoe.

WG
08-07-2002, 10:51 PM
Alright!!! I guess I need to tighten y'all up a bit...

I SAID, IF he continues to play this way, then I'll be a happy man. It's only T.C. He still needs to shed the errors of his errors... :D

I'll admit that I was wrong when he puts up 28 TDs to 18 or fewer INTs. For now, I'm simply saying that if he plays like this in games, it'll be good.

I'm pullin' for him! I'd like to see him light things up and have his best season ever. However, I also still think that if RJ gets the nod, he'll have a better year than Drew.

How's that...?

:D

WG
08-07-2002, 10:52 PM
Ie., he ain't in the probowl by election yet...

clumping platelets
08-07-2002, 10:54 PM
it's only a matter of time

WG
08-07-2002, 10:56 PM
You think, eh?

It's only happened once in his career so far...

The Seahag
08-07-2002, 11:07 PM
Y'all can make fun of that Wysguy all you want, but he wasn't alone in his feelings regarding Bledsoe. Drew was arguably the worst veteran starter in the NFL the last few years. The guy was constantly making horrid, horrid decisions with the ball, costings his team points, field position and even single-handedly gagging up a few games.
I was annoyed when Donahoe coughed up a first rounder for a guy who'd been flat-out awful for 3+years, especially when you consider that TomD has not shown in the past that he's a great judge of QB talent. He really rolled the dice on this one, especialy considering that for about the last decade the Bills OLine has been as overwhelming as a mousefart in a windstorm.
As for the Drewster looking good so far, of course he has. He's yet to face any live fire whatsoever. I've got my fingers crossed and am hoping for the best but until he plays well and shows he can make good decisions under real duress then everything we see in July and August doesn't mean nuthin'.
If Bledsoe lights up a decimated Jet defense in Week1, then maybe I'll exhale and start to wonder if maybe Donahoe actually pulled yet another quick one on some sucker. Until then Drew is nothing more than a big boy with a huge toolbox that's loaded down with *****ty instincts and hasn't got the job done in 4-5 years.

WG
08-07-2002, 11:36 PM
Seahag!

I was LMAO at that user ID!!!

Nice post BTW. Very accurate. Like I always say, show me a player, on any team, who isn't playing well in T.C./P.S., and I'll show you a player who's getting cut.

All players perform well in T.C. If they don't, you generally don't read a whole lot about it.

Do to a lack of other options, I'm really keepin' my fingers crossed that Drew changes his ways. If he can simply rid himself of his poor decision making at key times, we'll be fine.

He's a great guy! I hope he turns his career around. Like I said in another thread however, if he doesn't do it this year, his tenure as a "has-been" QB begins. He'll play for several different teams over the last 7 or 8 years of his career and never be more than average.

On the flip-side, if he has a great season, that must mean he's solved his issues and has turned a corner. Then I expect the best years of his career yet-to-come!

Novacane
08-07-2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Alright!!! I also still think that if RJ gets the nod, he'll have a better year than Drew.

How's that...?

:D

Wys.............you were making so much sense and then you had to go and say that! :bduff:

The Seahag
08-07-2002, 11:53 PM
Hey wys, I'm right with ya' boss.
Drew's penchant for having huge brainfarts at key moments is the only thing holding this guy back from being a truly elite NFL QB. He's got as much talent as anybody in the league but if he doesn't get his head screwed on straight it won't matter a bit because a QB's decision-making is his most important quality, imo. If I was allowed in church I'd be praying every Sunday morn that we see the return of the dynamite ballplayer who lit the league up his first couple years while dragging an average Patriot team into the postseason by sheer force of will.
What spooks me though is the timing of Drew's demise. I'm bothered by the fact that Drew's game seemed to fall apart shortly after Parcells left NE to shop for his own groceries. This is a HOF coach who turned guys like Ray Lucas and JeffH into real weapons and I worry that Drew's early greatness was nothing more than the result of playing for the Tuna.
On the other hand, a lot of people seem to think that GregW reminds them of a young Parcells (although I think it's just the boobs) so maybe Coach Greg can revive something in Drew that was lost several years ago. Here's hopin'.......

P.S. I'm not really a librarian;-)

lordofgun
08-07-2002, 11:56 PM
I'm thinkin' Gilbride and Drew's new offensive weapons will be what revives Drew. :D

The Seahag
08-08-2002, 12:05 AM
I think Gilbride was the Bills best offseason acquistion. Not only will he bring instant respectability to this offense but his experience should allow GregW to leave the O in Gilbride's hands so he can actually manage the game in addition to helping out the defensive side of the ball with which he is much more familiar.
That in itself could be the biggest reason for the Bills' improvement this year.

Earthquake Enyart
08-08-2002, 01:40 PM
I hope you are right, but I never liked Gilbride. Anybody who could blow a 35-3 lead.....

Rude American
08-08-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
...from what I've seen, Bledsoe has been excellent. If he keeps this up, I'm gonna be a happy man...

;) And this coming from the guy who was almost ready to relinquish his seasons tix. :eek:

LouGrant
08-08-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
I hope you are right, but I never liked Gilbride. Anybody who could blow a 35-3 lead..... If you want to point fingers on that squad for blowing a 35-3 lead, tiy would have to look harder at Greg Williams, a defensive assistant on theat team and head coach Jack Pardee than Gilbride.

After his squad didn't PUNT or turn over the ball, (they scored TDs on all 4 possessions in the first half) the Oilers Defense and Special teams are the ones who blew it. The Oilers didn't touch the ball for almost an hour real time from the end of the half until they stepped on the field at 35-17. Being a bit rusty and having a much inspired defense to go against, they went 3 and out.

Another punt, and then another Reich TD pass. At 35-24, one of the first mistakes by the Oiler offense all day, a turnover. Toss on another Buffalo TD.

In the 4th quarter, the Oiler offense got back into the buisness of moving the ball. They got into FG range only to let the special teams let them down again, resulting in Del Grecko's blocked kick.
After Buffalo stormed intot the lead, Gilbride's Olers still almost pulled it out. They got to the 15 before tieing the game as the clock expired.

Some Oiler fans will argue the interception in OT was a result of pass interference on Talley ( i think, going from an old memory) resulting in the winning INT and subsequent FG.

Gillbride bringing in a pass happy run and shoot team, on the road, in some bad elements, and in the home of the 2 time defending AFC champs, and lighting up the scoreboard as they did is a testament of his good game plan.

If the Run and shoot only had some TE's and an offense designed to kill some clock.

justasportsfan
08-08-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
I give him credit...he admits he was wrong. :)

Did wys just admit that Rob sucks? :D

mybills
08-09-2002, 03:42 PM
Who IS this Seahag?!!! Great posts!!
I don't think Drew has trouble making decisions. He's too narrow mindedly focused on ONE receiver all the time...there's nothing to decide other than (when to throw) the ball! Broadening his mind/vision is what he's got to work on! The rest should follow!

I'm waiting for someone to tell me he's doing this now, since I haven't seen him work out with the Bills yet. Wys, can you answer that for me?

mybills
08-09-2002, 03:43 PM
BTW, did he learn how to run yet? :D