PDA

View Full Version : After three freaking games....

honey
09-25-2005, 07:34 PM
How in the HELL can you blame Losman after only three games with him as the starter?

Give me the reasons...and I might change my mind:

1, 2, 3.....GO!!!

Typ0
09-25-2005, 07:48 PM
I have just gotten here and i don't plan on reading all the doom and gloom stuff...but I'll put my two cents in here on this thread. JP was absolutely horrible last week. He looked like a bad high school QB I don't know if I've ever seen a worse passing performance. Today he kept up the same trend. Yeah, today he didn't have any time at all on a lot of plays...but there were other times that he missed wide open receivers by ten yards twice it was for TDs. He's got to get his passing turned around or we simply are not going to win another game this season. Just like last week....today the Falcons worked hard to give us the game and we could not capitalize on anything. That is where I blame JP. I don't mind growing pains and having some bad series...but I do expect if he's going to be a QB in the NFL he's got to do something when the game is on the line and he's getting opportunity after opportunity to win the game. I mean if he was only 50% average and 50% sucked both weeks we are sitting at 3-0 right now if you ask me. Today you can't attribute 100 yards to the QB position on the bills and he dropped a critical fumble and threw an interception. This is not "rookie" growing pains but just downright sucking if you ask me. It's time he got his head out of his ass if he's going to keep playing. This team is too good to tank because the QB can't play football.

Kerr
09-25-2005, 07:50 PM
Umm, no.

Ebenezer
09-25-2005, 07:52 PM
I have just gotten here and i don't plan on reading all the doom and gloom stuff...but I'll put my two cents in here on this thread. JP was absolutely horrible last week. He looked like a bad high school QB I don't know if I've ever seen a worse passing performance. Today he kept up the same trend. Yeah, today he didn't have any time at all on a lot of plays...but there were other times that he missed wide open receivers by ten yards twice it was for TDs.

People can knock Bledsoe all they want but he had touch on long passes. Look at the balls he was throwing to Evans last year. JP threw passes that were nowhere near the receivers on 4 long passes. On another one he didn't even pass it to Sam Aiken who was so alone he was knitting a sweater.

Ebenezer
09-25-2005, 07:55 PM
How in the HELL can you blame Losman after only three games with him as the starter?

Give me the reasons...and I might change my mind:

1, 2, 3.....GO!!!
Honey,

for better or worse the Bills were 9-7 and extremely close to the playoffs...the defense was ranked 2nd in the league...the team has not made the playoffs since 2000...people in this town want positive outcome...they want playoffs now...JP is going to catch the brunt because it all starts at the QB. Just like others wanted to blame DB last year. Is it all JPs fault? No. Would we be better with DB? Maybe. Would we have a more realistic chance of making the playoffs with DB at QB? Probably. Are we going anywhere if the defense keeps this up? No. However, the QB is the glamor position. Many people thought the QB position was the weak link last year. That's just not true.

honey
09-25-2005, 08:00 PM
Honey,

for better or worse the Bills were 9-7 and extremely close to the playoffs...the defense was ranked 2nd in the league...the team has not made the playoffs since 2000...people in this town want positive outcome...they want playoffs now...JP is going to catch the brunt because it all starts at the QB. Just like others wanted to blame DB last year. Is it all JPs fault? No. Would we be better with DB? Maybe. Would we have a more realistic chance of making the playoffs with DB at QB? Probably. Are we going anywhere if the defense keeps this up? No. However, the QB is the glamor position. Many people thought the QB position was the weak link last year. That's just not true.
Hey, Eb. I always liked Drew, still do as a matter of fact. I don't think the Bills' failure last year or the year before was soley due to him.

I'm just saying.....don't blame the rookie qb after three freaking games. Let's wait the season out a little bit, then make judgments. :smile:

Ebenezer
09-25-2005, 08:12 PM
Hey, Eb. I always liked Drew, still do as a matter of fact. I don't think the Bills' failure last year or the year before was soley due to him.

I'm just saying.....don't blame the rookie qb after three freaking games. Let's wait the season out a little bit, then make judgments. :smile:
I don't disagree...it's a total team loss...I'm just keeping the Amigos going until they understand that...they were all over DB last year and laid the blame on him for not "winning games"...they don't see the similar situation with JP...already, from them, we have heard, schedule, offensive line, JP not playing defense...etc. etc...those were the same things that many of us were saying about DB last year...when they want to agree that DB was not the reason we missed the playoffs last year but that there were dozens of reasons then I will back off of JP...goose/gander

X-Era
09-25-2005, 08:16 PM
I have just gotten here and i don't plan on reading all the doom and gloom stuff...but I'll put my two cents in here on this thread. JP was absolutely horrible last week. He looked like a bad high school QB I don't know if I've ever seen a worse passing performance. Today he kept up the same trend. Yeah, today he didn't have any time at all on a lot of plays...but there were other times that he missed wide open receivers by ten yards twice it was for TDs. He's got to get his passing turned around or we simply are not going to win another game this season. Just like last week....today the Falcons worked hard to give us the game and we could not capitalize on anything. That is where I blame JP. I don't mind growing pains and having some bad series...but I do expect if he's going to be a QB in the NFL he's got to do something when the game is on the line and he's getting opportunity after opportunity to win the game. I mean if he was only 50% average and 50% sucked both weeks we are sitting at 3-0 right now if you ask me. Today you can't attribute 100 yards to the QB position on the bills and he dropped a critical fumble and threw an interception. This is not "rookie" growing pains but just downright sucking if you ask me. It's time he got his head out of his ass if he's going to keep playing. This team is too good to tank because the QB can't play football.
Ohh, I see your point, you just want him to carry the team to wins? like a great QB would do? He isnt that yet. He is a young QB nothing more, nothing less. The rest of the team will have to be good enough to win and they arent.

The funny part is, when it was phrased "JP just needs to be average and our D, ST, and McGahee will carry us into the playoffs", everyone nodded yeah yeah thats all we need! Now that we are losing, all that other stuff doesnt matter its all JP's fault. INTERESTING!

SeatownBillsFan21
09-25-2005, 08:41 PM
JP lost this game today hands down hes not a accurate passer we'd been better off with Drew.

Typ0
09-25-2005, 08:47 PM
Ohh, I see your point, you just want him to carry the team to wins? like a great QB would do? He isnt that yet. He is a young QB nothing more, nothing less. The rest of the team will have to be good enough to win and they arent.

The funny part is, when it was phrased "JP just needs to be average and our D, ST, and McGahee will carry us into the playoffs", everyone nodded yeah yeah thats all we need! Now that we are losing, all that other stuff doesnt matter its all JP's fault. INTERESTING!

like I said if he was 50% average and 50% sucked the last two weeks we win. Does that sound like I expect him to be Montana? No it doesn't. But he was 100% sucked two weeks in a row and young or not that is not good enough.

Typ0
09-25-2005, 08:50 PM
I don't see why this has to become a drew bledsoe arguement. We knew what we had with Drew....and we knew he could take us to a decent season but the better teams would get in his face and we wouldn't win those games. If you know your going no where there is absolutely no risk in making a change...as a matter of fact if there is only a 5% chance JP can take us to the promised land that's 5% better than we had with Drew Bledsoe.

By the way...congrats to drew for bringing his team back to beat one of the worst teams in the league today.

Typ0
09-25-2005, 08:52 PM
JP lost this game today hands down hes not a accurate passer we'd been better off with Drew.

today you're right. Drew would probably have picked apart Atlantas third string secondary...but in the long run we won't be playing enough third string secondaries to expect Drew could take us anywhere except into disappointment.

mybills
09-25-2005, 09:06 PM
DREW SUCKS. :evil: