PDA

View Full Version : Spy?

The_Philster
09-25-2005, 07:42 PM
Who was supposed to be the spy on Vick? Obviously with the number of mobile QBs in the NF, using a spy isn't always necessary...but when you have a QB whose strength is his legs over his arm, you have one LB stick with him constantly...they did it with Flutie and they neutralized him.. Vick is the first QB in the NFL currently starting I'd use that on...:wtf:

Novacane
09-25-2005, 08:01 PM
They prolly fell for all the hype that Vick was not 100% and thought he would not be able to run that well.

Ebenezer
09-25-2005, 08:08 PM
On many plays it looked like Troy Vincent was the one spying...and if that was his assigment he looked pretty bad doing it...he had some terrible missed tackles.

The_Philster
09-25-2005, 08:11 PM
On many plays it looked like Troy Vincent was the one spying...and if that was his assigment he looked pretty bad doing it...he had some terrible missed tackles.I know in the post game he was pretty unhappy that he made so many tackles...the FS is the last line of defense..I want him having to make the fewest number of tackles...and have most of the ones he makes on safety blitzes and such

Michael82
09-28-2005, 11:00 AM
Takeo Spikes was the spy. They were talking about this on the postgame show. He was the spy on Michael Vick and did a decent job until he got hurt. That's also why he was so quiet. Angelo Crowell took over for him when he went down and also took over the spy duties.