PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from the game

X-Era
09-25-2005, 07:55 PM
I went to the game very excited to see all the stuff you dont see on TV.

I was not dissappointed.

You all want to blame JP, I absolutely refuse to SOLELY blame him. Is he struggling? I would say yes but I expect him to look exactly like he looks, like a young QB. He missed throws, he looked confused, he overthrew, and he underthrew. He also played fairly mistake free and continues to do so. The lost fumble at the end was flat out the DE blowing by Jerman and hitting his arm ffrom the blindside. If you want to blame JP for that, go for it but its just plain ridiculous. JP almost was picked on 1 play but wasnt, and was picked on the other. He threw the ball right at Evans (I believe) but threw it to tight and the underneath LB jumped it. More on this in a minute.

JP is guilty right now of the following: missing throws, looking confused, staying stuck on his primary receiver. If you add all that up it equal a young QB. I expected him to look like a young QB and here he is. We hoped for last years Pitt and we aint gonna get it. Which means, and this is critical, you cannot expect a young QB to carry the team and win the games for you. WONT WORK. You cannot even expect him to play effecient, WONT DO IT. You also should not expect him to play mistake free, yet for the most part he has minimized mistakes, he has made them, but he has minimized them. Am I saying he is god? NO, am I saying he is struggling? yes, but it is exactly what we should be expecting. Guess what the BIGGEST problem is? THE BILLS AINT DOING JACK TO HELP THE SITUATION!!!! The team is far from a playoff team if you set the QB aside. let me elaborate:

1) This may be the biggest thing that people who havent seen the games dont know; These pass plays they are calling are WAY to slow developing. I watched JP drop back and sit there waiting for the WR to make their cuts or turn around. So your asking a QB with 3 starts to have the poise and patience to evade the relentless pass rush given up by our average o-line until the WR turns around 10 or 15 yards down the field? That makes no sense at all. The scheme was very obviously not helping JP at all. Quick slants, TE rollouts, Screens.

2) Moulds is a possession WR at this point and NOT a very good one at all. Moulds aint beating ANYBODY with his deep speed anymore. Thats fine, but if you aint got speed, at least get open. He didnt do that either. And to top it off, he cant make the tough grabs anymore like he used to.

3) I have watched an waited for McGahee to become an elite back, ya know what, Im still waiting. Your saying, how can he be questioning a guy who ran for 140 yards? Well, I have watched McGahee for long enough and can say with lots of data now that he is not very good at breaking tackles. On one play, he was headed for a TD and gets tackled at the feet in the open field by a CB. Now Im sorry, thats NOT what you expect from an elite RB. Run him out of bounds? fine Slow him down? fine but tackle him by the feet? one guy? Furthermore, he has another sure fire TD with a great downfield block by a WR and slips and falls in the open field? I have watched this guy go down on the first hit WAY too much. He needs to step it up and become the elite RB.

4) Any Defense that plays 2 downs is NOT a playoff D!!! They ate us alive today on 3rd downs. They way over pursued Vick and then left #12 Jenkins, and TE's completely wide open for TD's. Slot WR's? TE's? what a concept, hope Mularkey and Clements were watching. We play like this and we wont beat anyone.

Overall, I was disgusted not with the game, it was a great battle and lots of fun to be there, not with JP although I feel we have a long haul still with him, but with the fans and the media.

How in the hell does anyone who watched: the WR's not get open at all all day, the D not stop anyone on 3rd down and give up 3 TD's, the Coaches have the O come out throwing YET AGAIN when they know they have a raw young QB starting, the coaches run these stupid slow developing pass plays, and o-line let these guys get in JP's face all day...state that its all JP's fault?

When in the hell will you people get it? When will you realize that this guy is young and raw, he wont carry the team to wins yet, he cant be used as an offensive weapon yet, you should plan on him lighting up the league yet, you shouldnt plan on him having Tom Bradys poise yet, you shouldnt plan on him having Peytons touch yet? When will you get it? What did you expect from a QB with 3 starts under his belt?

This is REAL simple. With an avergae QB at the helm, be it Losman, Holcomb or other, this team is STILL not good enough to be in the playoffs!!! Its true. For all the reason I stated.

Now, the really hard part for you all to get, is that the decision makers, the Bills front office and coaches KNOW THIS and they are starting JP anyways. WHY? Because they NO that putting Holcomb in the game would NOT have made any damn difference and furthermore would HURT the team overall. We KNOW what we have in Holcomb; a career backup!!! He IS NOT going to carry this team, he wont do it. And if the team DOES play like a playoff team despite the QB, Losman will take them to the playoffs just as easy as Holcomb. They FULLY expect Losman to play exactly like he looked today and they will ride him the WHOLE year, if you want to bench him after 3 games, you might as well trade or cut him because you will only HURT his long term future with us, and IMO will NOT win anymore games!

I guess you guys must have been sleepwalking in the offseason when we proclaimed JP the starter, that was the time for revolt, JP is playing like a young QB nothing more, nothing less. And I dopnt fault him at all for it. I blame the rest of the team for playing as poorly as they are and the coaches not scheming to help a young QB out.

JBrownFinFan
09-25-2005, 07:59 PM

I was not dissappointed.

You all want to blame JP, I absolutely refuse to SOLELY blame him. Is he struggling? I would say yes but I expect him to look exactly like he looks, like a young QB. He missed throws, he looked confused, he overthrew, and he underthrew. He also played fairly mistake free and continues to do so. The lost fumble at the end was flat out the DE blowing by Jerman and hitting his arm ffrom the blindside. If you want to blame JP for that, go for it but its just plain ridiculous. JP almost was picked on 1 play but wasnt, and was picked on the other. He threw the ball right at Evans (I believe) but threw it to tight and the underneath LB jumped it. More on this in a minute.

JP is guilty right now of the following: missing throws, looking confused, staying stuck on his primary receiver. If you add all that up it equal a young QB. I expected him to look like a young QB and here he is. We hoped for last years Pitt and we aint gonna get it. Which means, and this is critical, you cannot expect a young QB to carry the team and win the games for you. WONT WORK. You cannot even expect him to play effecient, WONT DO IT. You also should not expect him to play mistake free, yet for the most part he has minimized mistakes, he has made them, but he has minimized them. Am I saying he is god? NO, am I saying he is struggling? yes, but it is exactly what we should be expecting. Guess what the BIGGEST problem is? THE BILLS AINT DOING JACK TO HELP THE SITUATION!!!! The team is far from a playoff team if you set the QB aside. let me elaborate:

1) This may be the biggest thing that people who havent seen the games dont know; These pass plays they are calling are WAY to slow developing. I watched JP drop back and sit there waiting for the WR to make their cuts or turn around. So your asking a QB with 3 starts to have the poise and patience to evade the relentless pass rush given up by our average o-line until the WR turns around 10 or 15 yards down the field? That makes no sense at all. The scheme was very obviously not helping JP at all. Quick slants, TE rollouts, Screens.

2) Moulds is a possession WR at this point and NOT a very good one at all. Moulds aint beating ANYBODY with his deep speed anymore. Thats fine, but if you aint got speed, at least get open. He didnt do that either. And to top it off, he cant make the tough grabs anymore like he used to.

3) I have watched an waited for McGahee to become an elite back, ya know what, Im still waiting. Your saying, how can he be questioning a guy who ran for 140 yards? Well, I have watched McGahee for long enough and can say with lots of data now that he is not very good at breaking tackles. On one play, he was headed for a TD and gets tackled at the feet in the open field by a CB. Now Im sorry, thats NOT what you expect from an elite RB. Run him out of bounds? fine Slow him down? fine but tackle him by the feet? one guy? Furthermore, he has another sure fire TD with a great downfield block by a WR and slips and falls in the open field? I have watched this guy go down on the first hit WAY too much. He needs to step it up and become the elite RB.

4) Any Defense that plays 2 downs is NOT a playoff D!!! They ate us alive today on 3rd downs. They way over pursued Vick and then left #12 Jenkins, and TE's completely wide open for TD's. Slot WR's? TE's? what a concept, hope Mularkey and Clements were watching. We play like this and we wont beat anyone.

Overall, I was disgusted not with the game, it was a great battle and lots of fun to be there, not with JP although I feel we have a long haul still with him, but with the fans and the media.

How in the hell does anyone who watched: the WR's not get open at all all day, the D not stop anyone on 3rd down and give up 3 TD's, the Coaches have the O come out throwing YET AGAIN when they know they have a raw young QB starting, the coaches run these stupid slow developing pass plays, and o-line let these guys get in JP's face all day...state that its all JP's fault?

When in the hell will you people get it? When will you realize that this guy is young and raw, he wont carry the team to wins yet, he cant be used as an offensive weapon yet, you should plan on him lighting up the league yet, you shouldnt plan on him having Tom Bradys poise yet, you shouldnt plan on him having Peytons touch yet? When will you get it? What did you expect from a QB with 3 starts under his belt?

This is REAL simple. With an avergae QB at the helm, be it Losman, Holcomb or other, this team is STILL not good enough to be in the playoffs!!! Its true. For all the reason I stated.

Now, the really hard part for you all to get, is that the decision makers, the Bills front office and coaches KNOW THIS and they are starting JP anyways. WHY? Because they NO that putting Holcomb in the game would NOT have made any damn difference and furthermore would HURT the team overall. We KNOW what we have in Holcomb; a career backup!!! He IS NOT going to carry this team, he wont do it. And if the team DOES play like a playoff team despite the QB, Losman will take them to the playoffs just as easy as Holcomb. They FULLY expect Losman to play exactly like he looked today and they will ride him the WHOLE year, if you want to bench him after 3 games, you might as well trade or cut him because you will only HURT his long term future with us, and IMO will NOT win anymore games!

I guess you guys must have been sleepwalking in the offseason when we proclaimed JP the starter, that was the time for revolt, JP is playing like a young QB nothing more, nothing less. And I dopnt fault him at all for it. I blame the rest of the team for playing as poorly as they are and the coaches not scheming to help a young QB out.

Dude LOSEman sucks. Why do you waste your fingers typing this nonsense. He left UCLA because he couldn't hack the competition at a high D-1 level so he went to Tulane to play against sub-par competition. He's a girl.

Billzz
09-25-2005, 08:00 PM
Didn't read all that but what I did seemed spot on.

mybills
09-25-2005, 08:00 PM
I'm so sick of hearing people say "Moulds aint beating ANYBODY with his deep speed anymore."

wtf?

Moulds has always been our CLUTCH guy not our SPEED guy!!!!!! wtf?

mybills
09-25-2005, 08:02 PM
If I wasn't drunk right now, I'd prolly see some more 'stupid' chit you said. No offense. :D

X-Era
09-25-2005, 08:04 PM
Do you go to the games? Have you noticed that every damn time we throw at Moulds he has guys draped all over him and usually draws penatlies? Ever wonder why? Because he ISNT getting open!!!! He ISNT beating anyone deep! I love the guy and I want him on our squad but if we want a true passing game with a real pass threat, Moulds either has to step up or aside. Because right now, he isnt looking like anything better than average. Joe Horn makes him look really bad and I think they are very comparable overall.

X-Era
09-25-2005, 08:05 PM
Dignity /ON
Response /OFF

TacklingDummy
09-25-2005, 08:07 PM
JP blows.

X-Era
09-25-2005, 08:07 PM
Hey, hes a fan favorite, hes been a great player, I love him. But he isnt the #1 anymore and we shouldnt be giving him the bulk of the throws. And he was NOT double teamed, single coverage all day. Evans gets open, and Josh Reed continues to be one of the more productive WR's. I hate to say it, I wish we would head in a different direction with him, but its true he has been productive.

X-Era
09-25-2005, 08:08 PM
re-run previous response

mybills
09-25-2005, 08:09 PM
Do you go to the games? Have you noticed that every damn time we throw at Moulds he has guys draped all over him and usually draws penatlies? Ever wonder why? Because he ISNT getting open!!!! He ISNT beating anyone deep! I love the guy and I want him on our squad but if we want a true passing game with a real pass threat, Moulds either has to step up or aside. Because right now, he isnt looking like anything better than average. Joe Horn makes him look really bad and I think they are very comparable overall.
I'm guessing you missed the penalty that his experience KNEW he would draw on the other team? :rofl:

chubluv
09-25-2005, 08:14 PM
Evans is getting double teamed wich is leaving Moulds in single coverage & he is not getting it done right now. Moulds will do great things again ,but it will take some time I think he should be our slot reciever when Parrish is healthy again to play. When all 3 are going I think this offense will be alot better.

By the way I agree with your views about the game. I see the same things the defence is killing me on 3rd down !!!!

X-Era
09-25-2005, 08:20 PM
I'm guessing you missed the penalty that his experience KNEW he would draw on the other team? :rofl:
great, so our passing yards will come from our all star penalty drawer???!!! UGGGHHH.

X-Era
09-25-2005, 08:22 PM
Evans is getting double teamed wich is leaving Moulds in single coverage & he is not getting it done right now. Moulds will do great things again ,but it will take some time I think he should be our slot reciever when Parrish is healthy again to play. When all 3 are going I think this offense will be alot better.

By the way I agree with your views about the game. I see the same things the defence is killing me on 3rd down !!!!
on 3rd downs, they killed us in this game at least. Ya just cant give up those 3rd down conversions, O's will eat us alive by tiring us out by doing that.

Ya know, I have been holding off on questioning Ron Edwards. But we have been run on pretty soundly in 2 games straight now. I think Sam Adams needs another sumo wrestler next to him to be a pro-bowler

mybills
09-25-2005, 08:27 PM
great, so our passing yards will come from our all star penalty drawer???!!! UGGGHHH.
That is not at all what I'm saying, I just see too many Bills fans throwing in the towel too early. I mean, wtf?
You got an arm block across his chest, a flag is thrown, they take the friggin thing back as NO PENALTY, and it cost us how many ***** yards? what? 35 or more? I'm just saying, that too many people are singling out our guys without looking at the lousy zebra calls. That pisses me off when co Bills fans don't look at the whole picture.
and THAT's just MOULDS! WTF? What about the other Great/****ed plays?

I love this team, and I see them going places, unlike a bunch of negative nancy's. :sorry:

X-Era
09-25-2005, 08:33 PM
That is not at all what I'm saying, I just see too many Bills fans throwing in the towel too early. I mean, wtf?
You got an arm block across his chest, a flag is thrown, they take the friggin thing back as NO PENALTY, and it cost us how many ***** yards? what? 35 or more? I'm just saying, that too many people are singling out our guys without looking at the lousy zebra calls. That pisses me off when co Bills fans don't look at the whole picture.

I love this team, and I see them going places, unlike a bunch of negative nancy's. :sorry:
half of me wants to believe that we will simply pick it up like last year and roll into the playoffs, but I feel McGahee is worse this year, and Losman is too young.

mybills
09-25-2005, 08:41 PM
In JP's defense, I will just say he needs more help. In McGahee's defense, he's not "dancing" like last week. :D

Typ0
09-25-2005, 08:44 PM
In JP's defense, I will just say he needs more help. In McGahee's defense, he's not "dancing" like last week. :D

what kind of help does he need...well I guess he needs a better OLine. But he certainly missed enough wide open receivers.

Captain gameboy
09-25-2005, 08:55 PM
Come on.

Let's drop the patronage and call a spade a spade.

Moulds is done. He's OK, and a great blocker on run plays, but he's a slot at best as a receiver.

Evans is our 1 guy, and the O staff hasn't figured out how to get him in favorable matchups.

Reed is finally fulfilling expects, but patronage to Moulds is costing him.

JP is wild high all the time.

Did I make that clear?

The kid is too amped up while throwing, and wild high.

Do we have a screen pass in this O?

Calm JP down. Get Evans 1 on 1. Use the screens. Use the tight end in situations other than the roll right.

mybills
09-25-2005, 08:57 PM
what kind of help does he need...well I guess he needs a better OLine. But he certainly missed enough wide open receivers.
Ok I'll bite.

He was rushed the whole first half. By the time they pulled their chit together to give him MORE time..HIS timing was off. He couldn't get back into rythm and rushed his passes. Sounds an aweful like what Bledsoe had to go through. The only difference between he and Blindsoe is...well, you know. :;

Mr. Cynical
09-25-2005, 08:59 PM

I was not dissappointed.

:10:

That was so well put.

Captain gameboy
09-25-2005, 09:06 PM
McGahee.

Nice game stat wise.
Not good enough to win.

If this guy is as good as we hoped, I expect more, at least on the scoreboard. :attn:

mybills
09-25-2005, 09:08 PM

How much do I owe you, Cgal? :biggrin:

HHURRICANE
09-25-2005, 09:25 PM
Good post. I agree that our coaching staff shares much of the blame as well. I am disappointed that I bought in to all of the hype. Moulds needs to shut up because he sucks.

X-Era
09-25-2005, 09:50 PM
He did miss WR's for sure. He missed Mark Campbell on the right in the red zone, 1st quarter and looked and threw left. Im not saying he is playing good, he isnt, he is playing YOUNG!

He needs the Coach to help him with schemes that get the ball out quicker, run McGahee more, and take advantage of the blitzing. IE quick slants, screens, TE roll outs, lots and lots of McGahee

I actually will take the o-line just the way it is but just change the schemes to help him out, quit asking so much of a guy with 3 damn starts, hes too green.

Captain gameboy
09-25-2005, 09:57 PM
He needs to be accurate.

I don't have a major problem with him not seeing receivers.

I do have a problem with him seeing them and missing wild high.

He did it more than once today.

The kid is innacurate, and its a problem.

jonah7777
09-25-2005, 10:27 PM
lol. the bills have a rookie qb and most of the fans expect miracles.

we want to win now so we want holcomb--

lmao
they should put holcomb in so when he flops horridly then what will you cry for a new qb in the draft

no of course not bills fans will cry put shane in.

get a clue this team is hardly a playoff team. this team is not even a .500 team.
playoffs---keep dreaming.

Mitchy moo
09-25-2005, 10:32 PM
Ok I'll bite.

He was rushed the whole first half. By the time they pulled their chit together to give him MORE time..HIS timing was off. He couldn't get back into rythm and rushed his passes. Sounds an aweful like what Bledsoe had to go through. The only difference between he and Blindsoe is...well, you know. :;
Rythm is when your in a band, you have to adjust and reset. Everyplay stands on it's own.

mybills
09-25-2005, 10:36 PM
Rythm is when your in a band, you have to adjust and reset. Everyplay stands on it's own.
I guess I'm just not jiggy with it! :D