PDA

View Full Version : What makes people think that Dick LeBeau...

Kelly The Dog
01-06-2003, 06:52 PM
doesn't have the utmost respect for Gregg Williams and Jerry Gray? And jump at the chance to work alongside them. The Bills defense just played a very good game against his team. LeBeau has spent the last seven of the last eight years before that playing the Titans/Oilers twice a year as defensive coordinator for the Bungals and Steelers. He probably not only knows them well but knows the D and admires them greatly.

And what makes people think that after what must have been a horrific couple years of being the Bengals head coach (considering all the losing and all the dealings with Mike Brown) that atop the list of Dick LeBeau's priorities is a simple, no pressure, reasonably well paid gig on a rising team with championship potential and a boss that's a long lost buddy? The assistant DC might be a better job in DL's mind (right now) than having the HC or DC job.

I'm not saying this is true. I'm just opening for discussion the idea that maybe the cake job is exactly what he wants and needs. And that he isn't after Jerry Gray or GW's job at all. And thinks, wow, how much fun would it be after all that bull**** in Cincy to just lay back and dream up a couple zone blitzes with my buddies Jerry Gray and Gregg Williams and Tom Donahoe and take some of the credit if it's good and have none of the blame if it's bad? How great is that?

I just read on Bills Daily that TD (or Ralph) actually pays Modrak "GM money" so I wouldn't be surprised if it was worth it to them to give him a nice little offer as LB coach and assistant DC or HC just as a title.

Tom D
01-06-2003, 07:01 PM
Bring LeBeau in!!!!!!

And Takeo too!!

Dudly Do-Right
01-06-2003, 07:04 PM
He may just want to come in as an assistant like you say, Kelly. No telling. I wouldn't blame him at all if he did.

Like you said...coaching the Bengals couldn't have been any fun, and he may want a year or two to recharge his batteries.

SABURZFAN
01-06-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by God
Bring LeBeau in!!!!!!

And Takeo too!!

sounds great.since you're God,make it happen.

HotRod
01-06-2003, 07:51 PM
Other than what I've read on this site about Dick LeBeau, I don't know a whole lot about him. Does anyone have a breakdown on him?

justasportsfan
01-06-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Kelly The Dog
doesn't have the utmost respect for Gregg Williams and Jerry Gray? And jump at the chance to work alongside them. The Bills defense just played a very good game against his team. LeBeau has spent the last seven of the last eight years before that playing the Titans/Oilers twice a year as defensive coordinator for the Bungals and Steelers. He probably not only knows them well but knows the D and admires them greatly.

And what makes people think that after what must have been a horrific couple years of being the Bengals head coach (considering all the losing and all the dealings with Mike Brown) that atop the list of Dick LeBeau's priorities is a simple, no pressure, reasonably well paid gig on a rising team with championship potential and a boss that's a long lost buddy? The assistant DC might be a better job in DL's mind (right now) than having the HC or DC job.

I'm not saying this is true. I'm just opening for discussion the idea that maybe the cake job is exactly what he wants and needs. And that he isn't after Jerry Gray or GW's job at all. And thinks, wow, how much fun would it be after all that bull**** in Cincy to just lay back and dream up a couple zone blitzes with my buddies Jerry Gray and Gregg Williams and Tom Donahoe and take some of the credit if it's good and have none of the blame if it's bad? How great is that?

I just read on Bills Daily that TD (or Ralph) actually pays Modrak "GM money" so I wouldn't be surprised if it was worth it to them to give him a nice little offer as LB coach and assistant DC or HC just as a title.

I bet if another team offers Lebeau DC job, everything you said is out the window :D:jk: