PDA

View Full Version : So you think the team is good?

Mr. Cynical
09-25-2005, 07:57 PM
I keep hearing about how great our D is and all our "talent" and how "it's now or never" to get the dance. Well, I hate to say it but I just don't think the team is all that great.

The ranking of the D is misleading. If you look at how those numbers were determined, we kill the bad teams and lose to the good ones, especially when they really count. If there was a subjective metric applied to the rankings, our D would not be ranked anywhere as high.

As for all our "talent"....on paper, maybe....but in the end who is really producing consistently at a top level? The only guy that comes to mind is Moorman. And he's a punter.

I'll admit I got sucked into all the hype with WM, JP, Evans.....the "better than the '85 Bears" D, etc., etc....but when have they produced against a GOOD team?

Not to go unscathed is the coaching, which has made some very questionable decisions and whose gameplans have been less than adequate against competent foes.

As much as I hate to say it, I don't see this team progessing very much unless a spark from I don't know where comes and lights a fire.

justasportsfan
09-25-2005, 07:59 PM
I still think we are contenders for playoffs.

mybills
09-25-2005, 08:15 PM
Like I said last week..

We had a sloppy win, then a sloppy loss.

Granted our OL can improve...this week showed it. What can I say, other than we have to play better than the zebras AND the other teams. :idunno:

mybills
09-25-2005, 08:16 PM
btw, I LOVE MULARKEY! :D

Ebenezer
09-25-2005, 08:17 PM
btw, I LOVE MULARKEY! :D
I do too..I just don't think they have the depth on this team to get it done.

TacklingDummy
09-25-2005, 08:17 PM
I think the Bills could easily been 3-0 with a QB that could play.

By no means did Tampa and Atlanta spank us. The Bills lost because the QB couldn't produce.

Crisis
09-25-2005, 08:19 PM

By no means did Tampa and Atlanta spank us. The Bills lost because the QB couldn't produce.
I'm not sure about the TB game...

But definately the ATL game...Losman made me sick on all his deep throws...He had open WRs for the most part.

Ebenezer
09-25-2005, 08:20 PM
I keep hearing about how great our D is and all our "talent" and how "it's now or never" to get the dance. Well, I hate to say it but I just don't think the team is all that great.

The ranking of the D is misleading. If you look at how those numbers were determined, we kill the bad teams and lose to the good ones, especially when they really count. If there was a subjective metric applied to the rankings, our D would not be ranked anywhere as high.

As for all our "talent"....on paper, maybe....but in the end who is really producing consistently at a top level? The only guy that comes to mind is Moorman. And he's a punter.

I'll admit I got sucked into all the hype with WM, JP, Evans.....the "better than the '85 Bears" D, etc., etc....but when have they produced against a GOOD team?

Not to go unscathed is the coaching, which has made some very questionable decisions and whose gameplans have been less than adequate against competent foes.

As much as I hate to say it, I don't see this team progessing very much unless a spark from I don't know where comes and lights a fire.
thank you...that's why you don't turn it over to an unproven almost-rookie.

Ebenezer
09-25-2005, 08:20 PM

Hell no...2-1...we should have won today.

TacklingDummy
09-25-2005, 08:26 PM
Hell no...2-1...we should have won today.

And could of won against Tampa. If not for that Safety, easy TD after safety, and an offense that couldn't move the ball on a high school defense.

As poorly as the Bills couldn't stop the run against Tampa, it was hardly a unwinnable game.

Ebenezer
09-25-2005, 08:28 PM
And could of won against Tampa. If not for that Safety, easy TD after safety, and an offense that couldn't move the ball on a high school defense.

As poorly as the Bills couldn't stop the run against Tampa, it was hardly a unwinnable game.
There was no way the Bills were winning last week...

elltrain22
09-25-2005, 08:32 PM
I hate to say this, b/c ya gotta develop JP, but Mularkey has gotta start thinking about playing Holcomb. JPL has looked ridiculous these last 2 weeks. Missing targets virtually every time, making wrong reads, missing the wide open receiver (today missing Moulds), and forcing the ball into tight spaces. Holcomb isn't God's gift, by any means, but he gives us the better chance to win.

Captain gameboy
09-25-2005, 08:35 PM
Its not a good team.
A good team does what it needs to do, when it needs to do it.

We can't run when we need to.
We can't stop offenses when we need to.

We can't pass to get 1st downs when we need to.
We certainly can't get 6 in the red zone.

We've got Lindell and little else.

Mr. Cynical
09-25-2005, 08:54 PM
thank you...that's why you don't turn it over to an unproven almost-rookie.
:huh:

You completely missed my point.

DD
09-25-2005, 08:58 PM
I still think we are contenders for playoffs.
:lmao: :lmao:

Your kidding, right.
Justa, I see you are still a dreamer.

HHURRICANE
09-25-2005, 09:13 PM
Let's face reality:

1) Our OL sucks in pass protection. Look at how much better Bledsoe is playing. Our OL is killing us.

2) JPL is essentially a ROOKIE QB. Look at how bad Eli was last year and look at what an improvement he has made. Pay me now, pay me later.

3) Young linebackers are better than older veterans. Our defense is not that good. Should have gone after Corey Simon.

Mr. Cynical
09-25-2005, 09:14 PM
Let's face reality:

1) Our OL sucks in pass protection. Look at how much better Bledsoe is playing. Our OL is killing us.

2) JPL is essentially a ROOKIE QB. Look at how bad Eli was last year and look at what an improvement he has made. Pay me now, pay me later.

3) Young linebackers are better than older veterans. Our defense is not that good. Should have gone after Corey Simon.
Agreed.

Ebenezer
09-25-2005, 09:35 PM
:huh:

You completely missed my point.
no..I didn't...I made some of those same points last year while the drive to the playoffs was on and before the Pittsburgh derailment...it was some of the basis for my belief that it was too soon to put JP in the driver seat.

Mr. Cynical
09-25-2005, 11:27 PM
no..I didn't...I made some of those same points last year while the drive to the playoffs was on and before the Pittsburgh derailment...it was some of the basis for my belief that it was too soon to put JP in the driver seat.Uh....you still missed it again. I am not saying the team is good now and ready to make a run. You however apparently think it is, because you think Blew would have been a better choice to start this year. I on the other hand think it is time now to take the lumps with JP, for better or for worse.

So no, we are not on the same page.

Ebenezer
09-26-2005, 02:10 PM
Uh....you still missed it again. I am not saying the team is good now and ready to make a run. You however apparently think it is, because you think Blew would have been a better choice to start this year. I on the other hand think it is time now to take the lumps with JP, for better or for worse.

So no, we are not on the same page.
fine...this team at 9-6 going into Pittsburgh last week looks 100X better than this team 1-2 looking to go 1-15...look at the schedule...if they don't beat New Orleans or NY Jets they might not win again until December 17...that's not lumps...that's concrete blocks falling on your head...enjoy...if that happens this team would have been better with DB at the helm...1 and whatever is NEVER acceptable.

Seventeen&0
09-26-2005, 02:50 PM

Sounds like the '04 Dolphins