• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alluro
    You Don't Stand a Chance !
    • Jul 2002

Trade for Brett Favre!

did anyone catch favre's comments on NFL network? he sounds dejected. Trade for Brett and let Favre learn from his idol. Anyway, to paraphrase Favre's comments, they were (got this from another fan site)

He's sad, quite sad. Maybe that's normal in this champ's voice after a loss.
    At this point it's gone on way too long I'd guess 20 minutes to a half hour of the same questions and responses.
    His 94-96 teams could overcome mistakes. This team is built with too little experience and can't overcome them.
    He'd pause alot as if not to insult someone, let me think before I speak sorta thing.
    They need youth every team needs youth but too much leads to more mistakes that we can't overcome. The veterans here have to do too much to overcome the youngsters mistakes.
    Then he praised the youngsters for their effort and hardwork and said it's a team we'll work it out.
    Then jumped back to, if this is a rebuilding team he doesn't want to be a part of that because he doesn't have much time left. He doesn't want to be anything but a packer but doesn't want to be part of rebuilding. He believes he has a "few" years left.
    He said something about the gameplanning differences between Sherman and Holmgren. I took it as Sherman leaves them with alot of work to do and overcome in games while Holmgren tried to outsmart the opposition and make it easy. Then...back to the mistakes and youth and the gameplan doesn't matter.
    Then no it's not ted Thompson's fault, he'll always support someone that gives it his all to make the Packers the best team but they can't overcome msitakes.
    It went back and forth him trying to blame, probably feeling badly about it, then praising Sherman and Thompson, tyhen back to blaming...very awww shucks like. Nothing like TO.
    He wants to be a coach someday and mentioned his father and Ray Rhodes as an influence. Spoke of both their heart conditions(missed bit thought it was Rhodes heart+his dad's) and said he "wishes him well".
    The guy was upset not angry and frustrated but genuinely sad
  • Captain Obvious
    I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
    • Jul 2005

Re: Trade for Brett Favre!

Originally posted by Alluro
    did anyone catch favre's comments on NFL network? he sounds dejected. Trade for Brett and let Favre learn from his idol. Anyway, to paraphrase Favre's comments, they were (got this from another fan site)

He's sad, quite sad. Maybe that's normal in this champ's voice after a loss.
    At this point it's gone on way too long I'd guess 20 minutes to a half hour of the same questions and responses.
    His 94-96 teams could overcome mistakes. This team is built with too little experience and can't overcome them.
    He'd pause alot as if not to insult someone, let me think before I speak sorta thing.
    They need youth every team needs youth but too much leads to more mistakes that we can't overcome. The veterans here have to do too much to overcome the youngsters mistakes.
    Then he praised the youngsters for their effort and hardwork and said it's a team we'll work it out.
    Then jumped back to, if this is a rebuilding team he doesn't want to be a part of that because he doesn't have much time left. He doesn't want to be anything but a packer but doesn't want to be part of rebuilding. He believes he has a "few" years left.
    He said something about the gameplanning differences between Sherman and Holmgren. I took it as Sherman leaves them with alot of work to do and overcome in games while Holmgren tried to outsmart the opposition and make it easy. Then...back to the mistakes and youth and the gameplan doesn't matter.
    Then no it's not ted Thompson's fault, he'll always support someone that gives it his all to make the Packers the best team but they can't overcome msitakes.
    It went back and forth him trying to blame, probably feeling badly about it, then praising Sherman and Thompson, tyhen back to blaming...very awww shucks like. Nothing like TO.
    He wants to be a coach someday and mentioned his father and Ray Rhodes as an influence. Spoke of both their heart conditions(missed bit thought it was Rhodes heart+his dad's) and said he "wishes him well".
    The guy was upset not angry and frustrated but genuinely sad
    Trading for Brett Favre at his age, 3 games into the season is NOT the answer.

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

I'm sure the Packers organization is actively shopping around Mr. Favre.

Comment

• Fairway
        • Jul 2002

Favre is not getting traded

Comment

• Kerr
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Feb 2005

The hell with favre.

Comment

• Brad528
            • Sep 2004

This should be voted dumest thread of the year.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
              • May 2003

Thread of the year!!

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

Haven't we been down this road before?

"It's the line, stupid!"-WYSWings, 9/19/05