PDA

View Full Version : Trade for Brett Favre!

Alluro
09-25-2005, 08:08 PM
did anyone catch favre's comments on NFL network? he sounds dejected. Trade for Brett and let Favre learn from his idol. Anyway, to paraphrase Favre's comments, they were (got this from another fan site)

He's sad, quite sad. Maybe that's normal in this champ's voice after a loss.
At this point it's gone on way too long I'd guess 20 minutes to a half hour of the same questions and responses.
His 94-96 teams could overcome mistakes. This team is built with too little experience and can't overcome them.
He'd pause alot as if not to insult someone, let me think before I speak sorta thing.
They need youth every team needs youth but too much leads to more mistakes that we can't overcome. The veterans here have to do too much to overcome the youngsters mistakes.
Then he praised the youngsters for their effort and hardwork and said it's a team we'll work it out.
Then jumped back to, if this is a rebuilding team he doesn't want to be a part of that because he doesn't have much time left. He doesn't want to be anything but a packer but doesn't want to be part of rebuilding. He believes he has a "few" years left.
He said something about the gameplanning differences between Sherman and Holmgren. I took it as Sherman leaves them with alot of work to do and overcome in games while Holmgren tried to outsmart the opposition and make it easy. Then...back to the mistakes and youth and the gameplan doesn't matter.
Then no it's not ted Thompson's fault, he'll always support someone that gives it his all to make the Packers the best team but they can't overcome msitakes.
It went back and forth him trying to blame, probably feeling badly about it, then praising Sherman and Thompson, tyhen back to blaming...very awww shucks like. Nothing like TO.
He wants to be a coach someday and mentioned his father and Ray Rhodes as an influence. Spoke of both their heart conditions(missed bit thought it was Rhodes heart+his dad's) and said he "wishes him well".
The guy was upset not angry and frustrated but genuinely sad

Captain Obvious
09-25-2005, 08:37 PM
did anyone catch favre's comments on NFL network? he sounds dejected. Trade for Brett and let Favre learn from his idol. Anyway, to paraphrase Favre's comments, they were (got this from another fan site)

He's sad, quite sad. Maybe that's normal in this champ's voice after a loss.
At this point it's gone on way too long I'd guess 20 minutes to a half hour of the same questions and responses.
His 94-96 teams could overcome mistakes. This team is built with too little experience and can't overcome them.
He'd pause alot as if not to insult someone, let me think before I speak sorta thing.
They need youth every team needs youth but too much leads to more mistakes that we can't overcome. The veterans here have to do too much to overcome the youngsters mistakes.
Then he praised the youngsters for their effort and hardwork and said it's a team we'll work it out.
Then jumped back to, if this is a rebuilding team he doesn't want to be a part of that because he doesn't have much time left. He doesn't want to be anything but a packer but doesn't want to be part of rebuilding. He believes he has a "few" years left.
He said something about the gameplanning differences between Sherman and Holmgren. I took it as Sherman leaves them with alot of work to do and overcome in games while Holmgren tried to outsmart the opposition and make it easy. Then...back to the mistakes and youth and the gameplan doesn't matter.
Then no it's not ted Thompson's fault, he'll always support someone that gives it his all to make the Packers the best team but they can't overcome msitakes.
It went back and forth him trying to blame, probably feeling badly about it, then praising Sherman and Thompson, tyhen back to blaming...very awww shucks like. Nothing like TO.
He wants to be a coach someday and mentioned his father and Ray Rhodes as an influence. Spoke of both their heart conditions(missed bit thought it was Rhodes heart+his dad's) and said he "wishes him well".
The guy was upset not angry and frustrated but genuinely sad
Trading for Brett Favre at his age, 3 games into the season is NOT the answer.

Typ0
09-25-2005, 08:41 PM
I'm sure the Packers organization is actively shopping around Mr. Favre.

Novacane
09-25-2005, 08:41 PM
Favre is not getting traded

Kerr
09-25-2005, 09:10 PM
The hell with favre.

Brad528
09-25-2005, 09:28 PM
This should be voted dumest thread of the year.

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-26-2005, 05:14 AM
Thread of the year!!

Historian
09-26-2005, 05:44 AM
Haven't we been down this road before?

"It's the line, stupid!"-WYSWings, 9/19/05

R. Rich
09-26-2005, 06:28 AM
Haven't we been down this road before?

"It's the line, stupid!"-WYSWings, 9/19/05

For about 13 years now...