PDA

View Full Version : This is the lowest I've felt as a Bills fan in 5 years

Crisis
09-25-2005, 08:11 PM
I realise we have all the talent to win the superbowl. It's just not coming together.

Our "All star" defense is horrible, our best player has a serious injury...

Our future QB looks like crap, and our playcalling has been even more pathetic.

I loved our coaches last year, but right now I'm really questioning alot of the play calling.

I just feel like **** after this game, it was definately winnable, but we can't keep depending on Lindell.

Speaking of which, if we didn't have Lindell, I'd feel like ****ing **** right now. Even moreso than I do now. Thank you for helping keep whatever sanity I have left Rian.

Ebenezer
09-25-2005, 08:14 PM
I realise we have all the talent to win the superbowl.

no...we don't. watch the NE/Pitts rerun...we do not have enough talent to win.

MikeInRoch
09-25-2005, 08:16 PM
And given that we don't, I see no reason to pull JP at this time.

Crisis
09-25-2005, 08:16 PM
no...we don't. watch the NE/Pitts rerun...we do not have enough talent to win.
I disagree. We have the talent.

We shoot ourselves in the foot with stupid penalties when we start to look good. We've gotten horrible injuries already.

If our OL/D plays like they did in the 2nd half of last year minus Pitts game, we're definately a superbowl contender.

Crisis
09-25-2005, 08:18 PM
I agree.

Holcomb isn't our future or present. Might as well let JP take his licks and see if he gets better from this.

Ebenezer
09-25-2005, 08:24 PM
Pull JP now and you confirm the belief that he wasn't ready and jettisoning DB was a bad idea...He has to play.

ajsdx
09-25-2005, 08:29 PM
THIS is the lowest you've felt as a bills fan in the last five years? How about freaking 2003, when we opened the season beating NE and Jacksonville 69-17, then went on to win only 4 games the rest of the year? That's way worse than starting 1-2 with a whole year left. We've got potential, so hopefully it'll bloom. At least we have something to look forward to, whereas most years (like 2003), you just know it's going all downhill until the season ends and puts you out of your misery.

Crisis
09-25-2005, 08:40 PM
THIS is the lowest you've felt as a bills fan in the last five years? How about freaking 2003, when we opened the season beating NE and Jacksonville 69-17, then went on to win only 4 games the rest of the year? That's way worse than starting 1-2 with a whole year left. We've got potential, so hopefully it'll bloom. At least we have something to look forward to, whereas most years (like 2003), you just know it's going all downhill until the season ends and puts you out of your misery.
Nope.

That year exposed our previous coaching staff.

Forward_Lateral
09-25-2005, 09:09 PM
Well, I just remembered how badly I felt and how HORRIBLE the team looked after the first 5 or 6 games last year, and remembered that they finished strong at 9-7. I still have hope.

feelthepain
09-25-2005, 09:18 PM
The Bills don't have enough talent. They have some talent. They should not have drafted JP so high, he is not first rd talent. If he were as good as your FO (ONLY) thought he was, he would be passing for more then the 80 yrds per game avg. he has.

Iehoshua
09-25-2005, 09:24 PM
Well, I just remembered how badly I felt and how HORRIBLE the team looked after the first 5 or 6 games last year, and remembered that they finished strong at 9-7. I still have hope.
Amen. Is everyone's memory that short?

Perhaps I don't feel as bad since I've been to the one game this season we've won, not to mention it was the first win I've seen...

OpIv37
09-25-2005, 09:49 PM

I gotta agree with you on that- 2003 was awful. The 0-4 start last year was tough, then we beat the Dolphins only to lose to the Ravens and be 1-5. Then coming back to be 9-6 and blowing it against Pittsburgh's back ups- all those moments rank lower than right now.

But I do feel like this season is shot. If TKO is ok, there's a chance we can salvage it. Without TKO and with Losman and the banged-up O-line playing like ****, we're screwed.

Philagape
09-25-2005, 10:22 PM
Where we need talent the most is O-line. Four retreads from other teams doesn't cut it.

Mitchy moo
09-25-2005, 10:47 PM
Pull JP now and you confirm the belief that he wasn't ready and jettisoning DB was a bad idea...He has to play.
I agree, sit the kid down and let him watch how the NFL works. Talking and tapes makes you a coach, not a player.

HAMMER
09-26-2005, 01:38 AM
I disagree. We have the talent.

We shoot ourselves in the foot with stupid penalties when we start to look good. We've gotten horrible injuries already.

If our OL/D plays like they did in the 2nd half of last year minus Pitts game, we're definately a superbowl contender.
?????? What? Sure.

ajsdx
09-26-2005, 04:57 AM
Nope.

That year exposed our previous coaching staff.

Fair enough. It did get rid of what we thought was a big part of our problem. But don't we still retain some of those problems? If 2003 exposed the coaching staff, I'm sure that this season is exposing some other weak spots on our team that need to be redressed. Certain players, the front office, whatever. So what makes now that much worse than then?