PDA

View Full Version : let's not forget..

JefftheBillsfan
09-25-2005, 09:02 PM
the falcons are a pretty darn good football team. for certain aspects of our game (passing game, run defense ie.) to be as poorly as they were...we were in that game for 4 quarters.

the running game was very effective against a top notch run defense. the line did well to open up holes for willis, and today willis hit them. i think we would all still like a little more of mcgahee after he gets through, but its coming i think. and how about another solid day for the SPT, against one of the better SPT in the league.

i'm not nearly as frustrated after this game than i was TB last week. For everyone already writing off the season...come on, please. You know you will be back on board when Buffalo wins 2 of the next 3.

yes, losman has looked terrible 2 weeks in a row. the reason we went with him and not bledsoe again this year, is because jp is going to get better. you couldnt say the same about drew, thats for sure. i honestly dont care how well he is doing in dallas, i actually predicted that he would have success with that offensive line. but understand that just because he is having a good year there that it doesnt mean that success would nesesarily translate here. 2 completely different situations. we all know that jp can make the throws, and we all know he has the confidence and drive to get where he has to be. itll get better.

let's go bills, the season is hardly over.

Cntrygal
09-25-2005, 09:05 PM
:10:

Good post Jeff!

jpdex12
09-25-2005, 09:15 PM
the falcons are a pretty darn good football team. for certain aspects of our game (passing game, run defense ie.) to be as poorly as they were...we were in that game for 4 quarters.

the running game was very effective against a top notch run defense. the line did well to open up holes for willis, and today willis hit them. i think we would all still like a little more of mcgahee after he gets through, but its coming i think. and how about another solid day for the SPT, against one of the better SPT in the league.

i'm not nearly as frustrated after this game than i was TB last week. For everyone already writing off the season...come on, please. You know you will be back on board when Buffalo wins 2 of the next 3.

yes, losman has looked terrible 2 weeks in a row. the reason we went with him and not bledsoe again this year, is because jp is going to get better. you couldnt say the same about drew, thats for sure. i honestly dont care how well he is doing in dallas, i actually predicted that he would have success with that offensive line. but understand that just because he is having a good year there that it doesnt mean that success would nesesarily translate here. 2 completely different situations. we all know that jp can make the throws, and we all know he has the confidence and drive to get where he has to be. itll get better.

let's go bills, the season is hardly over.
I am frustrated for the obvious reason that it has been too long since we have eaten a piece of the playoff cake, but your post is right on. Patience is the key. JP has tremendous ability to scramble and he will eventually settle in and make the throws. I'm afraid that it may not be until next year when we start seeing it, but this is what we have. The one thing that I wish we could have had today was better pass blocking. When it mattered most, our line broke down and collapsed on big pass plays that we needed and JP didn't have the time...2.5 seconds on a few shotgun plays towards the end didn't help.
The next few games will show what this team really has and we are lucky enough that the AFC East is looking like it's wide open for anyone.
Keep your heads up and bear down gents!
Come on Buffalo!