PDA

View Full Version : ok Bills fans, forget your Giants bias crap..

mybills
09-25-2005, 09:17 PM
These announcers sound like they want the Chargers to win just because Eli wanted to play for NY.

I say, screw it..he made his decision, and he's helping his team.
Personally, I can't hold something like that against a player. Jeesh, if he didn't want to play for the Chargers, he didn't want to play for them. What's the big deal?

Mr. Cynical
09-25-2005, 09:19 PM
And how does Eli look? Not to bad right? (not talking to you mybills) Yet last year alot of people said it was a bad idea to play him. Well it looks to me it is paying off now. Those people need to keep that in mind when calling for the hook for JP.

Forward_Lateral
09-25-2005, 09:23 PM
John Elway got the same thing when he refused to play for Baltimore. To me, you should play for who drafts you, but in this case, it worked out well for both the Chargers and the Giants.

Cntrygal
09-25-2005, 09:25 PM
mybills... for me it's the way he went about it. I think these guys should all feel fortunate that they are being drafted - not feel like they should be able to write their own ticket. No matter how great they were in college, they are unproven in the NFL (at draft time).

chubluv
09-25-2005, 10:01 PM
The Giants arent looking that great tonight!!

mybills
09-25-2005, 10:23 PM
John Elway got the same thing when he refused to play for Baltimore. To me, you should play for who drafts you, but in this case, it worked out well for both the Chargers and the Giants.
Elway wasn't hassled about it HALF as much as Eli.
I think these announcers are ******s. Eli just got the Giants out of a 3rd down situation a few times in a row, and NOW they act like he's great. :rolleyes:

LarryBoy
09-25-2005, 10:39 PM
Eli Manning spurned the San Diego Chargers when they drafted him first overall in 2004. But was he told to do so?

Manning's father, Archie, told ESPN's Suzy Kolber on Sunday that the reason he counseled his son not to go to San Diego was because people within the Chargers organization told him, "Don't let your son come here."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2172298

Hmmmmm....at least makes you wonder.

The_Philster
09-26-2005, 04:59 AM
Elway wasn't hassled about it HALF as much as Eli. Media coverage of the Draft and these things concerning the NFL has increased a lot since 1983...we also didn't have these message boards back then

don137
09-26-2005, 07:05 AM
I agree Elway reputation would of taken a beating much the same way Eli's reputation is being taking a beating today if they had the internet and the media scrutiny back then. Still, I think most people feel eli acted like a spoiled brat no matter if he was told not to go there or not. This type of attitude is bad for sports where the athletes feel almost bigger than the game itself.

mysticsoto
09-26-2005, 07:41 AM
I have a problem with players being able to influence where they go. It should be an honor just to make an NFL roster. To think you can just pick and choose where you want to go without ever having played a down in professional football is ridiculous! It's over and done with, and the Chargers came out on top on that deal anyway, but I still think the whole thing was wrong and I'm glad the Chargers won last night.

The_Philster
09-26-2005, 03:54 PM
Personally, I don't have that much of a problem with a player choosing where he goes...only thing is, if a player wanted a specific team, he should not declare for the draft and sign a contract as an UDFA...I don't see players doing that, though as it would cost them plenty of money

chernobylwraiths
09-26-2005, 03:58 PM
I thought Elway acted just as bad if not worse. I have always held that against Elway.

Kelly tried to do the same thing here and finally had to sign with us. I think he now feels it was the best decision he ever made.