PDA

View Full Version : W/O TKO/Top 10 "D"?

juice
09-25-2005, 11:25 PM
DB~ We have maybe a top 5 secondary, Mcgee is coming along very nice - Nate is just Nate and Troy and Law add Vet play as well as playmaking ability.

LB ~ Spikes is a huge loss, hurts as much as Cowart did when he went down Fletcher and Posey need to play like seasoned Vets and not only raise their level of play but also help Crowell play to the top of his ability.

DE ~ Schobel needs to be a 10+ sack guy and Kelsay needs to take that leap and play like a starter.

DL ~ Sam Adams is the force that Edwards needs to become along with adding consistancy.. Edwards needs to play like a starter on every down.

Look for Nate and Fletch and Law to step up their Total Tackles with the loss of Spikes' tackle output, Schobel needs to be a constant Pass Rushing Force.. Look for these guys to have Pro Bowl type seasons if the Defense is going to remain Top 10 in the League.

Luisito23
09-25-2005, 11:29 PM
If the news about TKO is true, I trust that all those players will step up, 1 man does not make a defense.....

GO BILLS!!!!!

MarvLevy
09-25-2005, 11:41 PM
have u seen Baltimore without Ray Lewis?

AndreReed83
09-25-2005, 11:45 PM
Hell, so far WITH him we haven't really played the past few games like a top 10 D. No way without him.

DaBills
09-25-2005, 11:45 PM
Without Pat Williams, Sam has a bigger burden and our run stopping has suffered. Gray needs to pull some new schemes outta his ass 'cuz I only can think of one time where Schobel was even close to Vick today. Right now, we're a bend-don't break defense that really broke today.

fushetti
09-26-2005, 12:27 AM
Weren't a top 10 D with him. They aren't going anywhere anyway. Who cares.

juice
09-26-2005, 08:07 AM
Weren't a top 10 D with him. They aren't going anywhere anyway. Who cares.Is losing Spikes a bigger loss than the Pats losing Harrison?

Mini Mouse
09-26-2005, 08:13 AM
Is losing Spikes a bigger loss than the Pats losing Harrison?
Yes. At least the Pats have an offense.

fushetti
09-26-2005, 01:46 PM
Is losing Spikes a bigger loss than the Pats losing Harrison?

The Pats lose big players routinely and find no name replacements that step up and make you forget about who got injured. The Pats won't miss a beat.

As for the Bills, I've quit getting my hopes up and I'm not surprised at whats transpired. As long as the Belichick/Brady steamroller is in our division, the Bills aren't going anywhere.

Go Sabres!

juice
09-26-2005, 02:01 PM
The Pats lose big players routinely and find no name replacements that step up and make you forget about who got injured. The Pats won't miss a beat.

As for the Bills, I've quit getting my hopes up and I'm not surprised at whats transpired. As long as the Belichick/Brady steamroller is in our division, the Bills aren't going anywhere.

Go Sabres!The Pats No-Name players are already starting at CB.. they can't afford to lose Harrison, their secondary looked kind of suspect against Carolina and Pitts had that game won.. I don't see the Pats winning the AFC title but they will probably win the East by default.

The Fish have Bullied their way back into the East, with Solid defensive play and Ricky returning wk 5 against Us, they may be the favorite as runner up in the East to the Pats.

Dolphinatic
09-26-2005, 03:04 PM
The Fish have Bullied their way back into the East, with Solid defensive play and Ricky returning wk 5 against Us, they may be the favorite as runner up in the East to the Pats.

You'll be pleased to know that Ricky won't be back until the Fins play Tampa the week after their game in Buffalo. On the other hand, this is Miami's bye week coming up.

As late as last week, I was expecting an L in Buffalo in two weeks, although I figured it would be more competitive than most people here would like to assume. Now, I'm not so sure. These teams appear headed in opposite directions, at least at the moment.

By the way, sorry about TKO. Always happy to see a rival's star playing poorly, but not lost to injury. You want to see the best players on the field.