PDA

View Full Version : Clements and Mularkey own much of this loss.

BidsJr
09-26-2005, 06:53 AM
Top 3 corners are on the bench and we stubbornly keep pounding Willis up the gut when we are down in the game.

When will J.P. have a better chance this year to air it out against a 26th ranked pass defense without any of it's top 3 players?

The ignorant announcers from yesterday had 1 thing right they should have spread the field with 4 wide and chipped at them all game.

don137
09-26-2005, 06:58 AM
I disagree. the Bills did air it out early and often. JP couldn't hit anything with the long ball yesterday. The players were open and he misfired and this is hurting JP confidence. I think the Bills play calling was awful. I don't mind throwing long to keep the defense honest but they went for the home run too many times yesterday. They need more higher percentage passes with slant patterns, screens or passes to the tight end with an occasional throw down field to build up his confidence. Many, including myself, said the Bills need to break in JP slowly much the way the Steelers did with Big Ben and IMO Clements is hurting the growth of JP because it seems like they are asking him to run before he is ready to walk.

Tinboy
09-26-2005, 06:58 AM
Well the way JP threw yesterday I'm not sure it would have helped.

vicmantak
09-26-2005, 08:03 AM
Please... how many games will be necessary to understand that Tom Clements is not the answer to this offense?

Does it makes sense to see Clements (maybe Mularkey too) ahead of hell of coaches like Sam Wyche and Jim McNally?

It's too late but this team needs a challenge as soon as possible.

Mini Mouse
09-26-2005, 08:06 AM
Top 3 corners are on the bench and we stubbornly keep pounding Willis up the gut when we are down in the game.

When will J.P. have a better chance this year to air it out against a 26th ranked pass defense without any of it's top 3 players?

The ignorant announcers from yesterday had 1 thing right they should have spread the field with 4 wide and chipped at them all game.
Good point, but I can't complete a pass over 5 yards downfield.

OpIv37
09-26-2005, 08:26 AM
You know, it was just last week that people were complaining that we were abandoning the running game when it was still working. Now people are saying we didn't pass enough....

Losman was all over the place with his throws and the Oline couldn't pass-block for ****. McGahee was running well- enough said.

finsrclowns
09-26-2005, 08:47 AM
Please... how many games will be necessary to understand that Tom Clements is not the answer to this offense?

Does it makes sense to see Clements (maybe Mularkey too) ahead of hell of coaches like Sam Wyche and Jim McNally?

It's too late but this team needs a challenge as soon as possible.

Yes, that's what we need, our OL coach calling plays. :crazed:

BillsFanCupp38
09-26-2005, 09:07 AM
We didnt throw the ball because it was ineffective. If his completion % was higher than we definately would have thrown more, but the fact of the matter is the running game was the only thing working for us. JP couldnt hit a refridgerator 5 yards in front him with a $100,000 bet on the line.

DaBills
09-26-2005, 09:14 AM
I disagree. the Bills did air it out early and often. JP couldn't hit anything with the long ball yesterday. The players were open and he misfired and this is hurting JP confidence. I think the Bills play calling was awful. I don't mind throwing long to keep the defense honest but they went for the home run too many times yesterday. They need more higher percentage passes with slant patterns, screens or passes to the tight end with an occasional throw down field to build up his confidence. Many, including myself, said the Bills need to break in JP slowly much the way the Steelers did with Big Ben and IMO Clements is hurting the growth of JP because it seems like they are asking him to run before he is ready to walk. I agree with this. I've felt the playcalling has sucked for some time and that the staff is too focused on proving JP is a legit NFL QB, and not establishing a running game. MM the offensive whiz, well I'm not seeing it very much.

And JP did throw deep – too much. That's the problem. It was like Drew's Syndrome all over again: "we'll keep putting it up deep 'cuz sooner or later one of them has to be caught."

Later I watched Brady move the Pats against an amped-up Blittsburgh team. Slants. Three-steps and fire over the line. Nothing glamerous but it worked. THEN he hit them deep. I saw none of that yesterday with JP except for one quick slant to Moulds. And were the TE's even in the game plan?

And again this year, when they have success running left, they abandon it and go up the gut or to the right where WM was basically shut down. What's the thinking there? That teams will be on to them so they mix it up? You keep doing it until they stop you, not if.

WM establishing the run should give JP the opportunity to play within himself and set up the passing game. But they're not doing it. We knew WM was solid coming into the season and there were no unknowns like there were with JP. So why not build off the success of WM and base the attack on him?

If they don't, what they'll have is a QB that throws INCs forcing three-and-outs (look at the play-by-play) while your running back (who IS a legit talent) doesn't get going until late second/third quarter when it's too late.

And if people call for Holcomb to go in, you can almost bet the gameplan will only ask him to hand off to WM and throw some screens. Now if they would do that with Holcomb, why can't JP be asked to do that?

BuffaloRanger
09-26-2005, 09:45 AM
Dear Mularky.

On 3rd and 2 inside the redzone how do you take WM out of the game, then proceed to pitch the ball to Freddie Smith (5th WR/6th WR when Parrish is back)?

You are an idiot.

DaBills
09-26-2005, 10:11 AM
...Freddie Smith (5th WR/6th WR when Parrish is back)?

You are an idiot. Lol.

"What? I thought we signed Freddie Taylor. Oh. I wouldn't have done that then."

- MM