Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Lets take a look at JP's stats shall we

1) 21 of 37 56.8% for 302 yards 1 TD, 3 INT's rating-58.6
    2) 21 of 33 63.6% 188 yrds 1 TD, 3 INT's, rating-51.1
    3) 20 of 44 45.4% 193 yrds 0 TD, 2 INT's, rating-39.3

Ohh wait those were Peyton Mannings first 3 starts.

Please, please for the love of your fans and your team, get a frikkin clue about what young QB's should look like.

• BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Re: Lets take a look at JP's stats shall we

Bills fans don't have the patience to try and groom a QB. They would rather have retreads with experience and keep going nowhere every year just to win 8 games instead of 6.

Comment

• Buckets
      • Jun 2003

I for one get frustrated and scream at the tube but I am also willing to give the young guy a break. Yards after completion are also lacking.

Comment

• Bufftp
        Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Well for most of the "anti-JP" and "start Holcomb" now group I believe they don't have patience because they want to win now. They believed that our D was Playoff even a championship caliber D and we had a shot. I used believed, because the D has demonstrated so far they are not championship caliber. With what looks like a season ending injury to Spikes they look less so.
        I think we need to keep developing JP, and put away the fantasy about the rest of the team.
        Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
        "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
        Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
        - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
        to be led by permanent ideals -
        that is what keeps a man patient
        when the world ignores him,
        and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• casdhf
          • Jul 2002

JP will be fine, he really hasn't made alot of mistakes, or taken alot of sacks. I'm just disappointed with the playcalling, I don't think we've taken one shot deep in any of the frist three games. Doesn't MM remember Lee Evans burning D's last season?
          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• colin
            Drew's my hero!
            • Jul 2002

i was all for losman, still am, but the bottom line is the kid is not ready. some young guys need to sit a year, and some young guys need to sit for longer.

jp came out of school raw as hell, and he still isn't there. he lacks fundamentals and has so far been the worst passing QB in the NFL.

manning struggled early, but he was the most prepared guy to ever come into the NFL as a QB since Marino. he threw 28 TD his first year and had marshal faulk and not much else.

he also had a bad bad D that forced him to throw all the time, and was under pressure to score on a regular basis.

he made misreads and some bad throws, but he was always in the game and making things happen. JP is just sitting there, not running and not passing effectively.

Carr, Jeff George, Boeller, and a few other guys started too early. the guys who have sat for 1 year and then played well into their second year came in much better prepared than JP.

JP should have been sat for the first 4 games, we would be 2-1 if we started Kelly.

Comment

• Mini Mouse
              Junior Zoner
              • Sep 2005

[squeak]I never make the same mistake twice.[/squeak]

Comment

• TheBrownBear
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by jp-era
                1) 21 of 37 56.8% for 302 yards 1 TD, 3 INT's rating-58.6
                2) 21 of 33 63.6% 188 yrds 1 TD, 3 INT's, rating-51.1
                3) 20 of 44 45.4% 193 yrds 0 TD, 2 INT's, rating-39.3

Ohh wait those were Peyton Mannings first 3 starts.

Please, please for the love of your fans and your team, get a frikkin clue about what young QB's should look like.
                Great Post! I was one of the impatient dimwits who was calling for JP's head yesterday after the game, but once I had some time to cool off I came to the conclusion that the Bills need to stick with Losman for the rest of the season (no matter how bad he plays at times). Look at how bad Eli Manning was at the beginning of last year and now he's a legitimate solid NFL starter. Same goes for Carson Palmer. We may go 4-12 this year, but if that means we go 11-5 next year with an experienced confident Losman then I'll take it. Holcomb is not going to win us any playoff games so there's really no point in handing him the job.

Comment

• Mini Mouse
                  Junior Zoner
                  • Sep 2005

[squeak]I like to walk off the field defeated with my head down.[/squeak]

Comment

• zone
                    No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                    • Oct 2003

Rank Player Team Yds Att Cmp TDs Ints Long Rating
                    3 Drew Bledsoe DAL 850 98 63 6 2 70 103.7
                    28 J.P. Losman BUF 358 79 38 1 1 42 60.0

Does anything else really need to be said?
                    www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by casdhf
                      JP will be fine, he really hasn't made alot of mistakes, or taken alot of sacks. I'm just disappointed with the playcalling, I don't think we've taken one shot deep in any of the frist three games. Doesn't MM remember Lee Evans burning D's last season?
                      our first two plays yesterday were deep passes....wide open reciever on one and no yards. There was a later play that EM got an interference.

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by zone
                        Rank Player Team Yds Att Cmp TDs Ints Long Rating
                        3 Drew Bledsoe DAL 850 98 63 6 2 70 103.7
                        28 J.P. Losman BUF 358 79 38 1 1 42 60.0

Does anything else really need to be said?
                        Yes.
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by colin
                          i was all for losman, still am, but the bottom line is the kid is not ready. some young guys need to sit a year, and some young guys need to sit for longer.

jp came out of school raw as hell, and he still isn't there. he lacks fundamentals and has so far been the worst passing QB in the NFL.

manning struggled early, but he was the most prepared guy to ever come into the NFL as a QB since Marino. he threw 28 TD his first year and had marshal faulk and not much else.

he also had a bad bad D that forced him to throw all the time, and was under pressure to score on a regular basis.

he made misreads and some bad throws, but he was always in the game and making things happen. JP is just sitting there, not running and not passing effectively.

Carr, Jeff George, Boeller, and a few other guys started too early. the guys who have sat for 1 year and then played well into their second year came in much better prepared than JP.

JP should have been sat for the first 4 games, we would be 2-1 if we started Kelly.
                          There is ZERO chance that you or any of the rest of the Losman haters would have posted support for Peyton after throwing 8 INT's in his first 3 games, ZERO chance. Its ridiculous, I wont entertain this JP has some other problem that Peyton didnt crap.

You all would have *****ed just as much if not more to cut, trade, or bench Peyton after his 3rd game for some Jim Sorgi, Jim Harbaugh, or insert other QB clown at that point.

Comment

• Mini Mouse
                            Junior Zoner
                            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Typ0
                            our first two plays yesterday were deep passes....wide open reciever on one and no yards. There was a later play that EM got an interference.
                            And the PI play was because the ball was underthrown so bad.

Comment

• X-Era
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TheBrownBear
                              Great Post! I was one of the impatient dimwits who was calling for JP's head yesterday after the game, but once I had some time to cool off I came to the conclusion that the Bills need to stick with Losman for the rest of the season (no matter how bad he plays at times). Look at how bad Eli Manning was at the beginning of last year and now he's a legitimate solid NFL starter. Same goes for Carson Palmer. We may go 4-12 this year, but if that means we go 11-5 next year with an experienced confident Losman then I'll take it. Holcomb is not going to win us any playoff games so there's really no point in handing him the job.
                              Thak you so much for putting my long thread in a vice. I tried hard to shorten and get to the meat of the matter and you did it so much better. AMEN brother! Keep the faith. Thats it right there in a nutshell. TD has already stated that sitting Losman does ZERO to help him move forward. He has to play now, he has to learn by experience. And every game that he sucks may be another game off the board until he plays like a champ. Its just like he has a certain number of games that it will take him to learn. The sooner we get through them, the sooner he starts playing like a champ.

Comment

Working...
                              X