PDA

View Full Version : Lets take a look at JP's stats shall we

X-Era
09-26-2005, 07:11 AM
1) 21 of 37 56.8% for 302 yards 1 TD, 3 INT's rating-58.6
2) 21 of 33 63.6% 188 yrds 1 TD, 3 INT's, rating-51.1
3) 20 of 44 45.4% 193 yrds 0 TD, 2 INT's, rating-39.3

Ohh wait those were Peyton Mannings first 3 starts.

Please, please for the love of your fans and your team, get a frikkin clue about what young QB's should look like.

BillsFever21
09-26-2005, 07:18 AM
Bills fans don't have the patience to try and groom a QB. They would rather have retreads with experience and keep going nowhere every year just to win 8 games instead of 6.

Buckets
09-26-2005, 07:27 AM
I for one get frustrated and scream at the tube but I am also willing to give the young guy a break. Yards after completion are also lacking.

Bufftp
09-26-2005, 07:45 AM
Well for most of the "anti-JP" and "start Holcomb" now group I believe they don't have patience because they want to win now. They believed that our D was Playoff even a championship caliber D and we had a shot. I used believed, because the D has demonstrated so far they are not championship caliber. With what looks like a season ending injury to Spikes they look less so.
I think we need to keep developing JP, and put away the fantasy about the rest of the team.

casdhf
09-26-2005, 07:53 AM
JP will be fine, he really hasn't made alot of mistakes, or taken alot of sacks. I'm just disappointed with the playcalling, I don't think we've taken one shot deep in any of the frist three games. Doesn't MM remember Lee Evans burning D's last season?

colin
09-26-2005, 07:59 AM
i was all for losman, still am, but the bottom line is the kid is not ready. some young guys need to sit a year, and some young guys need to sit for longer.

jp came out of school raw as hell, and he still isn't there. he lacks fundamentals and has so far been the worst passing QB in the NFL.

manning struggled early, but he was the most prepared guy to ever come into the NFL as a QB since Marino. he threw 28 TD his first year and had marshal faulk and not much else.

he also had a bad bad D that forced him to throw all the time, and was under pressure to score on a regular basis.

he made misreads and some bad throws, but he was always in the game and making things happen. JP is just sitting there, not running and not passing effectively.

Carr, Jeff George, Boeller, and a few other guys started too early. the guys who have sat for 1 year and then played well into their second year came in much better prepared than JP.

JP should have been sat for the first 4 games, we would be 2-1 if we started Kelly.

Mini Mouse
09-26-2005, 07:59 AM
I never make the same mistake twice.

TheBrownBear
09-26-2005, 08:15 AM

Please, please for the love of your fans and your team, get a frikkin clue about what young QB's should look like.
Great Post! I was one of the impatient dimwits who was calling for JP's head yesterday after the game, but once I had some time to cool off I came to the conclusion that the Bills need to stick with Losman for the rest of the season (no matter how bad he plays at times). Look at how bad Eli Manning was at the beginning of last year and now he's a legitimate solid NFL starter. Same goes for Carson Palmer. We may go 4-12 this year, but if that means we go 11-5 next year with an experienced confident Losman then I'll take it. Holcomb is not going to win us any playoff games so there's really no point in handing him the job.

Mini Mouse
09-26-2005, 08:17 AM
I like to walk off the field defeated with my head down.

zone
09-26-2005, 08:32 AM
Rank Player Team Yds Att Cmp TDs Ints Long Rating
3 Drew Bledsoe DAL 850 98 63 6 2 70 103.7
28 J.P. Losman BUF 358 79 38 1 1 42 60.0

Does anything else really need to be said?

Typ0
09-26-2005, 08:43 AM
JP will be fine, he really hasn't made alot of mistakes, or taken alot of sacks. I'm just disappointed with the playcalling, I don't think we've taken one shot deep in any of the frist three games. Doesn't MM remember Lee Evans burning D's last season?

our first two plays yesterday were deep passes....wide open reciever on one and no yards. There was a later play that EM got an interference.

Philagape
09-26-2005, 08:59 AM

Yes.

X-Era
09-26-2005, 10:55 AM
i was all for losman, still am, but the bottom line is the kid is not ready. some young guys need to sit a year, and some young guys need to sit for longer.

jp came out of school raw as hell, and he still isn't there. he lacks fundamentals and has so far been the worst passing QB in the NFL.

manning struggled early, but he was the most prepared guy to ever come into the NFL as a QB since Marino. he threw 28 TD his first year and had marshal faulk and not much else.

he also had a bad bad D that forced him to throw all the time, and was under pressure to score on a regular basis.

he made misreads and some bad throws, but he was always in the game and making things happen. JP is just sitting there, not running and not passing effectively.

Carr, Jeff George, Boeller, and a few other guys started too early. the guys who have sat for 1 year and then played well into their second year came in much better prepared than JP.

JP should have been sat for the first 4 games, we would be 2-1 if we started Kelly.
There is ZERO chance that you or any of the rest of the Losman haters would have posted support for Peyton after throwing 8 INT's in his first 3 games, ZERO chance. Its ridiculous, I wont entertain this JP has some other problem that Peyton didnt crap.

You all would have *****ed just as much if not more to cut, trade, or bench Peyton after his 3rd game for some Jim Sorgi, Jim Harbaugh, or insert other QB clown at that point.

Mini Mouse
09-26-2005, 10:57 AM
our first two plays yesterday were deep passes....wide open reciever on one and no yards. There was a later play that EM got an interference.
And the PI play was because the ball was underthrown so bad.

X-Era
09-26-2005, 11:00 AM
Great Post! I was one of the impatient dimwits who was calling for JP's head yesterday after the game, but once I had some time to cool off I came to the conclusion that the Bills need to stick with Losman for the rest of the season (no matter how bad he plays at times). Look at how bad Eli Manning was at the beginning of last year and now he's a legitimate solid NFL starter. Same goes for Carson Palmer. We may go 4-12 this year, but if that means we go 11-5 next year with an experienced confident Losman then I'll take it. Holcomb is not going to win us any playoff games so there's really no point in handing him the job.
Thak you so much for putting my long thread in a vice. I tried hard to shorten and get to the meat of the matter and you did it so much better. AMEN brother! Keep the faith. Thats it right there in a nutshell. TD has already stated that sitting Losman does ZERO to help him move forward. He has to play now, he has to learn by experience. And every game that he sucks may be another game off the board until he plays like a champ. Its just like he has a certain number of games that it will take him to learn. The sooner we get through them, the sooner he starts playing like a champ.

X-Era
09-26-2005, 11:04 AM

If I were you Id waste your postage to One Bills Drive with this. The decision is made, this is a Bills board. Anything else need to be said?

Ohh wait, maybe one more thing, if your point is that you were right we should have kept Drew. OK, Ill play along for a second.

Backpatting /ON

Your great, I wish you were the GM............But we still dont have Drew now and Losman is our starter. Did that get it out of your system or are you going to continue to pester your fellow fans with the "should have kept Drew" threads?

X-Era
09-26-2005, 11:08 AM
Both of JP's throws were very off the mark there on those plays, no doubt about it.

Now, set that aside, why are we throwing deep with our QB who is in his 3rd start? a supposed elite RB? a supposed stellar WR corp that could supposedly get open anywhere? with our o-line that was giving up way too many blitzes all game?

I cant understand why we arent playcalling to help JP out. I just didnt see plays that were obviously designed to help him not test him.

Mitchy moo
09-26-2005, 11:14 AM
Both of JP's throws were very off the mark there on those plays, no doubt about it.

Now, set that aside, why are we throwing deep with our QB who is in his 3rd start? a supposed elite RB? a supposed stellar WR corp that could supposedly get open anywhere? with our o-line that was giving up way too many blitzes all game?

I cant understand why we arent playcalling to help JP out. I just didnt see plays that were obviously designed to help him not test him.
Your right about the play calling but if your throwing a ball to the sidelines and have 2 receivers there and can't find either one of them, what are you to do?? JP may not be capable of making NFL type throws for a long time. He has over/under thrown some of the best receivers for 2 games now. He looks like a college rookie QB, not an NFL rookie QB.

Nic82
09-26-2005, 11:37 AM

I agree that the Bills should stick with Losman, but I like to think the Bills have a better team than the Colts had in Peyton's rookie season. Therefore it is not a perfect comparison.

Demon
09-26-2005, 11:44 AM
It's going to be real hard for a young QB to mold in Buffalo. The fans are just too passionate about the team. I'd be much easier to do it in a city where the coverage is only mainly on Sunday, and win or lose, life goes on. In Indy or Cincy, Losman would do fine. How many people in Cincy were dissing Palmer after he was stuggling after replacing Kitna who went to the pro bowl (i think) the year before? Palmer is now headed for the MVP trophy....

Losman IMO doesn't even look like he is developing. He is making horrible throws. His long passes are always off. Besides the long pass to Lee Evans in week 1, he's been way off on every long pass.

The only thing Losman has going for himself is a 5-6 pass to Josh Reed. And boy how thankful Losman must be that we didn't cut Reed huh??

How many times were WR's open in yesterday's game and Losman is just not looking? A guy who is scared everytime and too worried to look and just either runs and throws to first open reciever he sees, is not developing, he's just making himself look bad.

Out of the 3 games, how many drives did Losman have that you can honestly say, "wow, he looked really good on those 8-10 plays?" Probably zero.

X-Era
09-26-2005, 11:46 AM
I agree that the Bills should stick with Losman, but I like to think the Bills have a better team than the Colts had in Peyton's rookie season. Therefore it is not a perfect comparison.
Thats not worth that much as an arguement because to truly compare them you would have to look at everything and really it aint worth it. Point is that Peyton threw 8 INT's and it logically follows that most of those throws were at defenders. Hes one of the best ever now. And after 3 games they kept sticking with Peyton, after 3 games we cant mkae any call at all about what type of QB Losman will be when he grows up. Its just pointless, this post is meant to be a wake up call for those that expected Losman to pull a Rothlisberger, that was a fluke and what should be EXPECTED is much more like what Peyton did his first year.

bledslow
09-26-2005, 11:46 AM
There is ZERO chance that you or any of the rest of the Losman haters would have posted support for Peyton after throwing 8 INT's in his first 3 games, ZERO chance. Its ridiculous, I wont entertain this JP has some other problem that Peyton didnt crap.

You all would have *****ed just as much if not more to cut, trade, or bench Peyton after his 3rd game for some Jim Sorgi, Jim Harbaugh, or insert other QB clown at that point.

atleast with manning you could still see potential. with loserman,you see nothing but puke. if manning from his rookie year was on this years buf team,you would see much better stats then what loserman is puting up now. loserman is doing nothing with very good talent around him.jp should not have been drafted as high as he did. the bills gm is a ******. i dont think that i would even have spent a 4th rounder on loserman to tell you the truth,he is garbage. you are swallowing a huge amount of losman koolaid hype. holcomb needs to be put in immediately to save the season. NUFF SAID

X-Era
09-26-2005, 11:54 AM
atleast with manning you could still see potential. with loserman,you see nothing but puke. if manning from his rookie year was on this years buf team,you would see much better stats then what loserman is puting up now. loserman is doing nothing with very good talent around him.jp should not have been drafted as high as he did. the bills gm is a ******. i dont think that i would even have spent a 4th rounder on loserman to tell you the truth,he is garbage. you are swallowing a huge amount of losman koolaid hype. holcomb needs to be put in immediately to save the season. NUFF SAID
I started a slamming response but your not worth it, there are way too many fans out here who are willing to be a bit more patient in their thinking.

Your arguement is just plain wrong, our team isnt as good as you think it is. OR, our opponents have been much better than you think they are.

If you want to blame Losman for all your anger, go for it. I wish you luck with that.

zone
09-26-2005, 01:55 PM
It's going to be real hard for a young QB to mold in Buffalo. The fans are just too passionate about the team. I'd be much easier to do it in a city where the coverage is only mainly on Sunday, and win or lose, life goes on. In Indy or Cincy, Losman would do fine. How many people in Cincy were dissing Palmer after he was stuggling after replacing Kitna who went to the pro bowl (i think) the year before? Palmer is now headed for the MVP trophy....

Losman IMO doesn't even look like he is developing. He is making horrible throws. His long passes are always off. Besides the long pass to Lee Evans in week 1, he's been way off on every long pass.

The only thing Losman has going for himself is a 5-6 pass to Josh Reed. And boy how thankful Losman must be that we didn't cut Reed huh??

How many times were WR's open in yesterday's game and Losman is just not looking? A guy who is scared everytime and too worried to look and just either runs and throws to first open reciever he sees, is not developing, he's just making himself look bad.

Out of the 3 games, how many drives did Losman have that you can honestly say, "wow, he looked really good on those 8-10 plays?" Probably zero.
This is exactly right, I am fine with a rookie QB if we suck and it's a re-building period, but we were 1 game out of the playoffs last year 1!!! With a rookie head coach, why would we not try to build on that instead of starting over.

I don't care what anyone says I invest over $2500 in this team every year. I have a right to be pissed if my investment is not paying off.