Mini Mouse
09-26-2005, 08:31 AM
They tell most of it.

zone
09-26-2005, 08:34 AM
Rank Player Team Yds Att Cmp TDs Ints Long Rating
3 Drew Bledsoe DAL 850 98 63 6 2 70 103.7
28 J.P. Losman BUF 358 79 38 1 1 42 60.0

There story is easy Bledsoe is the #3 QB in the league Lossman is #28 in front of only Harrington and Plumer. Great choice when we had the chance to make the playoffs this year.

Mini Mouse
09-26-2005, 08:37 AM
Be patient zone. The rebuilding is only in it's 6th year. Another 6 more years and maybe we'll make the playoffs.

zone
09-26-2005, 08:46 AM
Yea I guess that's fine, but idots here compare Lossman to a guy that passed Joe Montana on the all time list yesterday and to P. Manning who threw more touchdown passes last year then anyone in the history of the NFL. It's just lame and old. The front office showed that they did not care about this year by getting rid of Drew. Bottom line end of story.

Then to top it off they had the balls to ask him to backup Lossman!!! LOL!!!!!!

colin
09-26-2005, 08:51 AM
meh

drew still wasn't a fit here, we don't have the pass blocking of the TE that would help bledsoe do what he does best. his weaknesses are just too hard for us to account for on this team for him to play well here.

that said, i figured we were better off with losman and holcomb because if losman sucked we would put in holcombe, who can pass the ball to an open WR which losman cannot.

if we put in holcombe we should be better off than last year when we had drew.

this of course assumes our D will play well, not great, but well

Meathead
09-26-2005, 08:54 AM
The Bills would be at least 2-1 with Bledsoe right now.

Deal wid it.

Philagape
09-26-2005, 08:56 AM
If Drew had still been here, his numbers would be MUCH closer to Losman's. He would have gotten killed in TB and against Atlanta and we'd still be 1-2. When I was watching his highlights yesterday, I kept saying "Wow, look at all the time he has." Drew had three years to prove himself here, and he failed over and over and over. JP has a long way to go before he equals the number of bad games Drew had.
Drew is a one-dimensional QB who needs perfect conditions to do well, and in Dallas he has a better line, better coaching and a stud TE. He was a known failure here, and it was the right call to go with the unknown.

Meathead
09-26-2005, 08:56 AM
And for the record, the Cowboys OL was supposed to be a weak link for them this season, definitely worse than the Bills.

BillsFever21
09-26-2005, 08:57 AM
We had a losing record with Bledsoe for 3 years but now all of a sudden he would've led us to the promise land.

I seem to remember us being 1-5 with Bledsoe last year and he totally stunk the place up during that time.

Philagape
09-26-2005, 08:57 AM
The Bills would be at least 2-1 with Bledsoe right now.

Deal wid it.

Nope. Atlanta would have eaten him alive.

zone
09-26-2005, 09:09 AM
I don't care what kind of situation you talk about Bledsoe even in his worst games could get the ball into the hands of Evans and Molds to allow them to make some plays . Evenas last year in 11 games was averaging around 77 yards a game and over 11 games had 9 touchdowns. This year through 3 games he only had 6 catches for 87 yards that's only 10 yards less than he would average in a game last year it's not that he is dropping balls it's that lossman isn't even coming close to getting any balls in his general area. Moulds last year average 65 yards a game this year he has 8 catches for 66 yards. People we are talking about 2 of the best recievers in the NFL and we can not get the ball in there hands. Anyone who has watched the first three games should be very afraid of were the season is going, and realize that the wrong choice was made at QB we should have let last years team finished what the started. On a side not we are obviously missing P. Williams as well.

BillsFever21
09-26-2005, 09:12 AM
[QUOTE=zone]we should have let last years team finished what the started. QUOTE]

Another non-playoff year and a loss to 3rd stringers in the last week of the season?

zone
09-26-2005, 09:14 AM
We had a losing record with Bledsoe for 3 years but now all of a sudden he would've led us to the promise land.

I seem to remember us being 1-5 with Bledsoe last year and he totally stunk the place up during that time.
In the first 3 games last year Bledsoe still had 600 yards passing and a qb rating inthe high 80's. The problem then was implementing a new system and a couple of close losses. We made the wrong choice, period.

zone
09-26-2005, 09:17 AM
[QUOTE=zone]we should have let last years team finished what the started. QUOTE]

Another non-playoff year and a loss to 3rd stringers in the last week of the season?
No after starting 0-4 winning 8 of there last 10 games with a new head coach. PS Willie Parker is no third stringer.

Philagape
09-26-2005, 09:25 AM
I don't care what kind of situation you talk about Bledsoe even in his worst games could get the ball into the hands of Evans and Molds to allow them to make some plays . Evenas last year in 11 games was averaging around 77 yards a game and over 11 games had 9 touchdowns. This year through 3 games he only had 6 catches for 87 yards that's only 10 yards less than he would average in a game last year it's not that he is dropping balls it's that lossman isn't even coming close to getting any balls in his general area. Moulds last year average 65 yards a game this year he has 8 catches for 66 yards. People we are talking about 2 of the best recievers in the NFL and we can not get the ball in there hands. Anyone who has watched the first three games should be very afraid of were the season is going, and realize that the wrong choice was made at QB we should have let last years team finished what the started. On a side not we are obviously missing P. Williams as well.

I've been afraid in Buffalo for two years, so nothing has changed. Last year's team HAD its chance to finish what it started, and it failed.

Mini Mouse
09-26-2005, 10:45 AM
This years team isn't even able to get started. That's my concern.

Mr. Cynical
09-26-2005, 11:03 AM
Fritos are delicious.

The_Philster
09-26-2005, 04:11 PM
Of course Drew has better numbers..he's in his 13th year and has already adapted to the NFL. JP is, in effect, a rookie

BAM
09-26-2005, 04:18 PM
we should have let last years team finished what the started. I agree with that 100%. Why change a good thing. We were on a roll last season 'till that last game. We're not on such a roll in the early stages here.

:idunno:

buffalofan19
09-26-2005, 04:26 PM
You can look at this in alot of different ways. I think Bledsoe would have performed better than Losman yesterday simply because of his experience, but I can not say how much better. Right now, I am not sure any quarterback can do that well behind that offensive line, not Losman, Holcomb, Bledsoe, or even Brady or Manning (ok, maybe Vick because he apparently doesn't need an offensive line---that was partially sarcasm). The line is horrible, and Mike Williams doesn't help matters. This line is just as bad as last year's line and that is not getting the Bills to the playoffs.