PDA

View Full Version : We all knew J.P. would cost us some games...

Stewie
09-26-2005, 08:48 AM
... and it looks like this is the first game you can put squarely on his shoulders.

Yes, maybe we should have used multiple-wr sets to take advantage of their secondary. But when your QB is completing less than 50% and your RB is having a good game, why take the chance at frequent interceptions while losing the time of possession battle?

And in no way should we bench J.P... Kelly Holcomb is not the long term answer; ask Cleveland. Give J.P. the full year, and look for improvement towards the end of the season.

OpIv37
09-26-2005, 09:09 AM
JP sucked this game but there are two things that really have me concerned.

1. how bad JP really looks. He's missing wide open receivers- every pass seems to be off target.
2. Our D SUCKS. JP did his part to lose the game, but the D certainly choked as well.

Mini Mouse
09-26-2005, 09:28 AM
Same here OP. I didn't expect Mini Mouse to tear up the league, but I didn't expect him to suck this bad.

Stewie
09-26-2005, 09:37 AM
JP sucked this game but there are two things that really have me concerned.

1. how bad JP really looks. He's missing wide open receivers- every pass seems to be off target.
2. Our D SUCKS. JP did his part to lose the game, but the D certainly choked as well.

I agree the inaccurate passes are disheartening. I hope the underlying cause is that J.P. is pressing too hard. If it is, that problem will correct itself as he gains experience and the game 'slows down'.

However, I don't think our D sucks. In the two losses, we were within a touchdown till later in the game. Even against Tampa, as horribly as we played in the first half (0 first downs) our D made it so we were within a touchdown of taking the lead in the 3rd quarter. That's all I can really ask of them.

TacklingDummy
09-26-2005, 09:39 AM
What about the Tampa game? He didn't do his fair share in that loss also? 12/28 113 yards. First 7 times the Bills Offense had the ball it was 5 plays or less.

Some people want to blame the defense for giving up rushing yards against Tampa. We'll didn't they give up more against Atlanta?

And the Defense did its part against Houston. Yet JP led the team to FG's instead of TDs. And he did next to nothing after the 1st qtr.