X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Bills need to do a better job on 3rd down

All the squawking about individual players is silly, look at the problems and try to fix them.

The #1 issue, IMO, is 3rd down. On offense, Buffalo is only coverting at a 31% clip. On defense, the Bills' are allowing a 47% conversion rate. That is through 3 games, and it hasn't been getting better. That, in a nutshell, is what they should focus on on both sides of the ball.

Losman is going to take his lumps, but you knew that going in, and he will get better. It is easy to criticize the kid for his poor play, but bottom line he has to do a better job recognizing situations and staying with the gameplan. Right now, I think Buffalo is a little too conservative and focused on having him limit turnovers, and mentally he is so focused on that he is not executing. Throw downfield on occasion, show some confidence in the kid. Eric Moulds said as much, and I agree with him.

Losman is going to make mistakes, but they aren't the end of the world. However, you can't have him so focused on not turning the ball over that he plays tight. He needs to play loose and let his talent show, while recognizing he will take his lumps on occasion.

Most importantly, the team needs to do a better job on 3rd down on both offense and defense.
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills need to do a better job on 3rd down

I agree. The 3 and outs are leading to our D giving up big plays, when we were running last year and the D was fresh, they were great. Now what we're getting 200 total hards a game, no defense can over come that.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Crisis
      • Aug 2004

Re: Bills need to do a better job on 3rd down

Not only the offense on 3rd, but the defense too.

Finnernan was killing us on 3rd and longs all day and keeping their touchdown drives going.
      Originally posted by LOSman WINS
      Vanek is Austrian not European
      Originally posted by Prov401
      Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
      Originally posted by better days
      I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
      X