PDA

View Full Version : Refs sucked...again

BuffaloRanger
09-26-2005, 10:14 AM
A team cannot overcome poor play calling, poor QBing, and incompetent/crooked refs.

All you whiney know-it-alls will say refs shouldn't make a difference. But they do. Ask the Pats. They finally had a call, actually 2 calls go against them in the Panthers game.

How does the head ref overrule the line judge who is 10 feet away and calls pass interference on 3rd and long? Seriously. The head refs duty on a passing play is to be looking at the QB. How could he corect the line judge from 30 yards away? That picked up flag was huge.

Bills second last drive. After 3rd down, a ref spots the ball. The head ref then came in and moved it back 2 feet. Bring out the chains...Bills short 1 foot. 4th down. QB sneak. Ball is marked. Head ref again moves the ball back 1 foot from initial spot. Bring out the chains, Bills short 6 inches.

On JPs fumble - how did the ball come out of his hand as a spiral if the ball was knocked out before his hand was moving forward?

In conclusion: JP misses open WRs. Bills don't throw downfield enough against weak DBs, to at least draw penalties.

Mularky/Clements take out WM on 3rd/2 play in the red zone to pitch the ball to the Bills 5th WR. Smith has plenty of room to run, and lead blockers, but considering he rarely gets a handoff, he runs right into the tackler.

Refs are either incompetent or the NFL really wants to sell more Vick jerseys.

OpIv37
09-26-2005, 10:16 AM
I think the fumble by JP was the right call. The PI and the spots were BS. So was the first personal foul against the Bills and the non-call when Vick intentionally grounded the ball.

The refs were horrendous but the team played so bad that I don't think it would have made a difference.

Mini Mouse
09-26-2005, 10:23 AM
Refs suck in every game. And the calls always go both ways.

BuffaloRanger
09-26-2005, 10:26 AM
Add to that Vick getting in the refs face with his helmet off, then having to be pulled away from the ref by his teammates. If that was a Bill, there would have been a flag.

Of course that wouldn't have mattered. After the final review, Vick just had to kneel it. But it's the point.

It just sucks that every week the Bills have to play 2 teams, the other football team, and the refs.

BuffaloRanger
09-26-2005, 10:27 AM
Refs suck in every game. And the calls always go both ways.

You are wrong. Not one call went against the Falcons.

Mini Mouse
09-26-2005, 10:29 AM
You are wrong. Not one call went against the Falcons.
How about the PI on the long Moulds pass? There were a few we lucked out on.

Blame JP, not the refs.

The King
09-26-2005, 10:30 AM
What I dont understand, is how the ref protect Vick. If anything they should be more leniant to Buffalo when it comes to going after Vick. You have to dive at him when you get the chance because he runs all the damn time. As a defender you have no idea what he is going to do you have to make the move when you have the chance.

But it seems to be the exact opposite, the refs protect him more than most other QB's.

OpIv37
09-26-2005, 10:33 AM
What I dont understand, is how the ref protect Vick. If anything they should be more leniant to Buffalo when it comes to going after Vick. You have to dive at him when you get the chance because he runs all the damn time. As a defender you have no idea what he is going to do you have to make the move when you have the chance.

But it seems to be the exact opposite, the refs protect him more than most other QB's.

because he sells tickets and merchandise. The NFL doesn't want to see an injury or a bunch of flags on their most marketable player.

The King
09-26-2005, 10:38 AM
well thats fair.

BillsFanCupp38
09-26-2005, 10:39 AM
That pass interference call on Moulds was HUGE. What i dont understand is how can you throw a flag and then pick it up. You obviously must have saw something wrong because you threw the flag in the first place. I think we got robbed hardcore.

BuffaloRanger
09-26-2005, 10:39 AM
because he sells tickets and merchandise. The NFL doesn't want to see an injury or a bunch of flags on their most marketable player.

Bingo! They NFL stepped in within 24 hours to stop the Mexico jerseys.

Vick is the NFL's cash cow.

BuffaloRanger
09-26-2005, 10:44 AM
That pass interference call on Moulds was HUGE. What i dont understand is how can you throw a flag and then pick it up. You obviously must have saw something wrong because you threw the flag in the first place. I think we got robbed hardcore.

When they showed the refs meeting to discuss the call I started screaming "they are going to pick up the flag!" My friend sitting next to me said "Shut up! You don't know that!" When they announced no penalty, I gave my friend got the "double duece" salute right in his face along with a big "I fraking told you, *****!"

Mitchy moo
09-26-2005, 10:57 AM
When they showed the refs meeting to discuss the call I started screaming "they are going to pick up the flag!" My friend sitting next to me said "Shut up! You don't know that!" When they announced no penalty, I gave my friend got the "double duece" salute right in his face along with a big "I fraking told you, *****!"
No one in the NFL wants to see the Bills make the Playoffs or the superbowl again. We cursed the NFL for 4 years and ruined the ratings at that time. NE goes into the show and they have the east coast rocking. We go in and who is rocking, some guy in salamanca?? It's based on Money and the Bills do not bring it in. When the head Ref decides against the people supposed to be watching the plays, that tells you we aren't going to get things in our favor.

mysticsoto
09-26-2005, 11:00 AM
I think the fumble by JP was the right call. The PI and the spots were BS. So was the first personal foul against the Bills and the non-call when Vick intentionally grounded the ball.

The refs were horrendous but the team played so bad that I don't think it would have made a difference.
I disagree. The score of this game was close throughout - in the 3rd quarter it was 17-16 and even the ending score was still one score away (a touchdown and a 2 pt conversion). Any overturned bad play call could have changed the outcome of this game...

don137
09-26-2005, 11:44 AM
The first roughing the passer call was total garbage. Vick was hit as he unloaded. I agree the refs are protecting Vick.
However, the reason the Bills lost is not because of the officials. Buffalo had their chances on both sides of the ball and did not get it done.

BuffaloRanger
09-26-2005, 12:14 PM
A great team can overcome poor calls. The Bills are not a great team yet.

I am not blaming the refs entirely for the loss. But there is no way the Bills could have beat the Falcons AND the refs yesterday.

What happens to that drive if the PI call on Moulds stands? What happens to the other drive if not for the two horrible spots?

It's easy to say the team should have played better. If they did, I am sure the refs would have made more questionable calls to stop those drives too.

The_Philster
09-26-2005, 04:23 PM
You are wrong. Not one call went against the Falcons.I've yet to look at the tape but from where I was sitting, the roughing the passer call when they got JP looked a bit shaky just like the ones on herpes boy seemed to be which would mean, yes, we got the benefit of one bad call

AndreReed83
09-26-2005, 04:34 PM
My father actually talked to a former NFL player last week (as my dad is getting older, his memory for names of people he recently meet fades, I'll call him later and find out who it was). The topic of refs came up. The player said that the official crew gets together before a game and they decide what penalties they are going to focus on calling for each team in the game. He also went on to say that the refs basically dictate the outcome of every game.

DynaPaul
09-26-2005, 04:40 PM
Refs are either incompetent or the NFL really wants to sell more Vick jerseys.

I said it in another thread, Vick is the Michael Jordan of the NFL. Untouchable, gets all the calls. The NFL doesn't wan't their marketing machine to look bad by having a losing record.

BAM
09-26-2005, 04:41 PM
I disagree. The score of this game was close throughout - in the 3rd quarter it was 17-16 and even the ending score was still one score away (a touchdown and a 2 pt conversion). Any overturned bad play call could have changed the outcome of this game...
Right on! Bills only lost by 8 points. 8 Freekin' points. A couple reversed calls here and there and the Bills are victorious. What's done is done though.

I don't blame the refs, or JP for that matter. I blame the whole team, definitely including coaches.

BAM
09-26-2005, 04:42 PM
My father actually talked to a former NFL player last week (as my dad is getting older, his memory for names of people he recently meet fades, I'll call him later and find out who it was). The topic of refs came up. The player said that the official crew gets together before a game and they decide what penalties they are going to focus on calling for each team in the game. He also went on to say that the refs basically dictate the outcome of every game.
I find this very hard to believe.

AndreReed83
09-26-2005, 04:51 PM
I find this very hard to believe.

I don't at all. If you watch the games: (More often then not) teams will be called on the same, certain penalties during the game. Plus, officials very much do determine the outcomes of games. Seems like every two plays there is a penalty.

mybills
09-26-2005, 04:56 PM
That PI BS pissed me off the most..how the hell did he get away with that? That was a huge gain we had, and that pissed off the refs. :down:

RedEyE
09-26-2005, 05:05 PM
If a flag is thrown on a PI play, then the right thing for the refs to do is let the penalty lie. If the penalized team feels that the refs were wrong, then that team then has the option to throw a flag of their own. The red flag. That's exactly what instant reply is for.

....and still I've seen the same outcome week after a week. Refs deciding a game rather than adding legitmacy to the instant replay tapes. Make the call so that there can be a replay. If you don't make the call, the rule is that a replay for a non-call (or picked up flag) cannot be persued. Total BS, IMO.

helmetguy
09-26-2005, 05:14 PM
One problem with your thesis, Red. Pass interference is not instant replay reviewable.