• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloRanger
    WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
    • Mar 2003

Refs sucked...again

A team cannot overcome poor play calling, poor QBing, and incompetent/crooked refs.

All you whiney know-it-alls will say refs shouldn't make a difference. But they do. Ask the Pats. They finally had a call, actually 2 calls go against them in the Panthers game.

How does the head ref overrule the line judge who is 10 feet away and calls pass interference on 3rd and long? Seriously. The head refs duty on a passing play is to be looking at the QB. How could he corect the line judge from 30 yards away? That picked up flag was huge.

Bills second last drive. After 3rd down, a ref spots the ball. The head ref then came in and moved it back 2 feet. Bring out the chains...Bills short 1 foot. 4th down. QB sneak. Ball is marked. Head ref again moves the ball back 1 foot from initial spot. Bring out the chains, Bills short 6 inches.

On JPs fumble - how did the ball come out of his hand as a spiral if the ball was knocked out before his hand was moving forward?

In conclusion: JP misses open WRs. Bills don't throw downfield enough against weak DBs, to at least draw penalties.

Mularky/Clements take out WM on 3rd/2 play in the red zone to pitch the ball to the Bills 5th WR. Smith has plenty of room to run, and lead blockers, but considering he rarely gets a handoff, he runs right into the tackler.

Refs are either incompetent or the NFL really wants to sell more Vick jerseys.
    Buffalo Only and Always.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Refs sucked...again

I think the fumble by JP was the right call. The PI and the spots were BS. So was the first personal foul against the Bills and the non-call when Vick intentionally grounded the ball.

The refs were horrendous but the team played so bad that I don't think it would have made a difference.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mini Mouse
      Junior Zoner
      • Sep 2005

Refs suck in every game. And the calls always go both ways.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
        • Mar 2003

Add to that Vick getting in the refs face with his helmet off, then having to be pulled away from the ref by his teammates. If that was a Bill, there would have been a flag.

Of course that wouldn't have mattered. After the final review, Vick just had to kneel it. But it's the point.

It just sucks that every week the Bills have to play 2 teams, the other football team, and the refs.
        Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mini Mouse
          Refs suck in every game. And the calls always go both ways.
          You are wrong. Not one call went against the Falcons.
          Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• Mini Mouse
            Junior Zoner
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
            You are wrong. Not one call went against the Falcons.
            How about the PI on the long Moulds pass? There were a few we lucked out on.

Blame JP, not the refs.

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

What I dont understand, is how the ref protect Vick. If anything they should be more leniant to Buffalo when it comes to going after Vick. You have to dive at him when you get the chance because he runs all the damn time. As a defender you have no idea what he is going to do you have to make the move when you have the chance.

But it seems to be the exact opposite, the refs protect him more than most other QB's.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
                What I dont understand, is how the ref protect Vick. If anything they should be more leniant to Buffalo when it comes to going after Vick. You have to dive at him when you get the chance because he runs all the damn time. As a defender you have no idea what he is going to do you have to make the move when you have the chance.

But it seems to be the exact opposite, the refs protect him more than most other QB's.
                because he sells tickets and merchandise. The NFL doesn't want to see an injury or a bunch of flags on their most marketable player.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
                  Without me it's just Awe so
                  • Jun 2004

well thats fair.
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                  He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                  mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• BillsFanCupp38
                    • Mar 2004

That pass interference call on Moulds was HUGE. What i dont understand is how can you throw a flag and then pick it up. You obviously must have saw something wrong because you threw the flag in the first place. I think we got robbed hardcore.
                    Jeremy Cupp

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      because he sells tickets and merchandise. The NFL doesn't want to see an injury or a bunch of flags on their most marketable player.

Bingo! They NFL stepped in within 24 hours to stop the Mexico jerseys.

Vick is the NFL's cash cow.
                      Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by BillsFanCupp38
                        That pass interference call on Moulds was HUGE. What i dont understand is how can you throw a flag and then pick it up. You obviously must have saw something wrong because you threw the flag in the first place. I think we got robbed hardcore.

When they showed the refs meeting to discuss the call I started screaming "they are going to pick up the flag!" My friend sitting next to me said "Shut up! You don't know that!" When they announced no penalty, I gave my friend got the "double duece" salute right in his face along with a big "I fraking told you, *****!"
                        Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
                          When they showed the refs meeting to discuss the call I started screaming "they are going to pick up the flag!" My friend sitting next to me said "Shut up! You don't know that!" When they announced no penalty, I gave my friend got the "double duece" salute right in his face along with a big "I fraking told you, *****!"
                          No one in the NFL wants to see the Bills make the Playoffs or the superbowl again. We cursed the NFL for 4 years and ruined the ratings at that time. NE goes into the show and they have the east coast rocking. We go in and who is rocking, some guy in salamanca?? It's based on Money and the Bills do not bring it in. When the head Ref decides against the people supposed to be watching the plays, that tells you we aren't going to get things in our favor.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            I think the fumble by JP was the right call. The PI and the spots were BS. So was the first personal foul against the Bills and the non-call when Vick intentionally grounded the ball.

The refs were horrendous but the team played so bad that I don't think it would have made a difference.
                            I disagree. The score of this game was close throughout - in the 3rd quarter it was 17-16 and even the ending score was still one score away (a touchdown and a 2 pt conversion). Any overturned bad play call could have changed the outcome of this game...

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

The first roughing the passer call was total garbage. Vick was hit as he unloaded. I agree the refs are protecting Vick.
                              However, the reason the Bills lost is not because of the officials. Buffalo had their chances on both sides of the ball and did not get it done.

Comment

Working...
                              X