PDA

View Full Version : It's Official - Spikes gone for the season

Tatonka
09-26-2005, 10:57 AM
just got a text message, per Vcoach from verizon wireless.

i really feel like i could cry right now.

Mitchy moo
09-26-2005, 10:58 AM

I have been crying for 2 weeks now, now I need valium.

Tatonka
09-26-2005, 10:59 AM
sorry.. i didnt see OPs thread.. can a mod merge them please.

Forward_Lateral
09-26-2005, 10:59 AM
It's also on the front page of bb.com. I feel sick. TKO is such a warrior and hard worker, I know he's going to recover. Let's hope that the teams doesn't fall totally apart. 2 things usually happen when you lose a player of TKO's magnitude. Either a.) the D will gell and everyone will pick up the slack and play their tails off or b.) the D will quit and the team will suffer big time. I really don't know what to expect from this team.

Novacane
09-26-2005, 11:00 AM
after Willis, Takeo is prolly the player we could least afford to lose. This sucks so bad.

BAM
09-26-2005, 11:07 AM
Let's start another thread about this please. I feel the need to be reminded over and over about this injury.

Thanks.

:snicker:

Tatonka
09-26-2005, 11:09 AM
this is the only "official" thread.

:couch:

BAM
09-26-2005, 11:09 AM
haha just messin'.

This ****in' sucks dude.

:wail:

X-Era
09-26-2005, 11:13 AM

I feel your pain about our loss. But there are 22 starters + a few for ST but they dont count really :) 53 active, and Haggan played pretty well as far as Im concerned.

Hes one player on one of our strongest areas on our team. If it was McGahee who doesnt hold a candle or the toilet paper for Spikes as far as Im concerned Id feel a hell of alot worse.

I just feel that we can still win games with Haggan and Fletcher/Posey stepping it up even more.

But, DAMN I love watching the guy and I wish he wasnt hurt like that. Im worried about it being career ending.

hammerbillsfan
09-26-2005, 11:14 AM
This stinks :down:

The King
09-26-2005, 11:18 AM
http://buffalobills.com/uploads/homepage_story/28599922846F4360B18CEA768BB32C9B.jpg

This ****ing kills me. Fletcher needs to step up and be the vocal leader now. We are fortunate however. We have guys who are very capable of leading this defense and using this as a turning point. Between Fletch, Troy and Lawyer we can still light a spark.

We need to tee off on New Orleans next week, we need to beat them like a red-headed step child.

Forward_Lateral
09-26-2005, 11:18 AM
I feel your pain about our loss. But there are 22 starters + a few for ST but they dont count really :) 53 active, and Haggan played pretty well as far as Im concerned.

Hes one player on one of our strongest areas on our team. If it was McGahee who doesnt hold a candle or the toilet paper for Spikes as far as Im concerned Id feel a hell of alot worse.

I just feel that we can still win games with Haggan and Fletcher/Posey stepping it up even more.

But, DAMN I love watching the guy and I wish he wasnt hurt like that. Im worried about it being career ending.
That would be great, but Crowell stepped in for Spikes, not Hagan.

Static
09-26-2005, 11:20 AM
Sorry to here that guys....i hate when a good player or any player (well except for rodney harrison) goes down with an injury

hammerbillsfan
09-26-2005, 11:23 AM
Here's the link if you are lazy:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2172743

The King
09-26-2005, 11:28 AM
What LBers do we use in the Nickel package now?

Forward_Lateral
09-26-2005, 11:31 AM
What LBers do we use in the Nickel package now?
I'd guess Fletch and Posey? I'm not sure how good Crowell is in coverage. Maybe we'll see more sacks from Posey now. :idunno:

BillsFever21
09-26-2005, 11:33 AM
The season is over. Our defense hasn't been very good with him in the lineup. We will really suck now that he's gone.

Demon
09-26-2005, 11:35 AM
Angelo Crowell has to be thrown into the fire, and he can not be as weak as he was vs. Atlanta.

How many rushing yards did Atlanta have pre Spikes getting hurt and after? Warrick Dunn ran 53 yards the play after he gets hurt.

Spikes is the least affordable player we can lose on the defense, he was the leader and he showed players how to get it down.

This is going to be a very long season, i think this pretty much ends playoff hopes.

Still gotta believe, but anyone out there seriously thinking we're making the playoffs is out of their minds. We basicially have no QB and our best defensive player is gone.

BAM
09-26-2005, 11:39 AM
The season is over.. the season is over!

I remember reading very similar posts (over and over) last season after the 0-4 debacle.

While they ended up being right afterall, with one more decent game the Bills were in the playoffs. Nothing is impossible, hell Miami beat Carolina yesterday. :wtf:

footballhottie
09-26-2005, 11:41 AM
someone pass the prozac :teary:

Demon
09-26-2005, 11:46 AM

I remember reading very similar posts (over and over) last season after the 0-4 debacle.

While they ended up being right afterall, with one more decent game the Bills were in the playoffs. Nothing is impossible, hell Miami beat Carolina yesterday. :wtf:

You can honestly sit there and without laughing, tell me this team can still make the playoffs ??

casdhf
09-26-2005, 11:48 AM
**** that, I need a beer. anyone wanna do shotguns?

X-Era
09-26-2005, 11:48 AM
That would be great, but Crowell stepped in for Spikes, not Hagan.
UGGHHH, sorry, my bad. I kept doing that at the game too yesterday. Here, #55 played well when he stepped in yesterday, maybe he will keep it up.

BAM
09-26-2005, 11:50 AM
You can honestly sit there and without laughing, tell me this team can still make the playoffs ??
Why not. I'm not saying to bet your life's savings on it, but untill they are mathematically eliminated, hell yes we can.

:hump:

Demon
09-26-2005, 11:50 AM
**** that, I need a beer. anyone wanna do shotguns?

haha seriously........ if anyone in rochester, ny wants to drink this day off tonight i'd definetly meet them at a bar and forget this ever happened.

hammerbillsfan
09-26-2005, 11:52 AM
haha seriously........ if anyone in rochester, ny wants to drink this day off tonight i'd definetly meet them at a bar and forget this ever happened.
Wish I was closer.
:beer: :cheers: :beers:

Iehoshua
09-26-2005, 11:52 AM
NOOOoooOOOoooOOOOOOooooooOooOooO!

Seventeen&0
09-26-2005, 12:13 PM

Sorry to hear about TKO...love him as a player. I can't believe how many people on this site have such a "THE SKY IS FALLING" attitude. We've played three fricken games. No team makes it to the championship without some adversity.

On another note, Miami is a lot better than we're getting credit for. Our OLine is playing ten times better than last year. Yesterday we gave up zero sacks to a good Carolina team. Ronnie Brown is the real deal. He missed three weeks of training camp and is now starting to get into shape. Also, our run defense is top notch. Our DLine is stout, Keith Traylor, Vonnie Holiday and Kevin Carter were huge pickups for us in the offseason. And our linebackers are making a lot of plays. On defense our only weakness is our secondary, which we've been able to hide a little bit with the good pass rush.

We play you guys in two weeks and I'm really looking forward to it. Then the following week we get Ricky back and who knows what that's going to bring??

Anyways, sorry to hear about Spikes, but I'm sure you guys will still compete.

BAM
09-26-2005, 12:19 PM
Great post, Seventeen. Nice to see another intelligent rival fan making an appearance. It doesn't happen very often.

Anyways, this "The Sky is Falling" syndrome you are bearing witness to is a regular occurence here. Being a Bills fan is like riding the Super-Dooper-Looper (for anyone who has been to Hershey Park). Constant fluxuation of ups and downs... the only problem I have is that some people are overly negative, IMO. I guess I just don't let things get to me as much as others, I dunno.

I was really just kidding about Miami beating Carolina though. I will say that so far the Dolphins look to be quite improved. Who knows how long that lasts though. Parity is a mofo. I am really anxious to see that game in a couple weeks to see how each of us stacks up to one another, not to mention our game versus the Pats a little later. Should be an interesting year for the AFCE.

BillsFanCupp38
09-26-2005, 12:24 PM
As much as i love TKO, he wasnt the whole defense. We still have great players dont forget. It seriously breaks my heart to hear this. The guy loves the game and has never had an injury like this before. Its probably killing him more than its killing us. I feel horrible right now, but the world doesnt stop turning just because the football gods threw us a curve ball. The team can step it up and win ball games, it will showe the true mark of a championship team.

L.A. Playa
09-26-2005, 12:25 PM
I look at it this way every team goes through a tough stretch I think I remember several people posting starting 2-2 would be a great start for this team. Well Guess what with a win next week we will be 2-2. The AFCE is going to be tight with all 4 teams all year. NE lost a key defensice player and a starting OL yesterday also, Look at Big Ben he is really not that far ahead of JP he looked like crap except maybe 3 throws yesterday. The defnse can bounce back without TKO and I was one Bills fan that expected Miami to be in the mix of things in the AFCE this year. It is a long year the key will be winning division games. Keep your heads up football is just entertainment its not life

TacklingDummy
09-26-2005, 12:29 PM
Bills should cut Spikes after the season. Sam Cowart was a good LB before his ACL and he isn't the player he use to be.

OpIv37
09-26-2005, 12:38 PM
Bills should cut Spikes after the season. Sam Cowart was a good LB before his ACL and he isn't the player he use to be.

negged. If we used that logic about knee injuries, we'd have Henry instead of McGahee.

Iehoshua
09-26-2005, 12:39 PM
So this is automatically the case with everyone?

TacklingDummy
09-26-2005, 12:42 PM
So this is automatically the case with everyone?

No. Its the only LB I can think of that had an ACL injury, He hasn't been the same since. Can you give me a example of a LB who had an ACL injury that returned to be what he use to be?

That way I don't feel so bad about it.

Seventeen&0
09-26-2005, 12:43 PM
Great post, Seventeen. Nice to see another intelligent rival fan making an appearance. It doesn't happen very often.

Anyways, this "The Sky is Falling" syndrome you are bearing witness to is a regular occurence here. Being a Bills fan is like riding the Super-Dooper-Looper (for anyone who has been to Hershey Park). Constant fluxuation of ups and downs... the only problem I have is that some people are overly negative, IMO. I guess I just don't let things get to me as much as others, I dunno.

I was really just kidding about Miami beating Carolina though. I will say that so far the Dolphins look to be quite improved. Who knows how long that lasts though. Parity is a mofo. I am really anxious to see that game in a couple weeks to see how each of us stacks up to one another, not to mention our game versus the Pats a little later. Should be an interesting year for the AFCE.
LOL, ya, it's funny, on the Dolphin's board it's the same thing. The prior week, after we lost to the Jets, it was doom and gloom for the most part. But that's natural after a loss and having a key player gone for the year.

The parity thing is why football is so much fun now. Any team can win it all. That's why New England winning it three out of four years is sooo amazing.

Seventeen&0
09-26-2005, 12:45 PM
As much as i love TKO, he wasnt the whole defense. We still have great players dont forget. It seriously breaks my heart to hear this. The guy loves the game and has never had an injury like this before. Its probably killing him more than its killing us. I feel horrible right now, but the world doesnt stop turning just because the football gods threw us a curve ball. The team can step it up and win ball games, it will showe the true mark of a championship team.

cough** New England **cough

OpIv37
09-26-2005, 12:52 PM
As much as i love TKO, he wasnt the whole defense. We still have great players dont forget.... it will showe the true mark of a championship team.

show the mark of a true championship team like we did by giving up 200 yards rushing in each of the last two games.

Would anyone expect the Colts to do well without Manning? The Ravens without Ray Lewis? The Chargers without LT? Look what happened to Atlanta two years ago when Vick went down.

NE is the exception, not the rule.

Iehoshua
09-26-2005, 12:53 PM
No. Its the only LB I can think of that had an ACL injury, He hasn't been the same since. Can you give me a example of a LB who had an ACL injury that returned to be what he use to be?

That way I don't feel so bad about it.
First off, ACL is in the knee, Achillies in the ankle. Spikes tore his Achillies. You don't have the facts straight.

TacklingDummy
09-26-2005, 12:59 PM
2001 Started season opener vs. New Orleans (9/9) and posted a tackle before suffering a season-ending Achilles injury...Was placed on injured reserve on 9/26/01.

ok ok wasn't his ACL, according to this it was his Achilles, is it the same injury Spikes has?

Iehoshua
09-26-2005, 01:10 PM
Cowart 1 year after his injury:

2002 Started in all 16 games at WLB and led the Jets in tackles in 10 of those games...Led the team with 154 tackles and also posted a career-high 8 passes defensed...Tied a season-high with 14 tackles and added a sack of Leon Johnson on a RB option pass at Chicago (12/15)...Also posted 14 tackles the previous week vs. Denver (12/8)...Recorded 13 tackles in his Jets' debut at Buffalo (9/8), playing against his former team for the 1st time...Received co-defensive player of the game honors vs. Miami (11/10) when he posted 10 tackles, 2 tackles for loss, and 2 passes defensed...Had 11 tackles and a pass defensed vs. Cleveland (10/27)...Recorded 5 tackles and a sack of WR Patrick Johnson on a reverse pass play at Jacksonville (9/29)...Posted 7 tackles in Divisional playoff at Oakland (1/12/03).

He's been plagued with a knee injury but his Achillies seems to have healed fine.

No need to explain this to you anyway since all you are is negative about everything, TacklingDummy. Your nickname is very accurate at least! :up:

TacklingDummy
09-26-2005, 01:14 PM
Your nickname is very accurate at least! :up:

I know. The Bills last 3 QB's have been nothing but Tackling Dummies.

footballhottie
09-26-2005, 02:54 PM
It is offical Angelo Crowell will replace TKO

OpIv37
09-26-2005, 02:56 PM
you mean Crowell will play TKO's position- you can't just replace someone like TKO that easily

footballhottie
09-26-2005, 02:59 PM
Face the facts...he's out for a looooooooong time. So yes in my mind this is a replacement.

Ngxtreme13
09-26-2005, 03:01 PM
you mean Crowell will play TKO's position- you can't just replace someone like TKO that easily

ok so ur saying we should just leave the postion vacant until they get good enough

Iehoshua
09-26-2005, 03:03 PM
This thread isn't a news update. Already been posted.

footballhottie
09-26-2005, 03:05 PM
It just became offical like 20 minutes ago...and yes it is a replacement....get over it TKO is gone for a long time.

Iehoshua
09-26-2005, 03:09 PM
It just became offical like 20 minutes ago...and yes it is a replacement....get over it TKO is gone for a long time.
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=81382

This thread was started before noon. Non-news. Let me start a thread saying "Darth's News: Bills lose to Falcons." Same thing.
:dizzy:

The last buffalo fan
09-26-2005, 03:09 PM
Gracias preciosa!!

footballhottie
09-26-2005, 03:10 PM
just trying to help...christ

Iehoshua
09-26-2005, 03:12 PM
just trying to put my name on another thread...christ
It's cool, no prob! I understand! :up:

footballhottie
09-26-2005, 03:15 PM
:tongue: I'm going to have the last buffalo fan beat you up

Iehoshua
09-26-2005, 03:16 PM
:nervous:

Okay okay, I take it back.

:sorry:

footballhottie
09-26-2005, 03:20 PM
good u better be

OpIv37
09-26-2005, 03:30 PM

ok so ur saying we should just leave the postion vacant until they get good enough

read the post before you comment. I didn't say we should leave the position vacant- I said Crowell won't be capable of replacing Spikes. If your Escalade got totalled and the insurance company gave you a '78 Pinto, would you consider that a "replacement"?

Iehoshua
09-26-2005, 03:40 PM
If your Escalade got totalled and the insurance company gave you a '78 Pinto, would you consider that a "replacement"?
:wail:

NOOOOOO!!! Now I'm gonna have nightmares!

The last buffalo fan
09-26-2005, 03:42 PM
You know Bella, that your Beast, will be there always for you!!!!

Iehoshua
09-26-2005, 03:43 PM
You know Bella, that your Beast, will be there always for you!!!!
The Beast is a Veggie Tale?!
:rofl:

:jk:

The last buffalo fan
09-26-2005, 03:43 PM
read the post before you comment. I didn't say we should leave the position vacant- I said Crowell won't be capable of replacing Spikes. If your Escalade got totalled and the insurance company gave you a '78 Pinto, would you consider that a "replacement"?
:bf1: I agree with you, but....do we have another option???

superbills
09-26-2005, 03:57 PM

No, but the point needed to be made. Yes, it's a setback for the season, but Crowell will return to his rightful place on the bench next year. TKO will be back and he will resume kicking ass. :redguns:

chernobylwraiths
09-26-2005, 04:02 PM
I thought Crowell played well yesterday.

juice
09-26-2005, 04:20 PM
Nice Sig FBH!

DynaPaul
09-26-2005, 04:44 PM

Well, look on the bright side. We still have our best linebacker playing, London Fletcher.

OpIv37
09-26-2005, 05:04 PM

Mario Haggan and Josh Stamer, but Crowell's probably better than either of those two.

I thought Crowell played well yesterday.
He did play well but he's still no TKO. Spikes is such a motivator and he also understands the defense better than anyone on the field, with the possible exception of Vincent.

Well, look on the bright side. We still have our best linebacker playing, London Fletcher.

Fletcher's a better consistent, workhorse, do-something-every-down kind of guy. Spikes is more the big-hit, turnover, momentum guy.

The last buffalo fan
09-26-2005, 05:26 PM
Mario Haggan and Josh Stamer, but Crowell's probably better than either of those two.

He did play well but he's still no TKO. Spikes is such a motivator and he also understands the defense better than anyone on the field, with the possible exception of Vincent.

Fletcher's a better consistent, workhorse, do-something-every-down kind of guy. Spikes is more the big-hit, turnover, momentum guy.
You know, after my last post (few minutes ago) I'm more relaxed and ready to call our defense, The Fenix Defense. Just quoting my sensei Miyagi, there are a few tough teams (on defense, of course) ahead in our schedule. So, my guess is we will beat them, and take out our defense from the field, so it wll help them to improve the stats numbers. The pain won't go, but at least we could forget some. Bring the kool aid!!!

LETS GO BU-FFA-LOOOO!!!!!

footballhottie
09-26-2005, 08:23 PM
Nice Sig FBH! HOLY CRAP!!! I love you! And i though i was the only fan!!!!!

Kerr
09-27-2005, 11:10 AM
When I read this on my cell I couldn't believe it. :crap: