PDA

View Full Version : Do we resign Nate Clements now?

Marvelous
09-26-2005, 11:47 AM
Didn't see this posted anywhere but a hour after reading the news most of us already suspected i thought maybe we will resign Nate since we get some cap leverage from Spikes on the IR...

-Spikes out is teh worst thing that coulda happened to this defense :(

X-Era
09-26-2005, 11:50 AM
Didn't see this posted anywhere but a hour after reading the news most of us already suspected i thought maybe we will resign Nate since we get some cap leverage from Spikes on the IR...

-Spikes out is teh worst thing that coulda happened to this defense :(
Interesting, I hope CP replies.

However, if I was looking to make cap room after this year Eric Moulds would be swamped with requests for meetings with me. He isnt worth what we are paying him, I love him, but he isnt worth that much anymore.

TedSalami
09-26-2005, 11:51 AM
This might work against resigning. He might ask for more money because he becomes more important to the defense. Who are the free agents next year? How many does the front office have to sign? Tom does not resign a lot of guys. It looks like there may be a lot of turnover next year.

OpIv37
09-26-2005, 12:07 PM
if he could have been re-signed, it would have happened in the off-season. Clements is gone after this year- I just hope TD gets sufficient compensation

casdhf
09-26-2005, 12:11 PM
putting him on IR clears cap space?

BuffaloRanger
09-26-2005, 12:18 PM
How does Spikes on IR give us cap space help? Incentives that won't be reached?

The King
09-26-2005, 12:32 PM
I believe it frees up TKOs cap hit for the season.

TacklingDummy
09-26-2005, 12:39 PM
Should cut Spikes after the season. Sam Cowart was a good LB before his Achilles injury.

And jp-era...don't ya think that Moulds would be having a better year if he actually had a QB that could get him the ball? (Example: When he was wide open in the endzone on the Bills 1st possession of the game, yet JP didn't see him)

Iehoshua
09-26-2005, 12:43 PM
Should cut Spikes after the season. Sam Cowart was a good LB before his ACL injury.
You have to post this garbage more than once?
:loser:

Spikes' ACL is fine. His achillies is torn.

TacklingDummy
09-26-2005, 12:54 PM
Yeah because I'd rather have Nate Clements then Spikes. CB's are alot harder to find then a LB imo.

Crisis
09-26-2005, 12:55 PM
Both will be in Bills uni's next year.

X-Era
09-26-2005, 12:56 PM
Should cut Spikes after the season. Sam Cowart was a good LB before his ACL injury.

And jp-era...don't ya think that Moulds would be having a better year if he actually had a QB that could get him the ball? (Example: When he was wide open in the endzone on the Bills 1st possession of the game, yet JP didn't see him)
I seriously did not see that play. Or should I say I watched the whole game from the Ralph and NEVER saw Moulds get open all day. I just didnt see it. If your right, JP should have hit him, but I just didnt see that. What I saw was Reed get open, Aiken, Evans long which JP overthrew, and Campbell get open on the right in the red zone when Losman was stuck looking left.

I have not said Losman is a great player right now. What I said is clear. He is playing exactly like what we should be expecting him to play like. He plays like a young QB, nothing more, nothing less.

I am frustrated at some of you because I thought everyone was clear about expecting Losman to struggle as a young QB does. Hes doing it as we all seemed to have expected and some of you are now, 3 games in, willing to end his on the field learning and bench him. It frustrates me because I want us fans to support our team, support our young QB and act like the true frikkin Bills fans we claim we are.

Crisis
09-26-2005, 12:57 PM
I seriously did not see that play. Or should I say I watched the whole game from the Ralph and NEVER saw Moulds get open all day. I just didnt see it. If your right, JP should have hit him, but I just didnt see that. What I saw was Reed get open, Aiken, Evans long which JP overthrew, and Campbell get open on the right in the red zone when Losman was stuck looking left.

He was wide open on that play.

The FOX announcer was going crazy about it. I thought he was going to have a stroke.

Canadian'eh!
09-26-2005, 01:01 PM
He was wide open on that play.

The FOX announcer was going crazy about it. I thought he was going to have a stroke.
I saw that too... and he was wide open. The game is just too fast for JP andthe OL is too crap.

II also don't think TKO's injury does much, if anything, for our cap.

TacklingDummy
09-26-2005, 01:06 PM
I seriously did not see that play. Or should I say I watched the whole game from the Ralph and NEVER saw Moulds get open all day.

The Beauty about watching the game from home is ya get to see the replay's. You only seen the game live so im sure you didn't get to see the mistakes happen more then 1 time, if at all.

Crisis is right. I also thought the announcer was gonna have a heart attack.