PDA

View Full Version : TD is definately calling the shots

Novacane
01-06-2003, 09:51 PM
I think it is fairly obvious TD is calling the shots on these coaching changes. GW and Vinklarek are best buds. GW was best man in Vinklareks wedding. GW would not have canned him. Now it appears GW's other buddy Gray is going to be demoted or fired. I'm sure that was not GW's idea either.

I don't get why TD is going to keep GW around when he is basically saying that GW was a total failure at hiring assistant coachs.

Maybe GW will get PO'd and quit!

lordofgun
01-06-2003, 10:21 PM
Maybe that's what TD's hoping for. Ralph probably won't let TD fire GW because he'd have to pay a salary for nothing.

colin
01-06-2003, 10:23 PM
TD would kick your ass just because he feels like it.

Buffarama
01-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Like I said before, TD's a freakin animal.

clumping platelets
01-06-2003, 10:35 PM
$100 on TD to kick LOG's a$$

:ontome:

Fat Tony
01-06-2003, 10:38 PM
I'd put $100 on churchie's dancing dog to kick Log's ass

Typ0
01-06-2003, 10:39 PM
Maybe he is not saying GW is a complete failure at picking coaches. Maybe he's just saying there are better alternatives available right now and they want to take advantage of some of them. I have heard GW say he is committed to improving the coaching staff as well as the team during the off season.

justasportsfan
01-06-2003, 10:59 PM
one way of looking at it TD and GW fired Sheppard for being "married" to a system after only 1 year. Gray finished his 2nd year and although towards the end of this season ,the D showed major improvements, it may not have been enough for TD. We need a Belichik type of DC who can adjust his D to what ever type of O is thrown at him. (Sad to say Wade did a great job in the Falcons win).

It would be nice if a coach can outsmart his counterpart be it West Coast, Run n Gun, K-gun (only Kelly can do this though) , no-huddle offense, triangle offense, mid- court offense, oops!

colin
01-06-2003, 11:34 PM
I like LOG, he is a cool dude, but if TD just flipped out and started kicking his ass, i would not even try to help him.

What could I do? He has it coming, just take it LOG.

lordofgun
01-06-2003, 11:39 PM
:eek:

I would not get within 5 feet of TD. He's a freaking monster. I've always been scared of him.

justasportsfan
01-06-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
:eek:

I would not get within 5 feet of TD. He's a freaking monster. I've always been scared of him.

I'm scared of him too. That's because he reminds me of the Albino in the movie Foul Play . I was just a kid then .If you oldies remember.

BTW , I'm only eigtheen :D

Gunzlingr
01-07-2003, 08:37 AM
I just hope we don't hire another bunch of Oilers/Titans rejects to replace this batch.

Novacane
01-07-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by gunzlingr
I just hope we don't hire another bunch of Oilers/Titans rejects to replace this batch.

Don't worry..........we're just looking at rejects from the worst team in the NFL now!:up: NOt that I blame Lebeau for that. I think he's like Wade. A good DC but bad HC