X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DarbyTheDinosaur
    • Dec 2004

Worst Sportscast in A Long Time

There are a lot of things to comment on about yesterday's game...however, for me the most frustrating thing was listening to Bill Maas on FOX...what a windbag.

First, he is absolutely in love with Jim Mora, Jr. and Ron Mexico. He was gushing about them every play they made. And every play they didn't make. There was Vick's long third down scramble at the end of the second half where he ran out of bounds to stop the clock. His booth buddy made the comment that "It's a good thing Vick ran out of bounds or..." Maas jumped in..."Or Vick would have taken it all the way in!!!" No Bill, I believe the point he wanted to make was that the clock would have run out.

Next, when a bad call was made by the refs (I think it was when they took away E.Moulds' pass interference call), he said something to the effect of "Is Johnnie Cochran in the house?" No Bill, he's currently rotting in his casket, you moron.

Lastly, say what you will about JP...but Maas didn't give him an inch. He was complaining and whining about how he doesn't have what it takes. But Bill, this is only his 3rd professional start..."Doesn't matter..." He is a young QB with a lot of pressure..."Doesn't matter..." His line has sucked for him on a lot of plays..."Doesn't matter". Gee, I wonder if he had the same zero-tolerance attitude for FOX favorites Vick and McNabb.

Sorry if this has been covered...I couldn't find a thread and felt it needed to be said.
    You people are depressing me...try this out so my doctor can take me off my meds!!!

op·ti·mism

1.a disposition or tendency to look on the more favorable side of events or conditions and to expect the most favorable outcome.

2.the belief that goodness pervades reality.
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: Worst Sportscast in A Long Time

Originally posted by DarbyTheDinosaur
    There are a lot of things to comment on about yesterday's game...however, for me the most frustrating thing was listening to Bill Maas on FOX...what a windbag.

First, he is absolutely in love with Jim Mora, Jr. and Ron Mexico. He was gushing about them every play they made. And every play they didn't make. There was Vick's long third down scramble at the end of the second half where he ran out of bounds to stop the clock. His booth buddy made the comment that "It's a good thing Vick ran out of bounds or..." Maas jumped in..."Or Vick would have taken it all the way in!!!" No Bill, I believe the point he wanted to make was that the clock would have run out.

Next, when a bad call was made by the refs (I think it was when they took away E.Moulds' pass interference call), he said something to the effect of "Is Johnnie Cochran in the house?" No Bill, he's currently rotting in his casket, you moron.

Lastly, say what you will about JP...but Maas didn't give him an inch. He was complaining and whining about how he doesn't have what it takes. But Bill, this is only his 3rd professional start..."Doesn't matter..." He is a young QB with a lot of pressure..."Doesn't matter..." His line has sucked for him on a lot of plays..."Doesn't matter". Gee, I wonder if he had the same zero-tolerance attitude for FOX favorites Vick and McNabb.

Sorry if this has been covered...I couldn't find a thread and felt it needed to be said.
    I agree Bill Maas was a windbag.

I agree with what he said about JP and the OL, though.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

I thought they were better than the CBS crew, although that's not saying much....

They ****ing said "Turf Monster" at least 3 times. That alone should get them fired.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2002

They were better than the bottom of the barrel CBS guys we've been getting lately. Gus Johnson

They way things are going, we'll probably be getting a steady diet of Criqui and Tasker.

Comment

• Bulldog
          Top Dog
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by DarbyTheDinosaur

My favorite line was when he said that it was only Willis's third start as Travis Henry was the starter last year. Does this assclown even watch the NFL?
          I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• fushetti
            President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
            • Feb 2003

When your team sucks, you get the Gus Johnsons and the Bill Maas' of the world.

I"m starting to believe JP doesn't have it either.
            "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
            Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
              WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
              • Mar 2003

If you punched the sports media in the mouth you'd chop off Vick's Herpes Infested Dick.
              Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
                • Jul 2002

who else remembers Randy "Cross" America

haha, where do they get these guys from.
                Its all about the quest.

Comment

Working...
                X