X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sportsuser101
    • Feb 2005

2006 Draft

Let me say this 1st. I don't think we are going to have a top 10 pick in the draft let alone #1 pick but out of curiousity I would like to know what the majority of you would do. Lets just assumme that the juniors come out early.

Do we take Ferguson which is what we've been lacking for a while not? A big time franchise left tackle.

Do we dare take Matt Leinhart? Are we really ready to get rid of JP already?

Do we take Reggie Bush? In my opinion he is the best player in college football. He has the best hands in college football, 1 of the fastest players in college and a huge weapon. He and Willis would make a dangerous combo in the backfield with both being on the field at the same time. Line up Reggie at wideout. Run reverses with Reggie. Fake reverses with Reggie and have Willis run it. So many options. Like I said I don't think we'll get a high pick but Reggie would be my choice even with the offensive line help needed.

Do we trade down and compile more picks and future picks and grab 1 of the lineman in the mid 1st or a Jimmy Williams or a Greenway, Brooks or Hawk?

Just trying to get some talk going instead of the same old "we are terrible" posts.
    Dareus - 1st Round Pick
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

Re: 2006 Draft

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
    Let me say this 1st. I don't think we are going to have a top 10 pick in the draft let alone #1 pick but out of curiousity I would like to know what the majority of you would do. Lets just assumme that the juniors come out early.

Do we take Ferguson which is what we've been lacking for a while not? A big time franchise left tackle.

Do we dare take Matt Leinhart? Are we really ready to get rid of JP already?

Do we take Reggie Bush? In my opinion he is the best player in college football. He has the best hands in college football, 1 of the fastest players in college and a huge weapon. He and Willis would make a dangerous combo in the backfield with both being on the field at the same time. Line up Reggie at wideout. Run reverses with Reggie. Fake reverses with Reggie and have Willis run it. So many options. Like I said I don't think we'll get a high pick but Reggie would be my choice even with the offensive line help needed.

Do we trade down and compile more picks and future picks and grab 1 of the lineman in the mid 1st or a Jimmy Williams or a Greenway, Brooks or Hawk?

Just trying to get some talk going instead of the same old "we are terrible" posts.
    Maybe.

Not a chance.

No.

Maybe.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
      WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
      • Mar 2003

TD will never, ever, ever, ever, admit that his Oline is so weak that it requires a 1st round pick to fix it. Remember Big Mike was selected to fix a line he inherited, not one he spent 5 years "building".

TD is still in denial. And will remain so even after he is fired. He puts no emphasis on Oline. "Just get a good coach and a bunch of castoffs and rookies and the line will be fine."

The Oline is as bad as we thought they'd be in pass protection. They have zero depth.
      Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• Jeff1220
        H to the 12:20
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
        TD will never, ever, ever, ever, admit that his Oline is so weak that it requires a 1st round pick to fix it. Remember Big Mike was selected to fix a line he inherited, not one he spent 5 years "building".

TD is still in denial. And will remain so even after he is fired. He puts no emphasis on Oline. "Just get a good coach and a bunch of castoffs and rookies and the line will be fine."

The Oline is as bad as we thought they'd be in pass protection. They have zero depth.
        I am really starting to think that TD doesn't usually draft OL high in the draft because (as evident by BigMike) he, and the Bills' scouting staff, sucks at evaluating them. By using only castoffs, etc, that can be used as an excuse ("well at least he didn't cost a high pick and many millions..."). The year Williams went 4th, TD had to take OL. The fans expected it, his QB expected it, and I think Ralph expected it. He listened to the Kipers and such about MW and took him 4th. At the time, it seemed like a solid pick...a 375 lb athletic Tackle. So far that pick has only magnified this staff's deficiencies in evaluating what is probably the most critical area of the game.

Comment

• Mudflap1
          Next Question!
          • Nov 2004

LEINART! LEINART! LEINART! Let's do what the Cowboys did in '89 with Steve Walsh and Troy Aikman, a good 'ol fashioned competition.

Gee, I wonder who will be better?

J/K Let's give J.P. some more time, but he better get his act together quick. If, heaven forbid, Losman plays this whole season as bad as he has so far, I would take Leinart, I really would. He's about as much of a lock to be a star quarterback as there ever has been. He's AT LEAST the next Peyton Manning.

Jon

Comment

• Sportsuser101
            • Feb 2005

BTW it looks like the Cavs may lose both Ferguson and Ahmad Brooks (who hasn't played a game yet this year) for quite a while. Brooks probably won't come out if its as serious as some think but Ferguson could drop considerably especially when you consider the depth at left tackle this year.
            Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

Working...
            X