PDA

View Full Version : Why do we keep Williams??

Buffarama
01-06-2003, 10:31 PM
Almost all his assistants will be gone that he hand picked from his retentive list. If he can't pick his own coaches, and only has to offer a shaky sideline presence, why do we keep him?
I think TD is the coach, he doesn't want another power struggle like with Cowher, and that Greg is just on his good graces.
I'm glad the O line coach is gone. Too many rookie coaches, that weren't good enough teachers. LB coach gone.
Next Gray? New DC in Lebeau?
Sounds OK 4 me.
It's real simple. Big money involved here. You either win, or leave.
So let add them up hypothetically.
Special teams coach..not yet
OC Gilbrides already replaced him
DC, looks like Lebeau, Grays could be out, can become a subserviant
OL coach, GONE
DL coach retired, replacement, who knows if he will stick

If the special teams coach gets axed, his 4 main coaches he hand picked will have been released. Not exactly an endorsement for his skill as a head coach.

colin
01-06-2003, 11:13 PM
He gets his players to play well, and is a very strong Defensive guy. He is also young and learning.

LABillsFan
01-07-2003, 01:10 AM
There must be some belief in him, he had a 3 yr. contract where as his asst.'s had 2 yr contracts. TD had nothing to lose these last 2 years. If the asst.'s worked out great if not then they go out and find new ones. I think TD believes in GW at least for one more year.

shelby
01-07-2003, 04:39 AM
There is huge potential for the Bills to make a run for the playoffs next year. With the right staffing changes and a good draft, GW could come out smelling like a rose. i am not overly fond of him, but we are stuck with him for at least another year. It will be interesting to see what he can accomplish in the final year of his contract.

clumping platelets
01-07-2003, 05:10 AM
Keep GW!!!

Earthquake Enyart
01-07-2003, 06:30 AM
Get rid of GW!!

Ð
01-07-2003, 07:14 AM
There seems to be a difference of opinion in here...

Wabbit season....

Gunzlingr
01-07-2003, 08:31 AM
Duck season!

Dozerdog
01-07-2003, 08:34 AM
Dubya Season!

Dozerdog
01-07-2003, 08:35 AM
http://www.nonstick.com/sounds/Elmer.gif

JayWood
01-07-2003, 09:43 AM
He is staying around because the team had a five game improvement from last season, TD still believes in the guy, plus the players really like him, and they play hard for him!!

ublinkwescore
01-07-2003, 02:53 PM
Dolphin season's already over, but my wasn't it sweet - too bad we could only bag 'em twice.

ublinkwescore
01-07-2003, 02:56 PM
That's an ace up GW's sleeve - the fact that this team DOES play hard and motivated for him.

Kinda like Bill Parcells if I'm not mistaken - remember when he left N.E. for NYJ, and Curtis Martin followed him over, and Keyshawn Johnson was politicking his arce off to try to get him to go to Tampa Bay last year.

That's the sign of a good coach is - how motivated his personell is on the field - BUT, I do question his competence a bit - hopefully he'll be a little smarter next season.

Buffarama
01-07-2003, 05:21 PM
I am hearing now that they are already looking for a replacement for the replacement for Levra that GW picked up this season!
Chalk up another one.