PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Bills Free Agents

Ebenezer
09-26-2005, 03:12 PM
here is a list of the potential free agents for the Bills in the offseason...it might not be perfectly up to date...include an aging Moulds as a salary cap casualty and the possiblity that Mike Williams has to have something done with his contract...and then throw in Takeo Spikes coming back from his Achilles tear (which may take more than a year depending on it's severity...now that many are conceeding the year to let JP learn and given that the defense is not as good as advertised then are the Bills rebuilding and how many years will it take for the Bills to rebuild?? Playoffs when??

<pre>
UFA
Trey Teague C
Nate Clements CB
Ron Edwards DT
Damian Shelton FB
Josh Reed WR
Ryan Denney DE
Justin Bannan DT
Kevin Thomas CB
RFA
Angelo Crowell LB
Terrence McGee CB
Sam Aiken WR
Lawence Smith G
Mario Haggan LB
EFA
Shaud Williams RB
Rashad Baker DB
Jabari Greer CB
Jason Peters TE
Jonathon Smith WR

Meathead
09-26-2005, 03:47 PM
The dreaded "R" word.

CanaanVtBillsFan
09-26-2005, 04:33 PM
What to go man
Great post
I gave you and excellent rating

This is something that I was trying to get across to some people about how it's all about NOW next year is too late. I'm not into the rebuilding crap. Players don't STAY on losing teams!!!!!!!!!!!!

colin
09-26-2005, 04:45 PM
the only player on that list that can't be replaced is Clements.

Trey will get resigned if he comes much cheaper, he is an average NFL center making top 10 NFL center money.

Frankly, i think if we signed Simon we would be 2-1 right now, even with Losman throwing for 70 sensational yards against a banged up atlanta secondary.

anyhow, we need 2 or 3 starting caliber Interior linemen, at least one on each side of the ball.

we might also need a play making linebacker with spikes hurt, altho if any human being can come back 100% by next season it is Spikes.

I'll take a tackle in the draft if a very good one is there and move gandy to guard/let them split time. another corner would be nice if we let some go.

Aside from needing a couple quality big men (considering we just let two top free agent big men go that isn't a huge order) we do have a pretty complete team, even if they don't play like it right now.

we need losman to learn while NOT costing us the season, so we need to start holcomb.

this team might win a playoff game this year, even with spikes down.

mix in the improvments we should have from FA and that sits us pretty next year.

dannyek71
09-26-2005, 05:19 PM
shelton got an extension didnt he?

OpIv37
09-26-2005, 05:22 PM
I'll take Clements, Shelton and Peters. The rest of those guys can easily be replaced and I think that they'll end up back here if the coaches want them.

OpIv37
09-26-2005, 05:23 PM
what worries me more than any of these guys is Drew Rosenass and McGahee.

BAM
09-26-2005, 05:28 PM
I'll take Clements, Shelton and Peters. The rest of those guys can easily be replaced and I think that they'll end up back here if the coaches want them.
I was just about to write the same thing, minus Shelton. I think he can be replaced too.

pintonick96
09-26-2005, 06:26 PM
I'd take Shaud Williams, too. Jabari Greer maybe.

Crisis
09-26-2005, 06:54 PM
And Josh Reed.

He's been our best WR this year.

Mitchy moo
09-26-2005, 07:03 PM
What to go man
Great post
I gave you and excellent rating

This is something that I was trying to get across to some people about how it's all about NOW next year is too late. I'm not into the rebuilding crap. Players don't STAY on losing teams!!!!!!!!!!!!
tHAT'S WHAT i WAS THINKING, NEXT YEAR IS TOO LATE!!

YardRat
09-26-2005, 07:26 PM
Clements is going to have to be replaced whether we like it or not.

Cha-Chiiiiing!

Dozerdog
09-26-2005, 07:31 PM
Clements is the only one that we need to re-sign- but only if he doesn't want the world.

The RFA's and UFA's will all be back at the behest of the Bills- They don't have any negotiating power.

jpdex12
09-26-2005, 08:01 PM
Clements is the only one that we need to re-sign- but only if he doesn't want the world.

The RFA's and UFA's will all be back at the behest of the Bills- They don't have any negotiating power.
You don't think that McGee has any negotiating power? He is a great up and coming DB. His raw ability reminds me of a young Clements, just not at the high caliber yet that Nate is in pass defending.

Ngxtreme13
09-26-2005, 09:22 PM
we need mcgee he is deff. one of the best kick returners in the league he breaks out a decent run on almost every kick

Bills-----2007 superbowl champions

Mike13
09-26-2005, 09:26 PM
And Josh Reed.

He's been our best WR this year.
I guess drafting Parish liit a fire under his ass.

Dozerdog
09-26-2005, 09:43 PM
You don't think that McGee has any negotiating power? He is a great up and coming DB. His raw ability reminds me of a young Clements, just not at the high caliber yet that Nate is in pass defending.
He won't be commanding millions in up front money. Not yet anyway

jpdex12
09-26-2005, 09:49 PM
He won't be commanding millions in up front money. Not yet anyway
That's why we have to lock him up for as long as possible.

Ebenezer
09-26-2005, 10:02 PM
That's why we have to lock him up for as long as possible.
if you sign him this year you can only amoratize the bonus over 5 years...if you sign him next year I think that drops to four...if there is a long term deal (more than 4 years) i wonder how the bonus payments would be structured....clump??

JefftheBillsfan
09-26-2005, 10:17 PM
i think we extended denney already.

clumping platelets
09-26-2005, 10:35 PM
I'm not aware if Denney has extended, only talking.

Yes, Eb, bonus amortization will be only 4 yrs next year if the CBA is not extended

BADTHINGSMAN
09-26-2005, 10:48 PM
Nate will be seeing alot of green next year and not just the playing field.. Nate is in my opinion the 2nd best CB in the NFL.. Champ Bailey is the only guy Id take over Clements.. Somehow Buffalo needs to keep Nate, but that probably wont happen..

jpdex12
09-26-2005, 10:56 PM
if you sign him this year you can only amoratize the bonus over 5 years...if you sign him next year I think that drops to four...if there is a long term deal (more than 4 years) i wonder how the bonus payments would be structured....clump??
I'm just saying that we should get him signed this year because it would be cheaper in the long run.

jpdex12
09-26-2005, 10:57 PM
Nate will be seeing alot of green next year and not just the playing field.. Nate is in my opinion the 2nd best CB in the NFL.. Champ Bailey is the only guy Id take over Clements.. Somehow Buffalo needs to keep Nate, but that probably wont happen..
I'm not being a homer, but Nate is the best IMO. He shuts everyone down that he plays against and his run support rocks!

clumping platelets
09-26-2005, 11:06 PM
I'm just saying that we should get him signed this year because it would be cheaper in the long run.

I agree....but also we desperately need to show players on the team and throughout the league that the organization will pay marque players.

Ebenezer
09-26-2005, 11:07 PM
I agree....but also we desperately need to show players on the team and throughout the league that the organization will pay marque players.
another fear of losing Nate...

JWatts
09-27-2005, 01:42 PM
shelton got an extension didnt he?

I believe he did but I can't find anything about it. I believe it was a 2 year extension.