Jets - #7
Oakland - #31
NE - #11
KC - #30
SD - #27
Carolina - #12
Denver - #13
Cincy - #20

We'll face only 2 teams twice (Miami and NE) with Top 10 in total D, and 1 team twice (Jets) with Top 10 in Pass D.

I think we'll rebound, as long as we play those division games with extra juice and hope to get a couple of them.

Iehoshua
09-26-2005, 03:51 PM
No Miyagi, the season is over after 3 games, didn't you know? We've already missed the playoffs and JP is officially a bust.

The last buffalo fan
09-26-2005, 04:18 PM
Good work Sensei!!

Philagape
09-26-2005, 04:41 PM
New Orleans is the bellweather. If we can't beat them, the sky has already fallen.

Mini Mouse
09-26-2005, 04:43 PM
:rofl:

Any chance they have high ranked Ds becaus they played us? And we sucked up the show!

:rofl:

Tatonka
09-26-2005, 05:47 PM
i can deal with the losses to tampa and atlanta..

tampa looks like they are going to be a playoff team and they have a top 5 defense and probably the rookie of the year at rb..

atlanta is a team that just beat philly and was in the championship game last season and has only gotten better.

i wish we were good enough to beat them.. and we still may be by seasons end.. but we are not yet in weeks 2 and 3.

OpIv37
09-26-2005, 05:52 PM
Miyagi, you forgot about the other side of the ball. Almost every team on our schedule has a good running game, and ours has looked horrible. And now we lost Spikes. Going into this season, I thought we'd at least be able to count on the D to make a lot of stops and a few game-changing plays, but that's just not true anymore.

casdhf
09-26-2005, 05:53 PM
I think the real test will be that all of those teams love to run the ball, other than OAK. So we need to see what can be done without TKO

OpIv37
09-26-2005, 05:56 PM
I think the real test will be that all of those teams love to run the ball, other than OAK. So we need to see what can be done without TKO

exactly.

Mike13
09-26-2005, 06:32 PM
You guys still got Fletcher and some talented DBs so I wouldnt worry to much if I was a Bills fan. TKO's back up will have to step up, but hes not the leader TKO was and its always important to have a good leader.

Cntrygal
09-26-2005, 08:37 PM
No Miyagi, the season is over after 3 games, didn't you know? We've already missed the playoffs and JP is officially a bust.

Damn - I missed that memo.

i can deal with the losses to tampa and atlanta..

tampa looks like they are going to be a playoff team and they have a top 5 defense and probably the rookie of the year at rb..

atlanta is a team that just beat philly and was in the championship game last season and has only gotten better.

i wish we were good enough to beat them.. and we still may be by seasons end.. but we are not yet in weeks 2 and 3.

Good post.

Dozerdog
09-26-2005, 08:45 PM
You guys still got Fletcher and some talented DBs so I wouldnt worry to much if I was a Bills fan. TKO's back up will have to step up, but hes not the leader TKO was and its always important to have a good leader.Fletcher, Vincent, Milloy, & Clements still give this Defense veteran leadership

vicmantak
09-26-2005, 08:49 PM
Mr. Miyagi,

Thanks for post something motivational but if Bills are still playoff contender, Holcomb might start immediately

ScottLawrence
09-26-2005, 08:49 PM
Good stretch to start Holcomb in.

Mr. Miyagi
09-27-2005, 12:00 PM
Miyagi, you forgot about the other side of the ball. Almost every team on our schedule has a good running game, and ours has looked horrible. And now we lost Spikes. Going into this season, I thought we'd at least be able to count on the D to make a lot of stops and a few game-changing plays, but that's just not true anymore.
Dude your glass is always half empty isn't it? :mad:

Patrick76777
09-27-2005, 12:03 PM
[QUOTE=OpIv37]Miyagi, you forgot about the other side of the ball. Almost every team on our schedule has a good running game, and ours has looked horrible. [QUOTE]

Did you just make that up? Willis has gone for 291 yards in 3 games, good enough for a 4.7 yard average and 7th overall in the league.

And who are all of these great running backs we're going to play.

HAMMER
09-27-2005, 12:07 PM
Good points Miyagi-San, I have been thinking the same things. Favre said that he has never seen Tampa's defense playing better, ever. That says a lot to me as he has had to go up against them for years in big games. We all saw what ATL did to the Iggles good offense on MNF. In my estimation we won the game we were supposed to in Texans. If we are average or better we should also be able to beat an average Saints team. If we lose that game we are in for a very long season IMO.

Patrick76777
09-27-2005, 12:22 PM
My goal is not to be better than Atlanta in week 3. My goal is not to be better than Atlanta in the playoffs.

My goal is to be better than, Miami, New York, Baltimore, Cleveland, Cincinatti, Houston, Tennessee, Jacksonville and 3 of the following 4 teams, Denver, Oakland, San Diego and Kansas City in week 17.

Mr. Miyagi
09-27-2005, 12:39 PM
New Orleans - McAllister has done nothing this year
Miami - :lolpoint:Brown and :smoke:
Jets - :ee: Martin?
Oakland - Jordan is unproven yet
NE - Dillon can be stopped
KC - Two-headed monster of Holmes and LJ :eek:
SD - Tomlinson :brace:
Carolina - Davis will be gimping by Week 6
Denver - Anderson is decent
Cincy - Rudi sucks this year

I see our real problems are in stopping KC and SD backs. Other than that we'll be fine.

BILL$ B@$HER
09-27-2005, 01:15 PM
New Orleans - McAllister has done nothing this year
Miami - :lolpoint:Brown and :smoke:
Jets - :ee: Martin?
Oakland - Jordan is unproven yet
NE - Dillon can be stopped
KC - Two-headed monster of Holmes and LJ :eek:
SD - Tomlinson :brace:
Carolina - Davis will be gimping by Week 6
Denver - Anderson is decent
Cincy - Rudi sucks this year

I see our real problems are in stopping KC and SD backs. Other than that we'll be fine.

PLEASE KEEP IT UP. your laughing at ronnie brown and ricky, HA. ricky is gonna run all over you guys when he comes back. please be serious. i would worry more about mcgahee and little less time hoping and wondering how your gonna stop opposing backs. whats your defense against the run?

OpIv37
09-27-2005, 01:21 PM
Dude your glass is always half empty isn't it? :mad:
After two demoralizing losses in a row, how can it not be?

Did you just make that up? Willis has gone for 291 yards in 3 games, good enough for a 4.7 yard average and 7th overall in the league.

typo- I meant our run D has looked horrible. Our running game has looked excellent outside of the red zone.

Let's see- Dillon twice, R. Brown and R Williams (twice), Curtis Martin (twice), Holmes, Tomlinson, Stephen Davis and Denver's running game. But those guys all suck :rolleyes:

Typ0
09-27-2005, 02:46 PM
Tampa D is #1 in the league.
Atlanta pass D is Top 10.

Next we face:

Total D
New Orleans - #24
Miami - #10
Jets - #13
Oakland - #29
NE - #9
KC - #27
SD - #25
Carolina - #11
Denver - #19
Cincy - #14

Pass D
New Orleans - #18
Miami - #19
Jets - #7
Oakland - #31
NE - #11
KC - #30
SD - #27
Carolina - #12
Denver - #13
Cincy - #20

We'll face only 2 teams twice (Miami and NE) with Top 10 in total D, and 1 team twice (Jets) with Top 10 in Pass D.

I think we'll rebound, as long as we play those division games with extra juice and hope to get a couple of them.

yeah and 1/3rd of their production was us. Is it that they are that good or we are that bad? it's too early to look at things like this.

JD
09-27-2005, 04:04 PM
IM sorry if this is a ******ed question but who is filling in for TKO?

Patrick76777
09-28-2005, 06:45 AM
After two demoralizing losses in a row, how can it not be?

typo- I meant our run D has looked horrible. Our running game has looked excellent outside of the red zone.

Let's see- Dillon twice, R. Brown and R Williams (twice), Curtis Martin (twice), Holmes, Tomlinson, Stephen Davis and Denver's running game. But those guys all suck :rolleyes:

Don't know if you've been watching football at all this year, but Dillon is having a terrible year, R. Brown has had 1 good game in his NFL career, R. Williams will be out for the first game, Curtic Martin hasnt' done much, And Denver's backs haven't done much. I know it's early, but the way these guys are playing I'm not too scared.

Tinboy
09-28-2005, 08:15 AM
McAllister so far this year:
Rush: 55
YDS: 174
Y/G: 58.0
Avg: 3.2
TD: 3

Watch out for him inside the red zone but otherwise he doesn't look good.

OpIv37
09-28-2005, 08:25 AM
Don't know if you've been watching football at all this year, but Dillon is having a terrible year, R. Brown has had 1 good game in his NFL career, R. Williams will be out for the first game, Curtic Martin hasnt' done much, And Denver's backs haven't done much. I know it's early, but the way these guys are playing I'm not too scared.

Denver's backs shredded KC on Monday night. Losman's only had one good game and it wasn't even that good, and everyone thinks he'll be fine. But when it comes to Ronnie Brown, the fact that he's only had one good game means he's not a threat. Great consistency there.

If this was last year's D I wouldn't be worried about them. But our run D has been shredded this year so any back of average to above average quality has me concerned.

mybills
09-28-2005, 11:44 AM
IM sorry if this is a ******ed question but who is filling in for TKO?
Crowell :idunno: