Would you rather be lucky than good? NE is both.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Would you rather be lucky than good? NE is both.

Time added to Patriots-Steelers game

The following is a statement by Mike Pereira, the NFL's director of officiating.

(Sept. 26, 2005) -- "In yesterday's Pittsburgh-New England game, the game clock was improperly reset early in the fourth quarter, resulting in 52 seconds being added to the game's official time.

"With 14:51 remaining in the fourth quarter, a Pittsburgh run from the Steelers' 30-yard line resulted in the ball carrier being tackled for no gain. The game clock properly continued to run. However, before the ball was snapped for the next play, a false start penalty against the Steelers stopped the clock with 13:59 remaining. Following the enforcement of the penalty and before the ball was snapped for the next play, the game clock was improperly reset to 14:51 again, instead of remaining at 13:59.

"The on-field officiating crew, which oversees the official game clock operated in the press box, failed to recognize that the clock was improperly reset."

New England won the game 23-20 in Pittsburgh.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Would you rather be lucky than good? NE is both.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

no ****ing way. If I was a Pitt fan I'd be fuming. Even as a Bills fan this pisses me off cuz it gave NE a BS win.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by lordofgun
        Time added to Patriots-Steelers game

The following is a statement by Mike Pereira, the NFL's director of officiating.

(Sept. 26, 2005) -- "In yesterday's Pittsburgh-New England game, the game clock was improperly reset early in the fourth quarter, resulting in 52 seconds being added to the game's official time.

"With 14:51 remaining in the fourth quarter, a Pittsburgh run from the Steelers' 30-yard line resulted in the ball carrier being tackled for no gain. The game clock properly continued to run. However, before the ball was snapped for the next play, a false start penalty against the Steelers stopped the clock with 13:59 remaining. Following the enforcement of the penalty and before the ball was snapped for the next play, the game clock was improperly reset to 14:51 again, instead of remaining at 13:59.

"The on-field officiating crew, which oversees the official game clock operated in the press box, failed to recognize that the clock was improperly reset."

New England won the game 23-20 in Pittsburgh.

That would of given NE alot less time to work with at the end. As I said yesterday NE is $$$$$$$$$$ in the NFL bank.

Comment

Working...
        X