• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffalo Tom
    • Sep 2005

Maturing J.P. Lossman

Hello Everybody,

This is my official first post in the Forum. After watching the first three games of the Season, I have come to the conclusion that J.P. does not have enough time in the pocket, to not only find a open receiver but also he can not see a open receiver. On most of his snaps from center he is only taking one or two steps back. by doing this he is not giving the offensive line any room for error. J.P. needs to drop back 5 to 7 steps so he can survey the field better and be able to see over the monsters on both sides of the ball. He is a mobil Quarterback and he will have time to regain that Yardage if he needs to take off if no one is open.

That is just my Opinion

What is your Opinion's

Buffalo Tom
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Re: Maturing J.P. Lossman

Welcome to the zone Tom!

FYI... I'm moving this to the main forum for you!
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• ScottLawrence
      • Jan 2004

My oponion is hes not ready.

His mechanics suck, his accuracy is way off, and he lacks confidence.

Our season will go down the tubes if you leave him in there.
      You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• buffalofan19
        God's gift to the Zone
        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Buffalo Tom
        Hello Everybody,

This is my official first post in the Forum. After watching the first three games of the Season, I have come to the conclusion that J.P. does not have enough time in the pocket, to not only find a open receiver but also he can not see a open receiver. On most of his snaps from center he is only taking one or two steps back. by doing this he is not giving the offensive line any room for error. J.P. needs to drop back 5 to 7 steps so he can survey the field better and be able to see over the monsters on both sides of the ball. He is a mobil Quarterback and he will have time to regain that Yardage if he needs to take off if no one is open.

That is just my Opinion

What is your Opinion's

Buffalo Tom
        I totally agree. While Losman's throws have been off, and need to improve, most of the blame can be thrown on the o-line. It's funny how it works though. Last year, it was Bledsoe's fault, and anyone who tried to point the blame elsewhere, such as the o-line, was just making excuses for him. This year, it's the o-line's fault. The reality is that the o-line is just as bad this year as it was last year, and the Bills are not going to get to the playoffs that way.
        Penguins at Sabres Highlight Video 10/10/05
        Sabres at Lightning Highlight Video 10/13/05
        Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 10/20/05
        Rangers at Sabres Highlight Video 10/22/05
        Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 10/29/05
        Maple Leafs at Sabres Highlight Video 11/11/05
        Devils at Sabres Highlight Video 11/15/05
        Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 11/19/05
        Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 11/23/05
        Canadiens at Sabres Highlight Video 11/25/05

Comment

• Buffalo Tom
          • Sep 2005

The Bills O-Line is not that bad. Lossman is not dropping back far enough. Therefore he is not giving th Offensive Line any room for error. These 1 to 2 step drop backs that lossman is doing have to go to 5 to 7 steps back.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Buffalo Tom
            The Bills O-Line is not that bad. Lossman is not dropping back far enough. Therefore he is not giving th Offensive Line any room for error. These 1 to 2 step drop backs that lossman is doing have to go to 5 to 7 steps back.
            He needs to step back to the bench for about 2 more years.

Comment

• gannd
              Unofficial Calgary Bills Backers President
              • Sep 2005

He only looks to the first reciever, always throws to the right. Pretty much any defensive co-rd could pick that up and set up a defense.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

He does tend to zone in on his target. Why doesn't he go through his progressions??
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Das_Bills
                  • Sep 2005

I gree with most of these post, but JP is our starter. you have to understand that it will take some time for JP to meld into a nfl QB. I put all my trust into him. I follow alot of college ball and I have follow JP in college and he is a great QB. He needs time and i don't think 3 weeks is enough. Also I have followed the JP and Parrish combo in training camp and i feel it will change once he comes back. Comeon guys lets not bash thekids we need to bellieve in him.

Steve
                  Bills Backer
                  St Marys Chapter

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by Skooby
                    He needs to step back to the bench for about 2 more years.
                    Oh yeah, that will really help JP's development.

What makes ANYONE think that Holcomb - a 31 year old career backup who has never won consistently in a starting role - is the answer?
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• vicmantak
                      • Jun 2005

As Buffalo Tom mentioned, the OL is not that bad and IMO --- JP is only the result of two coaching prospects trying to be ahead of two great coaches on Sam Wyche and Jim McNally.
                      There's no chemistry and it seems that releasing Offensive Coordinator Tom Clements is only the first step to make this team better.

"Defeat is simply a signal to press onward"
                      - Helen Keller

"What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down"

- Mary Pickford

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by vicmantak
                        As Buffalo Tom mentioned, the OL is not that bad and IMO --- JP is only the result of two coaching prospects trying to be ahead of two great coaches on Sam Wyche and Jim McNally.
                        There's no chemistry and it seems that releasing Offensive Coordinator Tom Clements is only the first step to make this team better.
                        We've only played 3 games. WHY do we insist that heads roll already?

I want to win NOW as badly as anyone, but I don't think you accomplish that by benching JP, firing Tom Clements, or creating any other kind of disruption that would set us back farther. Can't we give this at least a few more games - or, God forbid, a whole season - before we go into screaming panic mode?
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                          We've only played 3 games. WHY do we insist that heads roll already?

I want to win NOW as badly as anyone, but I don't think you accomplish that by benching JP, firing Tom Clements, or creating any other kind of disruption that would set us back farther. Can't we give this at least a few more games - or, God forbid, a whole season - before we go into screaming panic mode?
                          I couldn't agree more we need to give it more time. There is no question QBs take time to develop...and I am behind JP I have seen enough really exciting things in him and look forward to him gaining confidence and showing us what he can do. but I still say if he looks lost out there and totally lacks confidence to apply himself then we need to take him out in the first half of the next game. No, KH is not a long-term answer to what we need...but if it's clear that JP is going to stink up the place again then KH will give us a better chance to win. I'm talking about one game...and the next game would be the same. JP should not lose his starters job...but he just can't come out there without confidence and the ability to do SOMETHING and expect to keep playing throughout the game. This isn't a bad football team some young guy can cut his teeth on while they rebuild...this is a good football team and the entire team should not be tanked for JP's "development"

Comment

• Billz_fan
                            • Jan 2003

Right now the game is moving very fast for JP as it does all inexperienced QB's coming into the leauge. In time the game will slow down for him. He will begin to see things that he doesn't even see right now.

They have commited this team to him. If you take it away now he will most certainly fail in the long run. He will get better
                            The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                              • May 2003

Originally posted by buffalofan19
                              I totally agree. While Losman's throws have been off, and need to improve, most of the blame can be thrown on the o-line. It's funny how it works though. Last year, it was Bledsoe's fault, and anyone who tried to point the blame elsewhere, such as the o-line, was just making excuses for him. This year, it's the o-line's fault. The reality is that the o-line is just as bad this year as it was last year, and the Bills are not going to get to the playoffs that way.
                              Dude why don't you stop with the Drew Bledsoe crap? This post is not about Drew Bledsoe. Go root for the Cowboys...

Comment

Working...
                              X