PDA

View Full Version : Are Bills overrated or underachieving?

The_Philster
09-27-2005, 05:13 AM
Sal: I'm going to fall back on the old standby that it's a combination of both. Myself, you and just about everyone who follows the Bills thought they were better than this, but we also overrated them. But I also feel that given the amount of highly respected veterans on the team, we couldn't have been that far off in our assessment, right? So in my eyes, they have underachieved as well.

Leo: Wait a minute. We each predicted a .500 record for Buffalo before the season began, so how can we claim the Bills are overrated? We had our reasons to be skeptical and here they are 1-2. They're pretty much on course. You brought up the issue of highly respected veterans and the Bills do have a great group. Unfortunately for them, veterans have been known to drop like stones when they hit a certain age. Perhaps that's what we're witnessing, particularly on defense. http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050927/SPORTS03/509270332/1007/SPORTS

Personally, I think it's a combination of the 2..but we do have a lot of talent so if I were to favor one or the other, I'd go with underachieving

casdhf
09-27-2005, 07:33 AM
I don't think so, we're where I thought we'd be: struggling on offense, leading to the defense giving up plays. Once JP, or Willis, really get rolling, I think we'll see more turnovers.

Kenny
09-27-2005, 07:43 AM
Underachieving.

On paper, we have a playoff caliber team, lead by a defense that's easily ranked in the top3. But I dont think anyone here, can honestly say that the Bills are playoff worthy now that week 3 is said and done with.

slakjaw157
09-27-2005, 08:23 AM
Underachieving.

On paper, we have a playoff caliber team, lead by a defense that's easily ranked in the top3. But I dont think anyone here, can honestly say that the Bills are playoff worthy now that week 3 is said and done with.

My thoughts exactly! That's why it is so damn frustrating watching them at times.

HHURRICANE
09-27-2005, 08:34 AM
Overated. The Defense is in dire need of some youth!! We need an OL. The Bills are a .500 team until they can prove otherwise. We need a good draft next year.

OpIv37
09-27-2005, 08:40 AM
Overrated.

Pro football games are won and lost in the trenches. Edwards is not a sufficient replacement for Pat Williams. On the other side of the ball, the pass blocking is just horrible. Our Oline has been garbage for years.

Add to that the fact that Losman's still learning- sure we have great skill players, but does it matter if we have Evans and Moulds if Losman can't get them the ball (regardless of whether it's his fault or the Oline's)? Does it matter if we have the best linebackers or cornerbacks in the game if the RB is 5 yards past the LOS before they get a chance to hit him?

This team is overrated- we've got excellent talent in some key areas but are far from being a complete or well-rounded team.

Meathead
09-27-2005, 08:51 AM
Underachieving. For sure.

This idea that that talent isn't there or guys are too old is bull.

arsenal
09-27-2005, 08:56 AM
new here, not to talk smack, just football...

i think as a dolphin fan i know how hard it is to lose a big runstuffing DT like you guys did with pat williams... that killed us last year, and when you cant stop the run its hard, its hard to come from behind and win and the TOP battle is usually against you...

i think you guys might have been a little overrated at the start of the season anyway going into it with an inexperienced QB and losing one of your best Olineman and your best Dlineman... but i think its too early to panic... you guys cant forget last years start, haha...