X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

My rants and raves...

Ok, so here it is 2 days post game. Here are some random thoughts I'd like to get down on "paper"... if for nothing else than to just let myself vent:

1. JP Losman needs to get his head out of his ass. When the season started... my fear was Losman would be making multiple mental mistakes per game, but overcompensating for them with his athleticsm and accuracy.

Turns out he has reversed this. His mental game isnt what is lacking at all.... I see him making the right reads (most of the time) and avoiding pressure the best he can behind this line... but what I DONT see is his ability to use his arm to beat anyone. Why his throws are off target, I will never know... but this is something he HAS to fix before this weeks game... or I will be on the "Bench JP bandwagon"

2. TKO's career is over... as a Bill and as a football player. He will never come back from this injury and be effective (see Sam Cowart)

3. Our defense isnt nearly as bad as all of you think it is. I believe they are simply trying to do too much. They are trying to single handedly win the games... they are going for INT's instead of batting the ball away... they are going for fumbles rather than wrapping up tackles... they are blitzing heavily to try to force turnovers and that allows big runs and passes. If they felt for 1 second our offense could score enough to win the game, I bet this gets greatly diminished.

4. Tom Clements (or whoever is calling the offensive plays) needs to have his ass whooped! 3rd and 3 we go 4 WR's??? To me.. that is the same as Gilbride used to call.

5. Our WR's wanted a more open offense, and they got it this week. Regardless of whether or not the passes were on target, they need to get open! I hardly saw a WR beating a CB on the field the other day. We threw 5 long passes I believe, and all 5 times, the CB was blanketing our WR. Sure the pass was off, but had it been on target, it may have been picked off or batted down anyway.

6. Stupid Fans!!! Who were the morons trying to start the wave in the 3rd quarter while we were down and on Defense??? MORONS!!! I've already stated the rules for the wave. But I assumed people knew you had to be WINNING to even consider it! Don't get me started on the fights in the stadium that day (2 of which were within earshot of me)

7. Props to the band from Maryland... that was the most entertaining band I have seen at the ralph in years... in fact... it was the most exciting (non football) event I have seen at the Ralph in years... (I am pointing the finger directly at the bills marketing brass)

8. If I never see Ronald McDonald throwing things into the seats again it will be too soon!

9. Billy Buffalo is starting to grow on me a little.

10. Props to the Concession guys for having guys/gals out selling water/soda/etc at this game. They didnt do enough of it at the opener... we complained... they listened and changed it. I saw a guy selling water at least twice every quarter Because of that, I didnt need to leave my seat once!
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: My rants and raves...

Pride, you blast everything that happened on sunday, but finish up by saying that Billy is growing on you? 0 credibility.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

I agree with 1,3,4 and 5 though.
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Pride
        • Jul 2002

Me saying that Billy Buffalo is growing on me gives me 0 credibility? umm ok.

I was positive in saying that the Defense wasnt as bad as everyone was thinking it is...?

Comment

• casdhf
          • Jul 2002

you're right, the billy thing threw me for a loop
          cas,

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Let's see, 1.) Losman should be benched after 3 games, but 3.) the defense is really good, they've just sucked for the last 2 games? I think Losman might turn it around sooner than the D.

I agree with your other points, however, particularly 6. Why in HELL do those idiots try to start the wave at the most stupid, inappropriate times? I'm beginning to think we have a fairly high percentage of mindless fans.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• camelcowboy
              • Mar 2005

Pride, i hope your wrong about Takeo, Losman needs to stay in, Ron Edwards sucks, our o-line is garbage. Thanks thats all,

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Pride

2. TKO's career is over... as a Bill and as a football player. He will never come back from this injury and be effective (see Sam Cowart)
                See Willis McGahee. Granted, different injury, but this is 2005- it's amazing what they can do. And TKO is a competitor- the more people that doubt him, the stronger he will come back.

3. Our defense isnt nearly as bad as all of you think it is. I believe they are simply trying to do too much. They are trying to single handedly win the games... they are going for INT's instead of batting the ball away... they are going for fumbles rather than wrapping up tackles... they are blitzing heavily to try to force turnovers and that allows big runs and passes. If they felt for 1 second our offense could score enough to win the game, I bet this gets greatly diminished.
                This gave me an interesting thought- without Spikes, could the D actually improve in the sense that they will simplify their schemes and stop going for the big play on every down?

4. Tom Clements (or whoever is calling the offensive plays) needs to have his ass whooped! 3rd and 3 we go 4 WR's??? To me.. that is the same as Gilbride used to call.
                I thought the same thing on several third down calls, and it pissed me off. Especially considering the fact that we ran the ball so well.

5. Our WR's wanted a more open offense, and they got it this week. Regardless of whether or not the passes were on target, they need to get open! I hardly saw a WR beating a CB on the field the other day. We threw 5 long passes I believe, and all 5 times, the CB was blanketing our WR. Sure the pass was off, but had it been on target, it may have been picked off or batted down anyway.
                It's tough to tell on TV cuz they focus on the ball and don't show wide angles, but I got the impression from watching JP that the receivers either weren't open or he couldn't find the one that was.

6. Stupid Fans!!! Who were the morons trying to start the wave in the 3rd quarter while we were down and on Defense??? MORONS!!! I've already stated the rules for the wave. But I assumed people knew you had to be WINNING to even consider it! Don't get me started on the fights in the stadium that day (2 of which were within earshot of me)
                The other 74,999 fans didn't get your memo. Give it up dude- anytime there's people in a stadium, they're going to do the wave.

10. Props to the Concession guys for having guys/gals out selling water/soda/etc at this game. They didnt do enough of it at the opener... we complained... they listened and changed it. I saw a guy selling water at least twice every quarter Because of that, I didnt need to leave my seat once!
                Glad they fixed that- it pissed me off at the opener cuz it was so hot and I didn't want to miss 10 minutes of the game to go get something to drink. Fortunately Dora bailed me out.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• billsburgh
                  • Jul 2003

Julian Peterson has come back pretty well from the same injury.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsburgh
                    Julian Peterson has come back pretty well from the same injury.
                    It all depends on where the tear is and how bad it is...I believe Cowart's was complete and Peterson just had a "tear".

I like McDonald's food

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Working...
                    X