PDA

View Full Version : What does this Defense need?

camelcowboy
09-27-2005, 08:51 AM
Ok, im finally recovered from the amount of drinking i needed to make the falcons game bearable. I have been lurking because, if i posted any time before this my anger would have got me baned.

Any ways the thing that disturbed me the most about the team on sunday is the defense. I have never seen so many 3rd and longs given up by a defense. What worries me is this has been the case for as long as Jerry Gray has been the D-cordinator. They are stout 1st and 2nd down, but they are garbage on 3rd and 4th down. Sunday, it was 3rd and 17, 3rd and 10, 3rd and 8. Jacksonville 4th and 23. What the hell? How can this team be so soft mentally, on Paper, and stats wise the bills were one of the better defenses, but they can't finish teams off. They have no killer instinct. I just can't place my finger why. Is it the coach? is it the D-line, is it the linebackers, is it just the personality of this defense?. We are mentally soft, and it pisses me off, the talent is better then this. Fletcher keeps saying that the bills defense is going to be like the ravens, 85 bears, etc. None of these teams had a problem finishing a team off on 3rd down.

What is the missing piece? :feedback:

Sportsuser101
09-27-2005, 08:54 AM
A doctor?

Stewie
09-27-2005, 09:06 AM
An efficient QB would do wonders for the defense.

OpIv37
09-27-2005, 09:12 AM
Like Pride said earlier, they need to stop going for the big play- on 3rd down in passing situations, show blitz then drop back into zone coverage.