• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Looking ahead to the Saints game....

Ok look, we've beaten the negatives of the Falcons game into the ground (and this is coming from one of the most pessimistic posters on this board). Let's move on and start talking about the Saints game- what do you want to see to restore some confidence in this team?

Personally, I think we really need to make a statement here and thoroughly outplay this team. So far, they've been more inept than us in nearly every facet of the game and they're playing a "home" game in a remote location far from their fan base. I'll be happy with a W any way we get it, but I won't feel any better about this team unless we really beat the hell out of them. Here's what I'd like to see:

1. A dominating performance from the D. I've basically given up hope of this unit being the force it was the past two seasons, but I'd like them to show something to suggest they can still get it done.

2. More accurate passes from Losman- he doesn't need to shred defenses- just put the ball close enough to the receivers to allow them to make a play on the ball. Of course, this is dependent on.....

3. the Oline improving pass blocking. Give the kid a chance.

4. Better play calling on both sides of the ball. Don't blitz until you're confident you can get there, no more Gilbride 4-wide plays on 3rd and 3, more running in the red zone.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Looking ahead to the Saints game....

Has the player Nate Clements coved caught a pass all season?
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by casdhf
      Has the player Nate Clements coved caught a pass all season?
      not that I can recall- I think they've only thrown at him 3-4 times and he's made the play each time. The Falcons only threw at him once- the fade route in the end zone- and he knocked the ball away.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

bump- no one else has any thoughts on the upcoming game?
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• casdhf
          • Jul 2002

I wanna see how Clements plays vs a big time WR, in Joe Horn. I think Clements pics a pass.
          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

i want to see willis get 200 yards.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• casdhf
              • Jul 2002

I want to see the team win.
              cas,

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• djjimkelly
                • Apr 2003

what i would truly like to see from bills is a real commitment to setting JP up for a decent game by this i mean more 1st and second down passing. and my thought is i dont want to see either a 5 yard out or curl. and also dont want to see 40 yard bombs. where is the imtermediate routes. i know much of the blame the last 2 weeks falls on JP and im not looking through rose colored glasses.... but i truly think play calling these last 2 games has been a big set up for failure. in the bucs game we ran I form 2 TEs 2 RB 1 wr id say about 75% of the game till last in 4th quarter. while this could be a great formation to pass from if your running game is taking chunks. IT WASNT the playcalling vs bucs was to me a set up for JP to fail. if an astute fan like myself could watch game on TV and call out run or pass 90% of the time on 1st and 2nd down what could monty kiffen do? this last game while i know willis was taking chunks of yardage on the ground we all know running eats clock and passing scores points. besides what 3 -4 deep balls which passing interference was called on each one these passing plays where crap and the ones that may have not been crap a jailbreak blitz hit JP (DREW STYLE) where was the PA action power run game passing that we have been told we are gonna run where is the pass on 2nd and 4 on a 15-20 yard route.

my overall observation with the exception on the first 15 minutes vs houston is that our coaching staff has been very casual if not frugal in their playcalling then expecting in essence a rookie to come up big on 3rd down. i know we are not gonna get every 3rd down or that JP will connect on each pass play on 1st or second down but once again if a hardcore fan like myself and many other who watch our bills can call out run or pass before it happens what do u think professionals can do.

all that being said this is the game where our offense has to be allowed to open up the saints are a mistake prone team and im sure our d will force enough bad plays to give the offense a chance to take chances that arent 50 yard bombs.

Comment

• Luisito23
                  Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by casdhf
                  I want to see the team win.

Me 2 doggy, me 2....

Sun. is a must.

GO BILLS!!!!!!
                  "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                  ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                  ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                  ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Patrick76777
                    • Jul 2002

This is a huge game. If we can beat an average Saints team and go to 2-2, we’ll come home for Miami and the Jets. The Jets look terrible and although Miami is playing better, I still don’t think they’re anything to write home about.

Conceivably, if we win Sunday, we could be 4-2 heading into Oakland!
                    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

Motivation. That's the key word.
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Kerr
                        Hall of Fame Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

I think Nate will shut down Horn.

I think Willis will run over 100 yds.

I think Angelo Crowell will play solid for the rest of the season.

As for JP, I don't know how he'll do?

Comment

• HAMMER
                          I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                          • Jul 2003

Run the god damn ball!

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

Actually, with the starting Safety out, I think they should throw more and let JP get some practice at it. They should run also, but they should do a mix. On the D, stop Deuce at all costs, make them become 1-dimensional, and put Nate on Horn. That should neutralize them pretty effectively. I think Mularkey and company do a decent job of coming up with a game plan - can they execute it is another story. If JP can't throw, the Saints will just stack the box against Willis, and we go around in circles with the same problem. JP HAS to be able to throw and connect!

Comment

• Kerr
                              Hall of Fame Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

We should also stack the box against McCallister because Aaron Brooks has been far from impressive thus far.

Comment

Working...
                              X