PDA

View Full Version : Just heard on Sirius NFL radio

fabolouspaul
09-27-2005, 09:52 AM
Jets are going to announce the signing of Vinny Testaverde later today. 2 year deal

OpIv37
09-27-2005, 09:54 AM
:lolpoint: Jets. While they're at it, why don't they give Dave Krieg a call and see what he's up to.

BleedinGreenNC
09-27-2005, 10:03 AM
:lolpoint: Jets. While they're at it, why don't they give Dave Krieg a call and see what he's up to.See, that is why all of the Jets fans are upset, the front office makes stupid moves like this, it's time for me to find a new team.

casdhf
09-27-2005, 10:04 AM
that's funny, I heard they had to turn to Vinny because Ken O'Brien wanted too much money to come back

Static
09-27-2005, 10:06 AM
From what i read on the Jets message board....Bollenger was suppose to be the next Tom Brady......

footballhottie
09-27-2005, 10:06 AM
wow....i think that about sums it up

OpIv37
09-27-2005, 10:09 AM
See, that is why all of the Jets fans are upset, the front office makes stupid moves like this, it's time for me to find a new team.

I wouldn't go that far- hell, our front office makes stupid moves all the time. GREG JERMAN started as our right tackle this past week- how the hell do you let that happen?

Mr. Cynical
09-27-2005, 10:09 AM
Isn't Broadway Joe Namath available? Last I heard he was looking pretty good for an 80 year old.

fabolouspaul
09-27-2005, 10:10 AM
http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/ny-spjets0928,0,5616742.story?coll=ny-homepage-bigpix2005

Gunzlingr
09-27-2005, 10:21 AM
Where is Jeff George when you need him?

BleedinGreenNC
09-27-2005, 10:31 AM
From what i read on the Jets message board....Bollenger was suppose to be the next Tom Brady......Most of us do not think he is the next Tom Brady, i for one am worried. It's time to start thinking about who we are going to draft, by the way, sorry to heat about Spikes, that is a hard hit to your defense, but i think that you guys will be fine, cant say that for us though.

Static
09-27-2005, 10:35 AM
Where is Jeff George when you need him?

I always love when they bring Jeff Geoge back.....he plays his first game and the announcers always ask why isn't this guy still in the league...but by the second game they realize that he is a D*** and once agian is out of the league.

footballhottie
09-27-2005, 10:40 AM
lol its like a step back in time....

pintonick96
09-27-2005, 10:46 AM
Why would they not sign Quincy Carter or even Tim Couch and sign Vinny Testaverde. They really dont wanna make the playoffs.

slakjaw157
09-27-2005, 11:00 AM
Isn't Broadway Joe Namath available? Last I heard he was looking pretty good for an 80 year old.

Can't stay sober, could try and fit it in between sips.

sunshynman
09-27-2005, 11:08 AM
Think we can lure Jimbo from retirement ? j/k

CuseJetsFan83
09-27-2005, 01:20 PM
Why would they not sign Quincy Carter or even Tim Couch and sign Vinny Testaverde. They really dont wanna make the playoffs.
they had quincy last year and that didnt work out....... tim couch....... well.... if the browns didn't want him, you think the jets would?

Vinny, i understand why he is there..... he has arm strength, but it just sets him up to get put in the grinder and pounded too.

im still optimistic on this year, but hell, this feels so much like bledsoe when brady came in..... only difference is.....brooks is defintely not tom brady

this year still has a long way to go, and who knows.... maybe a few other players will get injured and the tables will turn... ie. all the injuries in the patriots game.... rodney harrison (sorry he got hurt, but thank god, he is a horrible trash talker) and matt light

TKO is a huge blow for the bills...... i like him too, especially on some of my fantasy leagues, he was a very very very valuable leader on the field. JUST DONT LOSE WILLIS!

CuseJetsFan83
09-27-2005, 01:22 PM
hahaha, im watching herman edwards' press conference, and he said the older players remember him........ the younger ones...... they only know him from madden video games...... mainly the first one........ LOW BLOW!

pintonick96
09-27-2005, 01:23 PM
Vinny is a joke. I'd give away a 3rd rounder to SD for Rivers or a 3rd to Washington for Ramsey before signing the star of the cult film Geriatric Park.

Static
09-27-2005, 01:25 PM
hahaha, im watching herman edwards' press conference, and he said the older players remember him........ the younger ones...... they only know him from madden video games...... mainly the first one........ LOW BLOW!

Wow that is a bit of a put down.....was he kidding or os he not happy having vinny?

DaBills
09-27-2005, 01:25 PM

Only passes he's throwing are to females sideline reporters.

BleedinGreenNC
09-27-2005, 01:26 PM
hahaha, im watching herman edwards' press conference, and he said the older players remember him........ the younger ones...... they only know him from madden video games...... mainly the first one........ LOW BLOW!That is pretty pathetic, makes for a long season.

CuseJetsFan83
09-27-2005, 01:33 PM
Wow that is a bit of a put down.....was he kidding or os he not happy having vinny?
he was joking because of the younger players... ie> the rookies who have never played with him but only seen him on tv/played the video games.

herm was a bit upbeat although he realizes that its going to be a long season. but did say that with injuries to the other teams in the division will help keep things close