PDA

View Full Version : Uhhhh...lets not forget

footballhottie
09-27-2005, 03:38 PM
This time last year we were 0-3...

DraftBoy
09-27-2005, 03:48 PM
Yes thank you, I was afraid we had all forgotten that precious bit of info <-Sarcasm

What is the point of this post exactly? I am curious

Mr. Miyagi
09-27-2005, 03:51 PM
The point is, 1-2 is much better than 0-3?

SuperBowl here we come.

Ebenezer
09-27-2005, 03:55 PM
Uhhhh...lets not forget...

that at this time last year we had a defense that apparently could stop other teams...had a softer schedule...had a QB with experience that could still the long ball...had Willis in the wings...

the spark this year is??

Mr. Miyagi
09-27-2005, 03:57 PM
the spark this year is??
Angelo Crowell apparently.

Ebenezer
09-27-2005, 03:59 PM
Angelo Crowell apparently.
:faint:

Mr. Miyagi
09-27-2005, 04:01 PM
:faint:
It's sure as hell not Stamer :bam:

AG75
09-27-2005, 04:55 PM
Sigh...

Last year we had a far superior team imho. I can honestly say I felt much better about the first 4 losses than I did about our home opener winner. Last year was frustrating because we had a good team and lost a number of games we should have won, this season I feel like we will be lucky to get anymore wins.

Willis is great, our defense is "ok" and imho that's about it. Our offense is anemic!

Ebenezer
09-27-2005, 04:58 PM
Sigh...

Last year we had a far superior team imho. I can honestly say I felt much better about the first 4 losses than I did about our home opener winner. Last year was frustrating because we had a good team and lost a number of games we should have won, this season I feel like we will be lucky to get anymore wins.

Willis is great, our defense is "ok" and imho that's about it. Our offense is anemic!
Hi AG...welcome back!

BAM
09-27-2005, 05:01 PM
It's sure as hell not Stamer :bam:
You wanna **** me or somethin?

Devin
09-27-2005, 05:01 PM
Dont forget in 1996 we started off 2-1 after 3 games.

wtf?

AG75
09-27-2005, 05:04 PM
Hi AG...welcome back!

Thanks Eb ;) I have been here for a while, just lurking a lot lately :)

Ebenezer
09-27-2005, 05:05 PM
Thanks Eb ;) I have been here for a while, just lurking a lot lately :)
Lurk no longer...good to have you back.

Captain Obvious
09-27-2005, 05:09 PM
UHHHH.... lets not forget last year at this time we were 0-2 and coming off our bye week.

Mr. Miyagi
09-27-2005, 05:25 PM
Sorry I didn't use your smiley to insinuate you. Just basically anyone with a long face. :brace:

footballhottie
09-27-2005, 05:38 PM
It's sure as hell not Stamer :bam: :love: warm feeling.....

OpIv37
09-27-2005, 08:55 PM

This thread should be in the Bills zone, but who cares.

1. Last year, we had a much weaker schedule
2. Last year, we had Jonas Jennings and Pat Williams
3. Last year, our defense could stop people
4. Last year Takeo Spikes was healthy for the whole season

You know, some people keep trying to say that we lost to two very good teams. And that may be the case, but there are a few problems here that make the situation so frustrating:

1. Regardless of who the teams are, the fact remains that we have 2 losses early in the season and it hampers our playoff chances.
2. We STILL can't beat good teams. It's one thing to beat up on Houston, Cleveland and SFi. It's another thing to be able to compete with Pittsburgh, NE and Atlanta.
3. Some of the same old problems from 2003 are still problems: QB play, O line play, 3rd down offense, giving up big plays on defense...
4. Some brand new problems have surfaced to add to the old ones, most notably run defense and 3rd down defense.

Dora The Explorer
09-27-2005, 08:59 PM
whatever

Meathead
09-27-2005, 09:06 PM
Neither "ass" nor "cup" are three letters.

hmmm ...

Well I'm stumped.

chernobylwraiths
09-27-2005, 09:10 PM

You know, some people keep trying to say that we lost to two very good teams. And that may be the case, but there are a few problems here that make the situation so frustrating:

1. Regardless of who the teams are, the fact remains that we have 2 losses early in the season and it hampers our playoff chances.
2. We STILL can't beat good teams. It's one thing to beat up on Houston, Cleveland and SFi. It's another thing to be able to compete with Pittsburgh, NE and Atlanta.
3. Some of the same old problems from 2003 are still problems: QB play, O line play, 3rd down offense, giving up big plays on defense...
4. Some brand new problems have surfaced to add to the old ones, most notably run defense and 3rd down defense.

2. Actually, the only thing about the losses that hamper our playoff chances is the fact that it is two losses. Losses to NFC opponents mean NOTHING in tiebreakers.

4. Third down defense was a problem last year as well.

OpIv37
09-27-2005, 09:22 PM
2. Actually, the only thing about the losses that hamper our playoff chances is the fact that it is two losses. Losses to NFC opponents mean NOTHING in tiebreakers.

well losses always mean something. In the AFC, it basically takes 10-6 to get in the playoffs, which means we have to finish out the season 9-4 to have a good shot, 8-5 to have an outside shot.

Meathead
09-27-2005, 09:22 PM
warm feeling.....
Where?

PUCKER
09-27-2005, 11:30 PM
Im not giving up yet,but this still hurts. :ill:

Meathead
09-27-2005, 11:58 PM
Where?

Demon
09-28-2005, 12:08 AM
Im not giving up yet,but this still hurts. :ill:

I'm not giving up either. But, it's no secret this team has many holes. We havn't made the playoffs in 5 years, and we've won 1 playoff game in past 10 years. Ladies, we are the new Bungles! Things just don't go right for us......

slakjaw157
09-28-2005, 01:04 AM
I'm not giving up either. But, it's no secret this team has many holes. We havn't made the playoffs in 5 years, and we've won 1 playoff game in past 10 years. Ladies, we are the new Bungles! Things just don't go right for us......

After last game it is more like Dungles.

footballhottie
09-28-2005, 08:09 AM
Where?kinda a whole body thing... lol say his name again !!

clumping platelets
09-28-2005, 08:15 AM
Stay-Mur

clumping platelets
09-28-2005, 08:16 AM
The spark will be Roscoe Parrish

Tinboy
09-28-2005, 08:19 AM
Well I don't know about you but I'm a die hard Bills fans and have been for almost 15 years, come rain or shine my heart beats for them. So if we are 1-15 this year I will be back next year, and year after that and the year...

clumping platelets
09-28-2005, 08:21 AM
Well I don't know about you but I'm a die hard Bills fans and have been for almost 15 years, come rain or shine my heart beats for them. So if we are 1-15 this year I will be back next year, and year after that and the year...

:bf1:

footballhottie
09-28-2005, 08:43 AM
Stay-Murmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................

footballhottie
09-28-2005, 08:45 AM
:blush:

mysticsoto
09-28-2005, 09:38 AM

Everybody remembers last year fondly b'cse of our ending. Let me see if I can remember some things...I seem to remember that the Bills Defense couldn't stop the teams when push came to shove which was why we lost the 1st 4 games mostly. I remember Drew used to fumble quite a bit or throw interceptions or get sacked alot! I remember wincing each time we had to rely on Drew to make a play. I remember Jonas Jennings being out atleast a few games due to injury-itis. In fact, I remember the Oline playing crummy until the 5th game when they finally started gelling a bit.

Let's not make it seem like last year we had such wonderfulness - we struggled quite a bit until we got our groove together and that was against weak NFC teams. This year, we still don't have our groove together - and even once we get it together, we will face some tough teams. So what? If we can't beat those tough teams then we are not good enough with the personnel we have. Oh well. Then as a true fan, we wait give them our support and keep chugging along until we get the right combination of personnel that can take us to the promised land. But we need to keep in mind that immediate gratification (ie short term thinking) can sometimes sabotage our long term chances.

It amazes me how quickly people jump on "The Sky is falling" bandwagon...

OpIv37
09-28-2005, 10:29 AM
Everybody remembers last year fondly b'cse of our ending. Let me see if I can remember some things...I seem to remember that the Bills Defense couldn't stop the teams when push came to shove which was why we lost the 1st 4 games mostly.
the reason for that is because the offense left the defense on the field too long and they eventually wore down and gave up a big play .

And you call it "the sky is falling" bandwagon. The best part of this team was the defense, which has played horribly and now is missing it's best player. No one expected JP to tear up the league, but no one expected him to be this bad either. So I don't know why you expect it to get magically better, especially now that we have some key injuries. Yeah, we'll probably beat the Saints, but like you said we were able to beat weak NFC teams last year and it didn't get us anywhere.

Meathead
09-28-2005, 11:11 AM
kinda a whole body thing... lol say his name again !!
It's ok if you accidentally call me Josh.

The last buffalo fan
09-28-2005, 11:52 AM
It's ok if you accidentally call me Josh.
Or, you can call him The last buffalo fan, preciosa. I'm not jealous!!!

But one sure thing is, you won't feel the same with them, that you feel with me.