PDA

View Full Version : Is this the last time the Sabres will need public money?

HenryRules
01-07-2003, 09:26 AM
How many of you think that if Hammister winds up getting the money he's looking for in his bid, that it will be the last time for the foreseeable future (say 10 years) that he will ask for money?

Personally, I think this is only the beginning and after the 2004 CBA is signed, Buffalo is going to be asked to chip in to save the Sabres again.

lordofgun
01-07-2003, 09:36 AM
It's a pandora's box. Once the tax money starts it won't stop. People in Buffalo and NY will be paying for the sabres for a long time.

Ebenezer
01-07-2003, 09:40 AM
especially if the NHL doesn't do something to change the monetary structure of the league.

Buffarama
01-07-2003, 09:43 AM
I think the NHL has reached the end of the road across the league. The league will either get it right or fold. There's no reason to fold, all they have to do is find players to play for less, which is still more than they can make doing anything else.

Earthquake Enyart
01-07-2003, 09:47 AM
I think Hammister will need no more money. He knows what he is doing.

Ebenezer
01-07-2003, 11:03 AM
That is one of the differences in the Galisano and Hamister bids...Galisano appears to simply want to buy the team...no necessary improvements to bring in other sources of revenue unless he plans on pulling more money out of his pocket later...the things Hamister wants will generate more revenue and help prop up the franchise...albeit through loans rather than his own money.