PDA

View Full Version : EVERYONE NEEDS TO CHILL WITH JP

GBS 18
09-27-2005, 09:34 PM
Everyone needs to realize that if we were to pull JP like some of you may think we need to do we are going NOWHERE. Is Holcomb really capable of taking us to the playoffs? WE DON'T KNOW if he is or not, and to place him in the starting line up in WEEK 4 is rediculious. Some of you people might forget we are 1-2 right now and its 3 games into the season, if you can judge a quarterbacks career after 3 games like some of you are doing then Peyton Manning, and Brett Favre must be complete busts then right? ill even prove it...here are Mannings stats from his first 3 games in his first season in 1998

week 1. 21-37 302 yards 1 TD 3 INT QB rating = 58.6 game outcome = L
week 2. 21-33 188 yards 1 TD 3 INT QB rating = 51.1 game outcome = L
week 3. 20-44 193 yards 0 TD 2 INT QB rating = 39.3 game outcome = L

source - http://www.angelfire.com/ia3/coltspeyton/1998.htm#q1998

my point is yeah the season off to not such a great start we all know that. But we have to keep JP in there because he can only get better than he is right now...we have to be patient with him because look what has happened to QBs in the past that have been benched early (LEAF, COUCH, AKILI SMITH). IF we bench JP now in favor for Holcomb it may seem good in the short run if holcomb wins us a few games but how its this going to work out down the road when JP plays again with no confidence and no experience?

i rest my case and GO BILLS

and yes i still BillIEVE
<!-- / message -->

ScottLawrence
09-27-2005, 09:41 PM
Everyone needs to realize that if we were to pull JP like some of you may think we need to do we are going NOWHERE. Is Holcomb really capable of taking us to the playoffs? WE DON'T KNOW if he is or not, and to place him in the starting line up in WEEK 4 is rediculious. Some of you people might forget we are 1-2 right now and its 3 games into the season, if you can judge a quarterbacks career after 3 games like some of you are doing then Peyton Manning, and Brett Favre must be complete busts then right? ill even prove it...here are Mannings stats from his first 3 games in his first season in 1998

week 1. 21-37 302 yards 1 TD 3 INT QB rating = 58.6 game outcome = L
week 2. 21-33 188 yards 1 TD 3 INT QB rating = 51.1 game outcome = L
week 3. 20-44 193 yards 0 TD 2 INT QB rating = 39.3 game outcome = L

source - http://www.angelfire.com/ia3/coltspeyton/1998.htm#q1998

my point is yeah the season off to not such a great start we all know that. But we have to keep JP in there because he can only get better than he is right now...we have to be patient with him because look what has happened to QBs in the past that have been benched early (LEAF, COUCH, AKILI SMITH). IF we bench JP now in favor for Holcomb it may seem good in the short run if holcomb wins us a few games but how its this going to work out down the road when JP plays again with no confidence and no experience?

i rest my case and GO BILLS

and yes i still BillIEVE
<!-- / message -->

Read my post in the other thread.

Have faith in what? Why should I have faith in a kid who was drafted by a GM who has had problems in the past evaulating quarterbacks?

Losman has showed me nothing to have faith in, he looks confused, scared, and lost out there. I could care less about what would happen to Losman in the future if we bench him for Holcomb, because right now it looks like he doesn't have a future.

ShadowHawk7
09-27-2005, 09:54 PM
Didn't the Colts go 3-13 that year? I think we've waited long enough, and deserve some results. I believe JP has shown flashes, but has been far too inconsistent to generate a passing game. I think that his consistency will improve eventually this season.

slakjaw157
09-28-2005, 01:32 AM
One thing is obvious, I don't think we realized how good we had it when Jimbo was playing. I don't think our franchise will ever again see someone so dominate at the QB position in Buffalo. aaaahhhhhh the good ole days! tear...tear....tear.

djjimkelly
09-28-2005, 03:30 AM
JP will be fine once the training wheels are off the o plays to me are being telegraphed. i want to see him start throwing 10-20 yard patternson first or second down. or a slant i dont think we have seen one this year yet. JP WILL BE FINE

Tinboy
09-28-2005, 03:44 AM
Jesus, I can't believe some people... JP a rookie, period. Holcomb have been a benchplayer all his career and is no starter. If you want playoff this year, go cheer on the colts, I'm sticking with Bills.

Luisito23
09-28-2005, 03:47 AM
Jesus, I can't believe some people... JP a rookie, period. Holcomb have been a benchplayer all his career and is no starter. If you want playoff this year, go cheer on the colts, I'm sticking with Bills.

:bf1: :bf1: :bf1: :bf1: :bf1: .......

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

juice
09-28-2005, 06:29 AM
There are alot of Vets on this defense, Fletch, Milloy, Vincent, Sam & Clements in a FA year, they deserve a shot at the POst season.. Holcomb gives this team a chance to win games now and JP could use some time to figure out how to play QB.

If Holcomb could throw for 225yds/gm and Willis run for 125/gm this team could be competitive in the East this year. Solid special Teams (Lindell & McGee) and a defense thats a nice mixture of Youth with Vet leaders, could rally this team to a 10-6 record.. but only if we win some games now.

Thats what they brought Holcomb here for as an insurance policy.. With Spikes going down it's time to file that claim and hope Holcomb continues his pre-season level of play.