Can the Bills get a fair shake in San Antonio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloRanger
    WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
    • Mar 2003

Can the Bills get a fair shake in San Antonio?

It seems that there are always 4 of 5 bad calls that go against the Bills each game.

Some fans will say "Bad calls happen."

I say "Then WTF is instant replay for?!"

I think the NFL front office can have an impact on games by telling the head ref to look closer at one team. To me, this explains the head ref talking line judges out of PI calls, adjusting spots backward, failing to overturn his own calls with the "inconclusive excuse." When millions of millions of dollars are on the line in TV revenue and merchandising sales is it too far fetched to think that the powers that be may want some control over it?

Now this week the NFL has a team playing for the first time in San Antonio. A city that is a potential new home for the Saints. The NFL will want those fans to leave happy.

Then there is the Saints team that played a "home" game in NYC (great for TV ratings). The NFL doesn't want the Saints to crumble and finish 4-12. That would be embarrassing for the NFL. If anything the Saints will start to get the "Patriots after 9/11" treatment. No calls will go against them.

That is why I think there will be alot of questionable, drive-ending calls against the Bills this Sunday. Look for:

holding calls on 3rd downs on the Bills Oline
    holding calls during long WM runs
    PI calls on Bills DBs
    Late hit calls on Bills Def
    Very few if any Saints PI penalties
    No "generous spots" for the Bills offense.
    Saints will surely get generous spots if they need them

Call me stupid. Call me paranoid. The only way the Bills can win this game is if they score fast and build a big lead. If it's a close game in the 4th Quarter, expect to be frustrated by those "bad calls" that seem to happen.

I'll be at the Alamodome, losing my mind over the inevitable bad calls.
    Buffalo Only and Always.
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: Can the Bills get a fair shake in San Antonio?

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
      • Mar 2003

What color is the sky in your world Dozer?
      Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

seriously, I do see a lot of bad calls going against the Bills. But I know I can't be objective on the subject- it seems to me that there's probably a fair amount of bad calls against EVERY team- just we don't notice or care when it's not against the Bills. I think the officiating in general needs to be improved.

BTW I doubt the NFL would risk it's credibility in the way you're describing. Protecting a QB is one thing- that's a stated goal and every player and fan knows it. What you're describing is borderline conspiracy, and we saw how well predetermined football worked with the XFL.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• R. Rich
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
          I'll be at the Alamodome, losing my mind over the inevitable bad calls.

Me too, save for the part about losing my mind over bad calls.

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

The zebras are crapping on a LOT of teams this year, and it's just gonna get worse! They suck, they should be replaced.
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• R. Rich
              • Apr 2003

Officials don't need to be replaced, they need to be properly trained and to be FULL TIME officials, not weekend warriors.

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

I'll take that, too. Anything but they way they are crapping on fields now.
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                  • Mar 2003

What is the excuse for bad calls? They have replays with 5 angles. Bad calls should be very few and far between.

I have no faith in the credibility of referees after the Rams/Pats Superbowl.

I will always be convinced that the NFL front office wanted to see the Jets in the playoffs over the Bills last season. So many bad calls against the Bills in that game. Then the head ref goes on to ref the SuperBowl. Quid Pro Quo.
                  Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

I'm not paranoid about the officiating of Bills games. I simply discovered a long time ago that they are all out to get us.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• dominizzo
                      • Sep 2005

saints are coming off a really bad loss to the vikings and this is their first real 'home' game is u want to call it that...i think they are going to unload against the hapless bills. Don't be surprised if deuce has 200 yards rushing and brooks throws for 5 tds against your bad defense

RONNIE BROWN WILL RUN OVER THE NFL GO H2

Comment

Working...
                      X