PDA

View Full Version : NFL Acknowledges 52 second error

The King
09-28-2005, 12:07 PM
I dont even know how to react.:puke:

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- A clock error added 52 seconds to the fourth quarter of the Patriots-Steelers game Sunday. The extra time aided the Patriots during a winning drive that ended with Adam Vinatieri (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/3727/)'s 43-yard field goal with 1 second remaining.
NFL Failed to adjust 52

``There's nothing to say. The game's over,'' Rooney said. ``It's not going to change the score.''
Story (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AuizRoyCf0biNRBCKAnNFqdDubYF?slug=ap-patriots-steelersclock&prov=ap&type=lgns)

casdhf
09-28-2005, 12:11 PM
why don't they just give them 16 Bye weeks and a home field through the playoffs?

mybills
09-28-2005, 12:12 PM
Why don't they just give them another SB ring and air something else on tv.

MikeInRoch
09-28-2005, 12:13 PM
Here's the thing, tho....

When there was 2:00 minutes left on the clock (which should have been 1:08), I'll bet that Pittsburgh thought it was in *their* favor to have the extra time.

I don't think you can point to this and say that it caused the Patriots to win.

R. Rich
09-28-2005, 12:13 PM
If this had happened closer to the end of the game, I could see people being so worked up about it. The Steelers had almost an entire quarter to not only stop the Patriots, but to generate some offense for themselves. During that entire game, the Steelers were being outmuscled by the Pats, something I never would've thought I'd see happen to Pittsburgh, especially when they're playing @ home! They can gripe all they want about 52 seconds, but considering how much time was left in that game, they can't ***** that the clock error cost them the win. The beating they took up front both offensively and defensively cost them the game.

Romes
09-28-2005, 12:15 PM
The game was played in Pittsburgh. Its their own fault. Plus it was early in the 4th quarter, whose to say the game wouldn't have been played differently on both sides if there was less time. Also, Pittsburgh got aided by a bogus PI call on 4th down.

Yeah, the 52 seconds hurts the intergrity of the game but I don't think the outcome was unfair.

TheBrownBear
09-28-2005, 12:31 PM
This is a non-issue and did not change the outcome of the game.

JD
09-28-2005, 12:32 PM
I wonder what the Steelers forum looks like right about now....

The King
09-28-2005, 01:09 PM
I just keep thinking about how the Pats had no timeouts at the end of the game. I know this could've gone 9000 different ways. It just always seems like this stuff just works out for the Patriots.

Static
09-28-2005, 01:21 PM
The clock didn't cause randle el to lateral the ball and lose it.......

dominizzo
09-28-2005, 01:39 PM
all the bad calls and referee hijinks in the world won't save the pats from the beating their going to get at the hands of the dolphins.

Jan Reimers
09-28-2005, 01:50 PM
I think those two roughing the passer calls on us against Michelle Vick were a lot more harmful to our cause than this 52 second glitch. Cripes, we hardly got her skirt dirty.

Romes
09-28-2005, 02:28 PM
I think those two roughing the passer calls on us against Michelle Vick were a lot more harmful to our cause than this 52 second glitch. Cripes, we hardly got her skirt dirty.

That and the flag that was picked up on the PI call on moulds.

dominizzo
09-28-2005, 02:32 PM
If you don't play dirty you won't get called for fouls like that. I saw the highlights and your dirty players almost took vicks head off.

The King
09-28-2005, 02:40 PM
If you don't play dirty you won't get called for fouls like that. I saw the highlights and your dirty players almost took vicks head off.
Shouldnt you be off in your Hummer H2 listening to Stuck in Moment?

don137
09-28-2005, 06:44 PM

The second one was a penalty. His arm hit Vick's head. If you think that first one was a penalty than you are just as bad as the refs. The ball wasn't out of Vick's hand a quarter second before he was hit. No way should that of been a penalty. That was a good clean hit. What if Vick pumped faked like he always does. Not enough time to react. That was a protect the high price player penalty.

AndreReed83
09-28-2005, 09:11 PM
It did cause the Pats to win though, at least in regulation. No telling what would have happened in OT, which should have happened. What REALLY should have happened is Randle El shouldn't have made that stupid pitch. The Steelers probably would have gotten points and never would have had to come from behind in the first place.

Mike13
09-28-2005, 10:03 PM
It did cause the Pats to win though, at least in regulation. No telling what would have happened in OT, which should have happened. What REALLY should have happened is Randle El shouldn't have made that stupid pitch. The Steelers probably would have gotten points and never would have had to come from behind in the first place.
He was trying to do what Randy Moss did, the difference is that Moss was getting tackled and Burleson was aware of what was going on, Im not blaming Ward so dont take it that way.

AndreReed83
09-28-2005, 11:03 PM
Yea, Ward didn't do anything wrong on that play. Guy is working his butt off trying to make some blocks then gets the ball thrown at him out of no where. Even if he did catch the ball, there were plenty of people there to tackle him right away, I think he might have even lost some yardage.

jamze132
09-28-2005, 11:15 PM
It's funny how Ron Mexico is always getting the benefit of the doubt on late hit calls. It's because he is the NFL's #1 seller. The league thinks that if the refs call a tighter game when it comes to him getting smacked around, teams will back off and give him his space, and then what happens? He works his magic and makes every person on the defense look spaztastic. This is the NFL's stategy. Has there every really been a QB with the talent of Vick? No, but a few have come close. The NFL will ride this train as long as possible and then find another meal ticket. It's a bunch of hot garbage!

unpaid_bills
09-28-2005, 11:34 PM
It's all a conspiracy

Hasn't Boston won enough the past few years - share the love Bean Town:pimped: