• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

NFL Acknowledges 52 second error

I dont even know how to react.

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- A clock error added 52 seconds to the fourth quarter of the Patriots-Steelers game Sunday. The extra time aided the Patriots during a winning drive that ended with Adam Vinatieri's 43-yard field goal with 1 second remaining.
    NFL Failed to adjust 52
    ``There's nothing to say. The game's over,'' Rooney said. ``It's not going to change the score.''
    Story
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: NFL Acknowledges 52 second error

why don't they just give them 16 Bye weeks and a home field through the playoffs?
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• mybills
      81 st zoner
      • Jul 2002

Why don't they just give them another SB ring and air something else on tv.
      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• MikeInRoch
        • Sep 2003

Here's the thing, tho....

When there was 2:00 minutes left on the clock (which should have been 1:08), I'll bet that Pittsburgh thought it was in *their* favor to have the extra time.

I don't think you can point to this and say that it caused the Patriots to win.
        "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• R. Rich
          • Apr 2003

If this had happened closer to the end of the game, I could see people being so worked up about it. The Steelers had almost an entire quarter to not only stop the Patriots, but to generate some offense for themselves. During that entire game, the Steelers were being outmuscled by the Pats, something I never would've thought I'd see happen to Pittsburgh, especially when they're playing @ home! They can gripe all they want about 52 seconds, but considering how much time was left in that game, they can't ***** that the clock error cost them the win. The beating they took up front both offensively and defensively cost them the game.

Comment

• Romes
            • Jul 2002

The game was played in Pittsburgh. Its their own fault. Plus it was early in the 4th quarter, whose to say the game wouldn't have been played differently on both sides if there was less time. Also, Pittsburgh got aided by a bogus PI call on 4th down.

Yeah, the 52 seconds hurts the intergrity of the game but I don't think the outcome was unfair.
            Originally posted by paladin warrior
            RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• TheBrownBear
              • Dec 2004

This is a non-issue and did not change the outcome of the game.

Comment

• JD
                Sabres Zone
                • Sep 2003

I wonder what the Steelers forum looks like right about now....
                “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• The King
                  • Jun 2004

I just keep thinking about how the Pats had no timeouts at the end of the game. I know this could've gone 9000 different ways. It just always seems like this stuff just works out for the Patriots.
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• Static
                    The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying.
                    • Jul 2005

The clock didn't cause randle el to lateral the ball and lose it.......

Comment

• dominizzo
                      • Sep 2005

all the bad calls and referee hijinks in the world won't save the pats from the beating their going to get at the hands of the dolphins.

RONNIE BROWN WILL RUN OVER THE NFL GO H2

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

I think those two roughing the passer calls on us against Michelle Vick were a lot more harmful to our cause than this 52 second glitch. Cripes, we hardly got her skirt dirty.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Romes
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                          I think those two roughing the passer calls on us against Michelle Vick were a lot more harmful to our cause than this 52 second glitch. Cripes, we hardly got her skirt dirty.
                          That and the flag that was picked up on the PI call on moulds.
                          Originally posted by paladin warrior
                          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• dominizzo
                            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            If you don't play dirty you won't get called for fouls like that. I saw the highlights and your dirty players almost took vicks head off.

RONNIE BROWN WILL RUN OVER THE NFL GO H2

Comment

• The King
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by dominizzo
                              If you don't play dirty you won't get called for fouls like that. I saw the highlights and your dirty players almost took vicks head off.
                              Shouldnt you be off in your Hummer H2 listening to Stuck in Moment?
                              It was all

Comment

Working...
                              X