PDA

View Full Version : Whoa! Bills aren't even favored?

Dolphinatic
09-28-2005, 02:14 PM
Just had a glance at the point spreads for this weekend. Even with your team struggling and being on the road, I figured you'd be favored against New Orleans, if only by 2-3 points, but the lines I saw have it even.

Personally, I expect Buffalo to rebound this week (though I admit I won't be crying if you lose).

dominizzo
09-28-2005, 02:17 PM
Bills won't be favored the rest of the year...maybe against the jets unless testeverde is starting but that's about it.

bills_phan
09-28-2005, 02:32 PM
I love how Mijami beats a lousy Denver team, loses to the Dog-A$$ Jets, and squeaks one out against an overrated Carolina team and suddenly their fans show up in droves like they're world-beaters. PLEASE!

Truth is, you're only 1 better than us in record and you're 0-1 in the division. Come back and talk *****t after the halfway mark and we'll see how the division lies. Actually, you may as well talk smack while you can. You're crappy team will show it's true TEAL and ORANGE colors soon enough and you can all go back to rebuilding your trailers.

Samphin1
09-28-2005, 03:00 PM
I love how Mijami beats a lousy Denver team, loses to the Dog-A$$ Jets, and squeaks one out against an overrated Carolina team and suddenly their fans show up in droves like they're world-beaters. PLEASE!

Truth is, you're only 1 better than us in record and you're 0-1 in the division. Come back and talk *****t after the halfway mark and we'll see how the division lies. Actually, you may as well talk smack while you can. You're crappy team will show it's true TEAL and ORANGE colors soon enough and you can all go back to rebuilding your trailers.

Actually, that "lousy" Denver team just got through beating division champions Chargers and pounded the hekc out of the previously undefeated Chiefs.

To follow your logic though, I love how Bills fans beat the worst team in the league in Houston and then proceed to lose the rest of their games up to this point but can talk smack to the team that is currently tied for first place in the division. :brush:

Dolphinatic
09-28-2005, 03:27 PM
I love how Mijami beats a lousy Denver team, loses to the Dog-A$$ Jets, and squeaks one out against an overrated Carolina team and suddenly their fans show up in droves like they're world-beaters.

I didn't say anything about the Dolphins, only that I expected the Bills to be favored on the road and that I expect them to win. Trash?

Why so touchy?

JD
09-28-2005, 03:29 PM
I didn't say anything about the Dolphins, only that I expected the Bills to be favored on the road and that I expect them to win. Trash?

Why so touchy?
It's not you, it's the other troll.

dominizzo
09-28-2005, 04:03 PM

Like the Bills would have won that game against the jets? Puuuhleeeze homer...how is denver lousy they have killed the chargers and chiefs in consecutive weeks after being humbled by the orange and teal machine?

We beat the panthers, who beat the defending world champs....do the math man!

You beat the Texans, teh worse team in the NFL and couldn't even score a TD!!

Wow you guys are really that delusional and angry that we are a better football team than you...this is amazing:lmao:

Seventeen&0
09-28-2005, 05:08 PM
Truth is, our team is making improvements each week and your team is getting weaker each week. I really thought Losman would do much better than he's shown. It could be a long year for the Bills. If you look back at some of my posts, I also thought JP would do well and I've went on the record saying that he's going to be a good one.

Also, the only thing that Dolphinatic was saying is that he expected the Bills to be favored. As I would as well. No trash talking in that. But I guess the odds makers are really down on the Bills losing TKO. We'll see how much of an effect his absence will be.

THATHURMANATOR
09-28-2005, 05:31 PM
Bills won't be favored the rest of the year...maybe against the jets unless testeverde is starting but that's about it.
Dude we are starting slow and may have a worse year than expected but I highly doubt Miami continues to pull it out of their asses either.

paladin warrior
09-28-2005, 07:47 PM
Just had a glance at the point spreads for this weekend. Even with your team struggling and being on the road, I figured you'd be favored against New Orleans, if only by 2-3 points, but the lines I saw have it even.

Personally, I expect Buffalo to rebound this week (though I admit I won't be crying if you lose). So What!!! What happen the Dolphins last year. Did Dolphin make a playoff last year? No DUH! Let me see huum so Dolphins was :lolpoint: 4-12 :roflmao: last year. I hope Dolphins all fan smell fish breath:lmao: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: P.s Dolphins Got unlucky that denver lost.

feelthepain
09-28-2005, 08:01 PM
Dude we are starting slow and may have a worse year than expected but I highly doubt Miami continues to pull it out of their asses either.
Starting to slow??? Don't you have to be going somewhere before you can slow?? Besides the 1 game above 500. season your team had last year is your first winning season in a long time. What was the Bills record the previous five years??? Your Bills have one season out of six years in which you weren't 500. or worse and the Bills are a team to beat?? Man you Bills fans sure do try to squeeze every ounce leverage you can out of one avg. season don't you?? On the other hand Miami has been a tough team in the AFC east for a very long time we have one losing season in 16 years and we lose all respect?? OK, whatever must be Bill's logic, I guess.

Did you ever stop to think that all the changes the fins made in the offseason were changes to improve the team?? Just because we have new players and some new coaches doesn't gaurantee a losing season. Maybe we are better then we were three years ago!! At any rate the neither the Panthers nor Broncos suck, but I knew you people would try to put that spin on the Dolphins wins. Whats the matter, running out of excuses?? I guess we will see what the Bills are made of since you keep losing players, ya know..just like Miami last year. I guess it's our turn to tell you every chance we get that your team has no talent and they will finish last in the division. I guess what comes around, goes around.

feelthepain
09-28-2005, 08:04 PM
So What!!! What happen the Dolphins last year. Did Dolphin make a playoff last year? No DUH! Let me see huum so Dolphins was :lolpoint: 4-12 :roflmao: last year. I hope Dolphins all fan smell fish breath:lmao: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: P.s Dolphins Got unlucky that denver lost.

Someone lost their nook!!!

Mike13
09-28-2005, 09:34 PM

Personally, I expect Buffalo to rebound this week (though I admit I won't be crying if you lose).
Well all I have to say to you bills fans is to ignore what the so called experts say. Im sure Losman and your team will rebound.

SeatownBillsFan21
09-29-2005, 12:29 AM
As long as JP is our QB we will be the underdoggs

slakjaw157
09-29-2005, 01:36 AM

I disagree. They will be favored in plenty of games this year.

SpanishBill
09-29-2005, 06:13 AM
You beat the Texans, teh worse team in the NFL and couldn't even score a TD!!If you mean we couldn't score a Tom Donahoe, you're absolutely right. Now if you mean we couldn't score a touchdown against the Texans, I think you better take another look at that game's stats, buddy. Any idea who Jason Peters is? Probably not...

dominizzo
09-29-2005, 11:06 AM
If you mean we couldn't score a Tom Donahoe, you're absolutely right. Now if you mean we couldn't score a touchdown against the Texans, I think you better take another look at that game's stats, buddy. Any idea who Jason Peters is? Probably not...
When you have to rely on offensive linemen to catch loserman's errant throws that is nothing to boast about. By the way how many TD catches do your receivers or tight ends have?:pimped:

SpanishBill
09-29-2005, 01:26 PM
When you have to rely on offensive linemen to catch loserman's errant throws that is nothing to boast about. By the way how many TD catches do your receivers or tight ends have?:pimped:When Bellichick uses Vrabel as a TE he's the man, but we 'have to rely on linemen to catch'...

Anyways, as you don't seem to know Jason Peters played TE for most of his college career, and it was when he got to the Bills that he was reconverted to OL. He probably was mostly used as a blocking TE back at college, but still got some catches and some yards, so he's mutch more reliable than your regular OL when it comes to catching.

BTW, I wasn't boasting about anything, just pointing out a fact: that we did score a TD (meaning touchdown) against the Texans. You said we didn't, I corrected you. A bit touchy, aren't we?

And finally, if we count Peters as a half-TE, our TEs and WRs have half TD (meaning touchdown). If we don't, then zero. How many more wins do the Fish have than the Bills? One. You see, just facts. Not boasting, no moaning, no nothing. Just facts.

THATHURMANATOR
09-29-2005, 01:44 PM
Starting to slow??? Don't you have to be going somewhere before you can slow?? Besides the 1 game above 500. season your team had last year is your first winning season in a long time. What was the Bills record the previous five years??? Your Bills have one season out of six years in which you weren't 500. or worse and the Bills are a team to beat?? Man you Bills fans sure do try to squeeze every ounce leverage you can out of one avg. season don't you?? On the other hand Miami has been a tough team in the AFC east for a very long time we have one losing season in 16 years and we lose all respect?? OK, whatever must be Bill's logic, I guess.

Did you ever stop to think that all the changes the fins made in the offseason were changes to improve the team?? Just because we have new players and some new coaches doesn't gaurantee a losing season. Maybe we are better then we were three years ago!! At any rate the neither the Panthers nor Broncos suck, but I knew you people would try to put that spin on the Dolphins wins. Whats the matter, running out of excuses?? I guess we will see what the Bills are made of since you keep losing players, ya know..just like Miami last year. I guess it's our turn to tell you every chance we get that your team has no talent and they will finish last in the division. I guess what comes around, goes around.

Maybe you are better but your tone suggests that you think the Dolphins are all of the sudded a playoff contender. I highly doubt that. I am sure you will be better than last year. We may be worse. Lets revisit this in maybe 10 weeks or so and we will have a clearer picture. Who knows you may be in first place by then and good for you. Point is it is too early to write off our season and much to early to annoint the Dolphins division champs!

THATHURMANATOR
09-29-2005, 01:49 PM
You know what is funny? If we were over on Finheaven doing this those *****es would have a hissy fit! Nice to see that we Bill's fans aren't crying like little *****es to the moderators!

dominizzo
09-29-2005, 02:30 PM
You know what is funny? If we were over on Finheaven doing this those *****es would have a hissy fit! Nice to see that we Bill's fans aren't crying like little *****es to the moderators!
Only good teams are allowed to talk smack on FH, I know wharfrat and some of the mods are fed up with finsrclowns and other ignorant bills trolls. We had to listen all summer how good loserman and mcgahee were and how the bills are going to the superbowl...funny how fast things change when reality comes crashing down up in buffalo eh? :comedy: :lmao:

THATHURMANATOR
09-29-2005, 09:02 PM
Only good teams are allowed to talk smack on FH, I know wharfrat and some of the mods are fed up with finsrclowns and other ignorant bills trolls. We had to listen all summer how good loserman and mcgahee were and how the bills are going to the superbowl...funny how fast things change when reality comes crashing down up in buffalo eh? :comedy: :lmao:
Mcgahee is good and Losman will get there. We are only one game behind you guys anyways.

dbergan
09-30-2005, 08:19 AM
Mcgahee is good and Losman will get there. We are only one game behind you guys anyways.McGahee is amazing...and I firmly believe Losman will be a solid QB...In fact I think he will be a VERY good QB. Folks need to chill and think long term here....

No smack talk here from a diehard fin fan. I still remember Kelly and Thurman .:nervous: ...the games are played on the field. You are correct....we are 1 game ahead right now... a Lonngg season ahead!

Go Phins'

THATHURMANATOR
09-30-2005, 01:08 PM
good post Dbergan!! Its not that I mind trash talk I just prefer it to be more intelligent than the YOU SUCK, WE rule stuff that I am seeing.

The Natrix
09-30-2005, 01:23 PM
I don't think either of us (bills and fins fans) are in any position to be **** talking at this point. When is the last time the Bills were in the playoffs? When was the last time the Fins were a real SB contender? We both need to STFU and worry about our own teams.

Shasta McNasty
09-30-2005, 01:34 PM
The bookies are begging you to take New Orleans with that spread.

HHURRICANE
09-30-2005, 01:46 PM
Uhhh, Bills Troll was a Bills basher and a Cowboy fan. Second, nobody over here though better than 7-9 up to 10-6. With that said Losman is going to struggle and besides one bad game McGahee looks pretty solid. I will say that the Dolphins are playing better than anyone thought. Most analysts had them a 3-5 wins team. Still a ways to go before I would buy my playoff tickets.

THATHURMANATOR
09-30-2005, 01:58 PM
Well you do suck .... & we do RULE!!! .... but yes, I too tire from simply stating the obvious. Its still early, & you Jilly's could very well rebound ...... as well as we could very well plumet! Yet will that change the fact that you suck & we rule .... no. Anyway good luck this weekend, you'll need it!
LOL thanks! :bf1:

dominizzo
09-30-2005, 01:58 PM
Uhhh, Bills Troll was a Bills basher and a Cowboy fan. Second, nobody over here though better than 7-9 up to 10-6. With that said Losman is going to struggle and besides one bad game McGahee looks pretty solid. I will say that the Dolphins are playing better than anyone thought. Most analysts had them a 3-5 wins team. Still a ways to go before I would buy my playoff tickets.
And most analysts had the bills as a 4-12 team so whats the point? So far you are living up to billing and we are thriving....long season left thought so who knows what will happen. I like our chances though because we have a great coach, a veteran QB on offense to lead young studs like H20, chambers and mcmichael...and don't forget about zach attack and JT on defense. Anything less than the playoffs will be a dissapointment in miami

Jan Reimers
09-30-2005, 02:29 PM
And most analysts had the bills as a 4-12 team so whats the point? So far you are living up to billing and we are thriving....long season left thought so who knows what will happen. I like our chances though because we have a great coach, a veteran QB on offense to lead young studs like H20, chambers and mcmichael...and don't forget about zach attack and JT on defense. Anything less than the playoffs will be a dissapointment in miami
Isn't it time for you to go back to the asylum?

HHURRICANE
09-30-2005, 03:11 PM
This is what I hate about Miami fans. I made an objective post and the first thing you come up with is "most analyst having the bills at 4-12". Name me one that had us at 4-12. Nobody. The worst I saw was 6-10 and some had us winning the division. Nobody had Miami winning more than 7 games and on average it was 3-5. ESPN had you ranked at the very bottom. Now I am going to laugh when you guys fold like a cheap suit. LOL.

Mitchy moo
09-30-2005, 03:14 PM
And most analysts had the bills as a 4-12 team so whats the point? So far you are living up to billing and we are thriving....long season left thought so who knows what will happen. I like our chances though because we have a great coach, a veteran QB on offense to lead young studs like H20, chambers and mcmichael...and don't forget about zach attack and JT on defense. Anything less than the playoffs will be a dissapointment in miami2-1 is thriving? We were 2-1 a few years ago as well, #1 on the power rankings. We ended up #31 or so. Don't count your chickens, the roosters may take care of them.

dplus47
09-30-2005, 06:27 PM
McGahee is amazing...and I firmly believe Losman will be a solid QB...In fact I think he will be a VERY good QB. Folks need to chill and think long term here....

No smack talk here from a diehard fin fan. I still remember Kelly and Thurman .:nervous: ...the games are played on the field. You are correct....we are 1 game ahead right now... a Lonngg season ahead!

Go Phins'
what he said. we're not all looking to talk smack. it's pretty pointless, imo.

phin fans have a reason to be excited at the moment, because we've had inferior coaching for years and years (since shula really: johnson was more of a GM than a coach). a coaching edge was something we took for granted; no more. in that respect, we have more in common with buffalo fans than we think. the post levy-kelly years have been lean, much like our post shula-marino years. it got pretty easy just watching a team consistently compete, didn't it?

i don't like all the smack talking by dolphin fans at this point: it's WAY TOO EARLY. this team has to stop giving up 100 yards a game in penalties, and they have to figure out how to cover a wideout. i think the first will happen; i hope both will happen.

if i were a bills fan, i'd probably still believe in JP. he definitely has the tools. you have to hope he doesn't turn out like our physically-gifted QB with initials for a name. it's far too early to tell. you have to keep sending him out there. a light will probably come on. i hope it doesn't come on against the phins...

Cntrygal
10-01-2005, 08:23 AM
DAMMIT!!!!!

phin fans have a reason to be excited at the moment, because we've had inferior coaching for years and years (since shula really: johnson was more of a GM than a coach). a coaching edge was something we took for granted; no more. in that respect, we have more in common with buffalo fans than we think. the post levy-kelly years have been lean, much like our post shula-marino years. it got pretty easy just watching a team consistently compete, didn't it?

i don't like all the smack talking by dolphin fans at this point: it's WAY TOO EARLY. this team has to stop giving up 100 yards a game in penalties, and they have to figure out how to cover a wideout. i think the first will happen; i hope both will happen.

if i were a bills fan, i'd probably still believe in JP. he definitely has the tools. you have to hope he doesn't turn out like our physically-gifted QB with initials for a name. it's far too early to tell. you have to keep sending him out there. a light will probably come on. i hope it doesn't come on against the phins...

I HAVE to give you pos rep for this post and WELCOME to the zone.

:ontome:

MDFINFAN
10-01-2005, 09:29 PM

Good post, I can't believe some phin fans are on this board talking smack at this point of the year, as of this post, we're only 3 games in with some real concerns in the secondary and if you think Brady won't have a field day with that we're crazy. It's fun in only that at this time, you'd expect us to be 0-3, listening to the expects, but the team is still the same guys with good coaching, some smart FA's to help the D, and the 2nd year the OL is working together, hopefully they improve. But in no way is Buf out of anything with the D they have, JP will get better earlier, rather than later, and that's the benefit of the offseason working for him by the 5th or 6th game.

Brad528
10-01-2005, 09:39 PM
Last time I checked the Bills are now favored by 1 point and I bet on the Bills so I hope they come through. This was before I realized the game was the first game in front of SA and I am sure the league will cheat some how to make sure they win just so they can have a great marketing tool and story. By the way I am a Dolphin fan that is realistic about **** and realize that we have a long way to go before declaring ourselves division champs or playoff contenders but I do believe we have a much improved team due to the simple fact that we went from having not one trace of a running game to having a 1-2 punch with Ronnie and Ricky that will probaly be one of the best the league has seen in awhile. I know most of you Bills fans hope Ricky will fall off but the truth is he was only gone one season and not to many people as talented as him can lose it in that short of period. But as you guys are all saying we will just have to wait and see. As much as I hate the Bills I actually seem to enjoy it when they represent the AFC East and finish with a quality record.