PDA

View Full Version : Don't demote Jerry Gray!!!

HenryRules
01-07-2003, 01:28 PM
There seem to be lots of rumours floating around that Lebeau is coming in to be our defensive coordinator and Jerry Gray will be our LB coach. I think this is the worst thing we could do.
I think as far as Jerry Gray goes, there's 2 options ... keep him or fire him. I can understand doing either (although I think we should keep him), but demoting is the worst thing we could possibly do. How on earth is he supposed to get any respect at all from the linebackers ... management will have already stated (by demoting him) they have no confidence in his co-ordinating abilities and then they're putting him in as a LB coach when all his experience (coaching and playing) is at the DB position. Can someone please explain the thinking behind this possible move???

lordofgun
01-07-2003, 01:30 PM
Personally I think it's just speculation on the part of the media. No one in his right mind would stick around after getting demoted like that.

Novacane
01-07-2003, 02:07 PM
If JG refused a demotion does anyone know if he would still get paid the final year of his contract? If not, I bet Ralph and TD are trying to humiliate him into quitting to save a few $$$$