PDA

View Full Version : JP's Super Bowl is Sunday

finsrclowns
09-28-2005, 06:01 PM
I don't know how anyone else feels about it but as a Bills fan my five pre-season objectives for the Bills in any given year are, in order,

1) win the Super Bowl. That's what they play for and what we want as fans. Failing that,

2) make the playoffs. It feels better to have had a shot in the "tournament" than not, even if we lose. Failing that,

3) finish ahead of the fins. Always a good thing. Failing that,

4) Sweep the fins head to head. Failing that,

5) Split with the fins. Failing that, lock the basement door and wait for June.

The point is, a loss on Sunday has the potential to put in motion an array of outcomes, many of which COULD result in the basement getting locked. Here's why:

a) Losing Sunday, assuming Mularkey stubbornly decides that developing JP is his primary mission for the year, could result in a significant # of his players "tanking" the rest of the year. Don't believe it? NO could be the easiest remaining game left on our schedule. If we lose, players will ask themselves if in fact we can beat anyone. They'll stop "selling out" on every play and concern themselves more with their own health and stats. And this includes the defense. For example, last year the NY Giants D gave up an average of 17.5 points for their 1st 9 games with Kirt Warner at QB. With Eli Manning for the last 7 games that jumped to 27 a game. I don't think Eli's worse play accounts for all of that difference, if you catch my meaning.

b) If we go to 1-3 the SB and playoffs become lottery ticket long shots with JP at QB. Why? Because if JP "gets it" this year it won't be like a light bulb it will be gradually and that means going 9-3 the rest of the way is not realistic, particularly playing BB and NE twice.

c) It's early but the fins look quite a bit better than the 4-12 version from last year. If we go into that game 1-3 the pressure on JP from all sides will be greater than a piece of coal in a diamond mine. All the people that want him to stay in because benching him would hurt his confidence better think about what losing that game would do to him. I'm not being negative here just realistic.

Which brings me to the bottom line. If we're trailing by more than a FG at halftime on Sunday and/or the kid still is not on a first name basis with Moulds and Evans, I pray to God Mularkey has the sac to give the kid a nice view of the rest of the game and until further notice.

So good luck JP. Sunday's your Super Bowl. :attn:

THATHURMANATOR
09-28-2005, 06:08 PM
Yes it is a big game for the entire team.

jonah7777
09-28-2005, 07:18 PM
superbowl ?? with this team

MM will never get there
dream on and keep drinking if the bills make the playoffs it will not be till longgggggggg past 05

AndreReed83
09-28-2005, 09:07 PM
Jonah, I don't see what is wrong with a fans aspiration of his team winning the Superbowl or at least making the playoffs.

bobbyc39
09-28-2005, 10:03 PM
Hmmm... look who's flourishing in Dallas. With a defense this good, it's a shame MM put this potential SB team in the hands of a cocky second year "rookie"

THATHURMANATOR
09-28-2005, 10:05 PM
Bledsoe is Bledsoe. He won't win anything in Dallas either....

Mike13
09-28-2005, 10:08 PM
Jonah, I don't see what is wrong with a fans aspiration of his team winning the Superbowl or at least making the playoffs.
Thats what we all hope for as fans any given year, ven though we know its not gonna happen. When I say it I joke around though but that doesnt mean I dont expect a SuperBowl win for the fins within my lifetime.

THATHURMANATOR
09-28-2005, 10:10 PM
I hope everyone gets a chance to see their team at least once in their lives!

finsrclowns
09-29-2005, 08:43 AM
superbowl ?? with this team

MM will never get there
dream on and keep drinking if the bills make the playoffs it will not be till longgggggggg past 05

Thank you Nostradamus. :down:

northernbillfan
09-29-2005, 08:56 AM
Great post Finsrclowns :bf1:

I hope everyone gets a chance to see their team at least once in their lives!
3 times as a matter of fact, and I'm in Northern Canada.

finsrclowns
09-29-2005, 09:04 AM
Great post Finsrclowns :bf1:

3 times as a matter of fact, and I'm in Northern Canada.

Er...I think Thurm meant see your team win a SB. Or are you talking Gray Cups? :brush:

dominizzo
09-29-2005, 11:02 AM
Please stop using the terms superbowl and Bills in the same sentence untill you win one. This years Bills wouldn't even make it to the arena bowl let alone the NFL's championship game.:lmao:

finsrclowns
09-29-2005, 12:48 PM
Please stop using the terms superbowl and Bills in the same sentence untill you win one. This years Bills wouldn't even make it to the arena bowl let alone the NFL's championship game.:lmao:

The fin troll with 30 posts in one day is feeling her oats after their big win Sunday. I wouldn't talk too much about SB's. The last one the fins won was 20 years before you were born. :loser:

finsrclowns
10-02-2005, 04:18 PM
The Bills were down more than a FG at the half. I would have made the change then. Making it in the 4th quarter was too late. IMO Holcomb must start next week. It's probably too late for the season but you have to try. 275 yards passing in 3 games for JP is pathetic. Let the kid watch for a while.