PDA

View Full Version : I would imagine Lebeau wants to come in clean

Buffarama
01-07-2003, 01:44 PM
My personal speculation is that the only reason Lebeau isn't here as DC already, is that he doesn't want Jerry Gray looking over his shoulder. He wants to start clean and fresh, which you can't blame him.
My guess is that GW is the sticking point and doesn't want this to happen, and can't get over having to get rid of him. If push comes to shove he will be gone too. His refusal to fire Gray could mirror Ralph's attempt not to pay Phillips because of his refusal fire Ronnie Jones.

Novacane
01-07-2003, 02:01 PM
YOu're probably right Buff. I doubt he appreciates all his hand picked assistants and friends being axed by TD. Makes him just look like a figure head.

Bob Gaughn had a hilarious statement about this on his morning show today. He said TD has basically neutered GW with these firings!

Pride
01-07-2003, 03:11 PM
its true tho, but can you name one fireing that wasnt warranted?

Proves GW doesnt know *****

Bulldog
01-07-2003, 03:16 PM
This is the reason why I like TD. He dosen,t care about peoples feelings being hurt, this is a business, and if he can make the team better, by all means he will.

Buffarama
01-07-2003, 05:18 PM
Amen to that Bulldog.

MissBuffalo
01-07-2003, 05:19 PM
I don't care who GW is friends with, if you can't do your job (or your superierers aren't happy at the job you're supposed to be doing) you get canned---plain and simple. These are multi-millon dollar businesses, not some run down liquor store on the corner.

Good post Bulldog!!!!

The_Philster
01-07-2003, 05:52 PM
That's the whole problem with this league, MissB. It's an old boys network where you hire friends a lot of the time over someone who may be better at the job. Can anyone say "Ronnie Jones?"

Buffarama
01-07-2003, 05:57 PM
Ronnie Jones :):)

The_Philster
01-07-2003, 06:11 PM
I knew someone could say it. :D

Buffarama
01-07-2003, 07:41 PM
I need an avatar with me holding THREE cheerleaders........

The_Philster
01-07-2003, 07:44 PM
I could make myself one of those too, Buffarama ;)

Doc
01-07-2003, 09:20 PM
What's the rush for LeBeau to sign with the Bills, or any team? There isn't any. As for worrying about Gray looking over his shoulder, HAH! LeBeau would be the de facto DC, even though Gray probably would keep the DC title. It's what the Pats did back in 1996 when they added Belichick to their defensive staff, giving him the duties of secondary coach and assistant head coach. I suspect they'll do the same with LeBeau, giving him DL or LB coach and AHC.